The Lebanese American University (LAU) invites you to apply for the Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate Scholarship Program for in Lebanon for the 2021/2022 academic session.
The TLG (Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate) scholarship program initiated by the Lebanese American University (LAU) is heavily funded by the U.S. Department of State (MEPI).
The scholarship program offers students from the Middle East and North Africa a unique scholarship opportunity to complete a high-quality higher education and earn a Masters degree in one of the selected fields of study.
Scholarship Level and Field of study
The TLG Scholarship is designed to provide certain students from the Middle East and North Africa with a unique scholarship opportunity to receive high quality higher education and earn a Master’s degree in one of the following areas at the LAU locations below:
- Applied Economics – 30 credits (Beirut Campus),
- Interdisciplinary gender studies – 30 credits (Beirut Campus),
- International Affairs – 30 credits (Beirut or Byblos Campus),
- Migration Studies – 30 credits (Beirut Campus).
The 2021 Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate Scholarship Program will be hosted in Lebanon
To apply for the scholarship, the participant must:
- Be a citizen of Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Syria (residing outside Syria), Tunisia, and Yemen
- Make a commitment to complete your master’s degree within two years (from autumn 2021)
- Advocate for evidence-based research with an impact on public order and work as part of your master’s degree.
- Demonstrate academic excellence (maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 during academic years)
- The applicant should be underrepresented or an economically deserving student and should submit the appropriate application for financial assistance.
The TLG Scholarship program is targeted at attracting interested students who are citizens of any of the following nationalities; Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Syria (residing outside Syria), Tunisia, and Yemen
If accepted, the Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate Scholarship Benefits will include:
- Full coverage of all applicable enrolment tuition, and fees.
- University health insurance coverage.
- A monthly allowance for living expenses.
- A laptop for the duration of the program.
- An annual book allowance.
- Two round-trip tickets to the student’s home country.
- Contact and involvement in various community development projects and / or internships in the host country and / or in their home countries. Through such projects and internships, TLG students get to know different forms of public and civic measures in order to apply this learning in their respective countries.
- Academic advice, mentoring and learning services.
- Vocational training on leadership and gender;
- Opportunity to participate in the new Tomorrow’s Leaders College-to-Work pipeline as part of the consortium between LAU and the Georgia Institute of Technology.
Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate Scholarship duration spans throughout the period of the masters studies.
How do I apply?
To apply for the Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate Scholarship, the applicant is expected to email the documents required below;
- LAU-TLG approval application for 2021-2022 completed
- A recent passport photo.
- Identity card or passport (should correspond to the nationality to be used for the registration process at LAU).
- Educational certificates or diplomas (bachelor, license, etc.).
- Official certificates of the grades of all colleges or universities attended.
Upon acceptance, applicants will be asked to submit the official records in a sealed envelope.
Failure to register for enrolment at other institutions can invalidate admission and result in credits or degrees acquired.
Download and fill out the Mandatory Financial Aid Application
Fill out the MEPI FA application
Email it with all receipts for financial support (make sure to include “TLG-MEPI applicant” in the subject line).
Application deadline for the 2021 Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate Scholarship is slated for March 2, 2021.
The Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate Scholarship has been classified as one of the annual scholarship opportunities made available to support students from the Middle East and North Africa to pursue and complete the masters degree without putting a strain on their finances.
Mostly, it is targeted at indigent students to offer them the opportunity to achieve their dreams of obtaining a masters degree.
So, if you are a student in the middle eastern or North African nations and you desire to take your academic pursuit to the next level, this is an opportunity to take advantage of.