APplications are now been submitted for the Thomson Reuters Foundation African Journalism Program 2018, eligible journalists are by this notice invited to apply for this program.
About the Award:
Increasingly African business and social leaders are emphasising that the future of the continent lies in its own hands. But, are we adequately reporting this and giving sufficient media attention to the strengthening entrepreneurial and innovative spirit? While analysing the challenges facing development, this intensive 3-day course explores the opportunities being seized by businesses and individuals in Africa, as well as the costs and benefits of foreign investment. The workshop aims to equip journalists with the skills necessary to cover the economic and business trends. Led by seasoned Reuters’ journalists with deep experience, the course will show you how to make the link between money and people; and where to find new stories and sources.
Value of Award:
East African and Southern African countries
To Be Taken At (Country):
- Applicants must be African (East Africa and Southern Africa) full-time journalists or regular contributors to broadcast media organisations in Africa.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate a commitment to a career in journalism in their country, must be a senior journalist with a minimum of three years’ professional experience and have a good level in spoken and written English.
- If you have been on a Thomson Reuters Foundation training programme within the last two years you will not be eligible to apply.
Before attending this course participants:
Should be able to demonstrate a solid understanding of financial journalism.
Will be able to structure a news story, including writing leads, interviewing sources, and producing accurate copy.
Must have a good level of spoken and written English.
How to Apply:
When applying you will be asked to upload the following documents – please have these ready:
- 2 relevant work samples (maximum file size 5 MB) – in English if possible. For stories not in English, please include a 250-word English summary about the story.
- A letter from your editor consenting to your participation in the programme
If you have any difficulties applying, please email email@example.com.
Application Deadline: 23rd February 2018
Important Notes: This arrangement is subject to variation. If you have any questions please email: TRFMedia@thomsonreuters.com