If you’re interested in getting an Army Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) scholarship and commissioning in the Army Reserve, the Minuteman Scholarship gives you a superb prospect. All qualified applicants for ROTC scholarships can apply for consideration for a 4-year Minuteman Scholarship.
Each Army Reserve major subordinate command (MSC) can award four Minuteman Scholarships per year. Minuteman Scholarships cover four years of full tuition and fees or $10,000 for room and board at colleges and universities served by an Army ROTC program
The ROTC is a military organization that trains people to become officers in the armed forces so that they are ready to join a military operation if they are needed.
However, Carefully read through the article, we have gathered the information that will help you to know more about the Minuteman Scholarship.
What You Need To Know About The Minuteman Scholarship
Even the U.S. Army Reserve provides trained, armed and prepared soldiers, leaders, and components to meet America’s needs at home and overseas.
All scholarship recipients must satisfactorily complete the US Army ROTC Program of Instruction. This includes the ROTC Basic Course, Army ROTC Basic Camp, the ROTC Advanced Course, the Army ROTC Advanced Camp, and other Professional Military Education (PME) requirements. Scholarship recipients must also maintain satisfactory academic and physical fitness standings.
Level / Field Of Study
This scholarship is to be taken in the U.S.A.
If you are an international student and you wish to study in the united state of America, this is for you the best scholarships obtainable for study in the United States of America
The scholarship is available to all U.S citizens.
Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.’
Minuteman scholarship national guard BENEFITS
The Minuteman Scholarship covers full tuition and fees at any school or college served with an Army Reserve Officer’s Training Corps (ROTC) program or may be used toward accommodation, estimated at $10,000 each year.
• Scholarship recipients also get a yearly book allowance of $1,200 plus a monthly stipend from $300 to $500 while attending college, based on their year at the ROTC program.
• Minuteman Scholarship recipients should take part in the Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP), where they engage in an Army Reserve unit yearly drill plus a 14-day yearly training and are compensated as a sergeant.
• You Must Be a U.S. citizen
•Be Between the ages of 17-31
• Valid MEPS bodily
• Currently at the Army Reserve or qualified for enlistment
• Capability to maneuver APFT
• Meet AR 600-9 standards
• Pass MSC commander Interview
• Professor of Military Science validation
• Acceptance correspondence to faculty
• Evidence of academic Significant
• Evidence of ACT or SAT scores
• Enroll at ROTC
How To Apply for Minuteman scholarship
Show your interest to your local military recruitment office as early as possible, preferably during your junior year of high school. Scholarships often go to students majoring in subjects that will be of value to the military, such as engineering, computer science, specific foreign languages, or nursing.
You can apply online at military branch websites, or at your local Army, Navy, or Air Force recruiting offices. Students interested in Marine Corps ROTC scholarships must apply through the Navy ROTC
• To begin, higher school seniors must contact the Professor of Military Science or even Recruiting Operations Officer in the Army ROTC program that serves their school or college.
• You will find 275 host apps that cover almost 3,000 colleges across the USA. To Discover a program that serves your university or college, you can visit the specified connection: http://www.goarmy.com/rotc.html
Minuteman Scholarship Deadline 2020
Scholarship application deadlines differ by military branch but may fall anywhere between December 1 and January 31 of your senior year. If you receive a scholarship, it will be restricted to one of the colleges and majors you provided on your ROTC application.
Link to More Info:
The point of contact for scholarship action is William.l.gee2.mil@mail.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND:
- WAAW Foundation Stem Scholarships For Africans
- Undergraduate Scholarships At Edith Cowan University in Australia 2020
- Master Scholarships at the University of Maiduguri in Nigeria, 2020
- Jim Ovia Foundation Leaders Scholarship for Undergraduates in Ghana and Nigeria, 2020
- Heriot-Watt University CRL Scholarship Award, 2020
- Army ROTC Scholarships For U.S students.
- Guinness Nigeria Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme for young Nigerians 2020
- Ministry for Primary Industries / NIWA Scholarship In New Zealand
- The Future Is Female Scholarship Program 2020