SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
A college education tuition is already a significant financial challenge for many families, but it becomes infinitely harder for a student when a parent dies, leaving little if any life insurance. That’s why The Happens has created an annual “The Life Lessons Scholarship Program” for school students and college-bound high school seniors. The Purpose of their programs is helping those pupils that are struggling financially to get a college education, because of a parent dying with little or no life insurance.
Life Happens Organization
The Life Happens’ is a US-based organization whose mission is to inspire the public and assisting Americans to take personal financial obligation through the ownership of life insurance and related products. It was formed in 1994 by seven leading insurance producer organizations.
LEVEL / FIELD OF SCHOLARSHIP
The Life Lessons Scholarship Scholarship program is meant for high school students.
This scholarship is to be taken in the U.S.A. If you are an international student and you wish to study in the united state of America, check out the best scholarships obtainable for study in the United States of America
The scholarship is available to all U.S citizens. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
Life Lessons Scholarship Benefit
The life lessons scholarship winners will receive the grand prize of $10,000 for the best video or essay.
Eligibility for Life Lessons Scholarship
To be eligible for scholarship, applicants should fulfil the following criteria:
- The application is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico.
- Candidate who are between 17 and 24 decades of age, have experienced the death of a parent or legal guardian, and are currently enrolled in,
- A candidate who’ve been accepted to a school, university or trade school within the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia or Puerto Rico.
- A small need to have a parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to enter.
- Workers at Life and Health Insurance Foundation for Education (“Life Happens” or “Sponsor”), Weber Shandwick, and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion agencies, any such employee’s immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in their same households, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win a scholarship.
Scholarship Essay& Video Guidelines
- In a 500-word essay or even a 3-minute video, discuss how the passing of your parent or guardian influenced your life financially and emotionally.
- Make certain to describe the way the loss of your parent/guardian impacted your college strategies (e.g., your capacity to afford college, attend the school of your decision, etc.).
- Comment specifically on the way things may have turned out differently for you and your family in the event the person who died had sufficient life insurance policy.
- Additionally, indicate what you’ve done to provide yourself or other family members due to financial challenges your family has faced.
The deadline for its Life Lessons Scholarship program is 4:00 p.m. ET on March 1st. Though the application is currently closed for the year, but we will keep you informed on the new opening date.
Life Lessons Scholarship Application
To enter for life lessons scholarship, candidate can submit on-line application through the given link: lifehappens.org/scholarship
You can link up for more Information of the scholarship or the organization by clicking on the organization’s website http://www.lifehappens.org/life-lessons-scholarship-program/life-lessons-scholarship-application/
In case you have any queries, you can contact: email — scholarship-at-lifehappens. Org or telephone 202-464-5000 ext. 4446.
We recommend other scholarship opportunities.
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. If no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.