The Thomson Reuters Foundation is delighted to invite applications for the Uncovering Security – Story Lab Programme enhance the collaborations among reporters and to support outstanding reporting. The Uncovering Security – Story Lab Programme will support journalists to collaborate with researchers to uncover emerging threats in specific communities, countries or regions worldwide, and produce stories that reach a wide audience. Uncovering Security was launched in 2016 to give journalists and researchers who are interested in similar security-related topics the opportunity to work together – to learn from each other, to share skills, expertise, resources and contacts. The results of the pilot program revealed many benefits to this kind of cooperation.
The programme features:
- A three-day residential Story Lab (8-11 January 2018) taking place near London that will bring together journalists, security researchers, and experts to share insight on emerging security situations and explore or refine story ideas (costs of participation are covered by the programme)
- The opportunity to collaborate with researchers and apply for small grants to cover the cost of reporting stories.
- Access to experienced journalists who have covered security stories all over the world, and who can provide advice and editorial guidance
- Support with pitching stories to international publication platforms if needed.
- The programme will cover all transport and subsistence costs of journalists participating in this programme.
- Open to journalists working for media outlets in the developing world, or the USA, Canada or Germany;
- Have at least three years’ experience in journalism;
- Experience covering security situations would be an advantage;
- Journalists working in any medium, or multiple media;
- Must be fluent in English.
- To apply for the programme please complete the application form. You will be able to save your application and continue it later.
For more information, visit Thomson Reuters Foundation Uncovering Security – Story Lab.
Deadline: September 4, 2017