The Scholarship Award was created to honor the legacy of the Late Professor Nicholas Kumapley of Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology, Kumasi, Ghana. Professor Kumapley made great contributions in teaching and mentoring students and young professionals who pursue engineering and science as a profession. The scholarship awards are given by GEAAA annually to engineering, architectural and mathematics/science students who demonstrate excellent academic performance/innovation.
The goal is to encourage Ghanaian students worldwide to pursue academic careers in Engineering, Architecture, Science, Mathematics & Technology to help improve the quality of life & economic growth of Africa.
Amount of Scholarship Awards: US$ 200 to U$500.
1. Be a University or Polytechnic Student (Undergraduate or Post-Graduate) with a major in Engineering, Architecture, Science or Mathematics
2. Must demonstrate high academic achievement in Engineering, Architecture, or Mathematics/Science
3. Be planning a career in Engineering, Architecture or Mathematics/Science
4. Must demonstrate strong interest in developing concepts that contribute towards Solutions to technological challenges in Africa.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION
1. Complete attached Application Form
2. Narrative/Essay (350-400 words) A description of research, or other interest as it contributes to the goals of the Scholarship Fund. Explain what motivated you to choose a career path in Engineering, Architecture or Mathematics/Science
3 Resume /Curriculum Vitae In not more than 1 page indicate the following:
a. Education (University , Secondary, Technical Schools attended & degrees/diploma or other certificate received, if any)
b. Professional or other Certification received, or honors awarded, if any
c. Professional Associations/Affiliations, if any
d. Technical Publications and/or Projects, if any
4 Academic Transcripts from a Tertiary Institution or Proof of Admission into a Tertiary Institution 5. A letter of recommendation from individual in supervisory position
6. Submit Application and all Supporting Documents to email@example.com
APPLICATION DEADLINE: JANUARY 31, 2017
SCHOLARSHIP SCHEDULE Awardees will be notified not later than March 31, 2017