SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
The Pat Tillman Foundation is glad to announce the opening of the yearly application process for its Tillman Scholars Program to eligible active duty service members, veterans, and military partners. Tillman scholarship is not just a gift, it has an investment made by the foundation and its own supporters. Tillman Scholars are chosen based exclusively on merit. The scholarship covers educational costs, including tuition and fees, books and bills. Annually up to 60 candidates are selected from thousands of applicants to be Tillman Scholars. 2018 Tillman Scholars can expect to get the average of 10,000 per year.
Know about Pat Tillman Foundation
Founded in 2008, the program supports active-duty service members, veterans and their spouses with academic scholarships, a national network, and professional development opportunities, so they are empowered to make an impact at home and around the world.
Our mission is to unite and empower remarkable military veterans and spouses as the next generation of public and private sector leaders committed to service beyond self. The Tillman Scholars are already making a difference in the fields of medicine, law, business, technology, education, the arts and more.
Who is Pat Tillman?
Pat Tillman was an American football star that joined the army in the wake of the US terror attack in September 2001. On one of such travels, his unit was ambushed and his heroic efforts provided cover for fellow soldiers as they escaped from the canyon that led to his untimely and tragic death via fratricide in April 2004 while serving with the 75th Ranger Regiment at Afghanistan.
While the story of Pat’s death may have been the most publicized in the War on Terror, it is Pat’s life, principles and service that are his true legacy. Pat’s family and friends started the Pat Tillman Foundation to carry forward that legacy by giving military veterans and spouses who embody those principles the educational tools and support to reach their fullest potential as leaders, no matter how they choose to serve.
The Pat Tillman Foundation scholarship program is intended for active duty service members, veterans, and military partners intending to get into a college or university for undergraduate and graduate studies.
Pat Tillman scholarship is to be taken in United States. If you are an international student and you desire to study in the United States, Check out the best scholarships obtainable for study in the United States of America
The Tillman scholarship is available to all U.S citizens. Read also if you wish to study outside your country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
the Pat Tillman scholarship amount covers educational expenses, including tuition and fees, books and living expenses. But scholars receive much more than just funding, they also receive the following;
- Access to the Tillman Scholar Community and leadership opportunities within the network
- Invitation to the annual Pat Tillman Leadership Summit in Chicago, IL
- Entry to the annual Pat’s Run in Tempe, AZ, or Shadow Runs nationwide
- Access to mini-grants to attend professional development opportunities (conferences, workshops, and training)
- Invitation to premier partner conferences including Inc. 500/5000
- Access to veteran affinity groups and talent acquisition networks at top companies across the U.S.
- Participation in ground-breaking research studies in the veterans and military community
- Opportunities to meet and volunteer with veteran partner organizations including Team Rubicon, The Mission Continues, and Team RWB
- Highlights of your stories, studies and service efforts on the Pat Tillman Foundation website and social media
The Pat Tillman scholarship has about 60 opportunities for applicants.
Eligibility for Pat Tillman scholarship
Eligibility for Pat Tillman scholarship is reserved for persons who fall into the following. Applicants must be a
- Veteran and Active Duty military service members
- Veterans with pre- and/or post-9/1 1 service from all branches of the U.S. Military, such as the National Guard and Reserve
- Current spouses of specialists or Active Duty support members, such as living spouses
- Maintain a fulltime student standing
- Maintain a high academic standing (3.0 GPA or high)
- senior veterans or spouses pursuing a degree as a Fulltime student:
Under Graduate Bachelor’s level
Graduate or specialist diploma
At a public or personal, U.S.-based accredited institution of high education
Full Time as determined by your institution and program of study
Other Supporting Records
Applicants will be required to submit the following supporting documents:
- DD-214 Documentation of military community or service impact like a military spouse.
- Resume Résumé including education, work, people service history, recognitions and awards earned.
- Responses to (2) essay questions researching these areas: public and military service motivation and adventures; and educational, career and service ambitions.
- Character recommendation from some third party
- 250-word bio
If an applicant progresses, they could request the following extra advice at junctures at the choice process:
Student Aid Report from FAFSA
2 photos from military service or with your partner
Institutional Economic aid award letter — Completion of a background check
Pat Tillman Scholarships Application Procedures
To commence the application, candidates can register and start participating in Tillman Scholars Program, today. The link is: https://pattillman.fluidreview.com/
Application Deadline of Scholarship
The 2018 Tillman Scholar application cycle is now closed and applications are under review. The next application cycle will open in February 2019
You can get more information about Pat Tillman Scholarship, Click on the link http://pattillmanfoundation.org/apply-to-be-a-scholar/
Contact Information: If you have any question, email at scholarships-at-pattillmanfoundation.org
We recommend other scholarship opportunities.
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. If no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.