The Tiber Bursary Scheme is a golden opportunity for students who have plans to pursue their dreams in the world of civil engineering and construction. The Tiber scholarship fund for South African Students is open to all eligible candidates.
Hence, reading this article will aid you to ascertain your eligibility and more importantly show you how and where to apply to stand a chance in becoming a beneficiary.
The Bursary Scheme not only offers financial assistance to aid in reducing the cost of education but also offers employment opportunities after you’re done.
This awesome Bursary Scheme is offered by the Tiber Construction group, a private and management-owned company.
- Know about Tiber Construction Group
- Tiber Bursary Scheme
- Tiber Scholarship Fund for South African Students Benefits
- Eligibility for Tiber Scholarship Fund for South African Students
- Scholarship Number
- How to Apply for Tiber Scholarship Fund for South African Students
- Author’s Recommendation
Know about Tiber Construction Group
The Tiber Construction group, one of the leading construction companies in the country was established in 1951, about 67 years ago, by Paolo Rivera and has evolved into a highly reputable and respected leader in the private property and construction sector. The company has been able to build its legacy over half a century and is renowned in the world of construction.
Tiber Construction group is a private and management-owned company with a culture of loyalty and service, supported by a number of highly skilled and experienced management team and workforce.
The company has been able to provide its clients with a hands-on approach to understanding and meeting their needs with superior and sustainable property solutions and this has earned the group a high range of credibility.
The Tiber Construction group has since become a respected leader in the construction and private property sector. The management-owned private company prides itself on its hands-on approach to fulfilling client needs with top-notch property solutions.
Since the start of the Tiber Construction Bursary program, the company has assisted 24 students with obtaining their qualification with the industry, and these students are now full-time employees of the group. This is a true reflection of their commitment to assisting the industry’s youth.
Tiber Construction company boasts of extensive experience in the construction and property industries that strengthen its unique ability to provide a collaborative range of comprehensive solutions, including, Traditional Building Contracts for Clients, Special Projects, Full Turnkey Solutions, Client Partnering, Property Development, and Management.
The Tiber brand continues to grow from strength to strength and is synonymous of core strengths of quality and reliability. Its vision is clearly defined as it looks into the future with confidence and great excitement, and continue to contribute to the growth and prosperity of the country.
The Tiber Construction strongly believes in turning job opportunities in construction into exciting, sustainable career paths.
The company is out to get talented individuals with a “positive can-do” attitude that can make tremendous contributions to the growth of the company. It promises to help shape your future horizon to unlock your true potential.
Tiber Bursary Scheme
In a bid to give back to society and to fulfill its corporate responsibility, The Tiber Construction group created a bursary scheme that helps to provide financial support to qualifying candidates who wish to study full time in the field of construction.
Funding support is provided for the payment of tuition, examination, residence and book fees. The bursary program currently supports 5 students in their studies in the fields of Civil Engineering and BSC Construction.
Since the inception of the bursary scheme according to them, 24 students have qualified in their respective fields of study, and are now employed full-time by the company. This is a sort of double package as not only is the provision of financial assistance laudable but also the employment opportunity guaranteed after completion of studies. This is an opportunity one would not like to miss.
The Tiber Construction bursary scheme provides financial support to qualifying candidates who wish to study full time in the field of construction. Funding support is provided for the payment of tuition, examination, residence and book fees.
Tiber Scholarship Fund for South African Students Benefits
The Tiber Scholarship fund South Africa will offer a benefit that covers the payment of tuition fees, examination, residence, book fees, and a monthly stipend.
Eligibility for Tiber Scholarship Fund for South African Students
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- Applicant must be a South African citizen
- Applicant must be in possession of a valid South African ID Document
- Applicant must have completed Matric
- Applicant must be in possession of a National Senior Certificate
- Applicant must be studying full time towards a qualification in one of the aforementioned construction-related fields of study
- Applicant must have successfully completed his or her first or second year of study
- Applicant must also have achieved a minimum overall average of 60% for your current studies
- All applicants should have successfully completed their 1st or 2nd year. Bursaries will be awarded for studies within the following fields/ areas (no other fields of study will be considered): Civil Engineering/Structural Engineering/Building Sciences and Construction
- Applicant must study with a minimum of 60% in one of the following fields: Civil/Structural Engineering and Building Sciences (Construction). (Applications for any other fields of study will not be considered)
The Tiber Bursary Scheme is available for undergraduates students who are pursuing a degree in the field of Engineering in any accredited South African University. You can access more Engineering scholarships through this link.
The Scholarship is hosted in South Africa. If you are an international student and you desire to study in South Africa. Check out the best scholarships obtainable for study in South Africa
The Tiber scholarship fund is available for students from South Africa. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The number of offers was not specified.
How to Apply for Tiber Scholarship Fund for South African Students
Download and complete the Tiber Construction Bursary application form in either of the following formats:
Tiber Construction Bursary Application Form (word doc format)
Tiber Construction Bursary Application Form (pdf format)
It is advisable to also obtain a copy of the application form on the Tiber Construction website (www.tiber.co.za) OR you can obtain a hard copy of the application form at your University bursary/ finance office.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory-if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- South African ID document (certified copy of)
- Matric certificate (certified copy of)
- Full tertiary academic record (certified copy)
Note: Applicants must submit their December final results as soon as they are available. Application forms and supporting documentation must be submitted in one of the following ways:
- Via email: Bursaries2020@tiber.co.za
- Hand-delivered: 12 Desmond Street, Kramerville, Sandton, 2090
- You can also contact the company for further enquiries at:
12 Desmond Street, Kramerville, Sandton
Tel: +27 11 430 7700
Fax: 086 502 2408
The following must accompany your application form:
- Certified copy of your ID
- Certified copies of all academic records
Application forms are available on our website, Tiber construction offices or from the bursary office at your university. You can send your CV to HR@tiber.co.za to apply.
You should note that only practical work is offered to selected bursary students. Tiber Construction bursaries will provide coverage for the following expenses: tuition fees, examination fees, prescribed books, residence, and a monthly stipend.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted an invited to attend an interview. If you do not hear back from the Tiber Construction group, please regard your application as unsuccessful. Once students have graduated, they will be required to join Tiber Construction.
- PPC Bursary in South Africa
- Erasmus+ MOBILE+3 Scholarships
- Allan Gray Bursaries in South Africa
- 20 Commerce Bursaries In South Africa
- SEOF Scholarship For Nigerian Students (SHARE THIS)
- Union Plus Scholarship Program[Updated]
We hope this writing provided your scholarship necessities. Please share with your friends and leave your question or response on the comment box for us to serve you better.