The Students Financial Aid Office (SFAO) is accepting 2020 applications for the award of the General Electric Scholarship for University of Ghana students from areas of need studying BA Computer Science or any of the APPLIED SCIENCES at University of Ghana.
About General Electric
GE a wholly-owned affiliate of General Electric Company has been engaged in infrastructure development in Ghana for several years, notably through the supply of technology, services and know-how, training initiatives, investment and supply chain development in the power, transportation and healthcare sectors
General Electric will provide flat-rated scholarship support through the “GE Scholarship”, for the benefit of certain University of Ghana under-graduate students in the areas of BA Computer Science and some BSc Applied Sciences. Scholarships are renewable annually provided they maintain a Grade Point Average of (GPA) 2.5 or better.
What you need to know about University of Ghana
The University of Ghana, the premier university and the largest university in Ghana was founded as the University College of the Gold Coast by Ordinance on August 11, 1948, for the purpose of providing and promoting university education, learning and research.
As a University poised to distinguish itself in the area of research to make an impact at the national and international level, the University has launched a new Strategic Plan.
This new strategic plan (2014-2024) is intended to consolidate the gains made from the review of the University’s mission and practices and situate these within the context of a very dynamic environment of higher education in Ghana and beyond.
What you need to know before applying to study in Ghana
Education is a prominent component of life in Ghana. The country is actively working to improve its literacy rate and strengthen its overall economy as a result. The adult literacy rate here is about 71 per cent. Males are more likely to have an education than females. In terms of opportunities for higher education, the country has numerous choices for students.
There are 21 public training colleges in the country, most of which offer specialized education for students who need between one and three years of education. There are 18 technical institutions present and two institutions issuing diplomas. The country also is home to six universities as well as various private programs. The following is a list of the public universities available in the country:
- The University of Ghana
- University of Cape Coast
- University of Education
- University of Mines and Technology
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
- University for Develop Studies
Of these, the oldest school in the country is the University of Ghana, which opened its doors in 1948. The focus of education throughout these schools is very diverse. Many students study business, social sciences, and medicine. However, there is also a strong demand for technology-based education, the arts, and the humanities. Perhaps the most well-known school in the region is Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, which has become a top school in this portion of Africa.
NOTE: Our Scholarship Award Winning Ebook (worth $50) is up for grab, if you’re reading this article, you stand a chance to win one of our Scholarship Ebook. Read through for eligibility on how to get our scholarship ebook for free.
World Scholarship Forum popular searched Scholarships
- Fully Funded Scholarships
- ICCR Scholarships
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries
- Scholarships For Developing Countries
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS
- List of Top 10 Mechanical Engineering Colleges in the World
Don’t miss any of these Scholarship opportunities. You can open any of these opportunities on a new tab.
Level / Field of Study
The GE scholarship is available to pursue a graduate degree program at the University of Ghana. the Scholarship will be awarded in the areas of BA Computer Science and some BSc Applied Sciences.
The GE scholarship is being taken in Ghana at the University of Ghana. There are other Ghanaian Scholarships available for International students in 2020. You can utilize these scholarship opportunities to solve most of your academics problems. Check out other scholarships you can apply for in 2020 to study in Europe, Africa, Asia, America, etc.
The General Electric Scholarship is available for the students of Ghana. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
Aside from this General Electric Scholarship, there are other scholarships available to international students to study abroad. You can check our scholarship by country to access all scholarships available.
The Scholarship covers academic and residential fees and book allowance. In addition, leadership training and limited Internship may be offered as long as an excellent academic standard of at least a 2.5 CGPA continues to be met and need is demonstrated.
The GE Scholarship 2020 at University of Ghana Eligibility
- Eligible Countries: Scholarship is available for the students of Ghana.
- Entrance Requirements: You are eligible to apply if you:
1). Are Ghanaian.
2). A University of Ghana regular student.
3). Obtained an aggregate of 15 or better at the WASSCE or CGPA 3.0.
4). Are able to demonstrate limited family income and/or insufficient funds to cover most or all educationally related expenses.
5). Have the will to succeed (determination, perseverance and success in other pursuits).
6). Are reading BA Computer Science or Basic Applied Sciences in the following areas: BSc in Information Technology, Material Science and Engineering, Earth Science, Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
7). Will maintain at least a 2.5 CGPA.
8). Are of a Good Conduct.
How to Apply for The GE Scholarship 2020 at the University of Ghana
- Download and submit a completed application form. You may be asked for additional information if corrections are needed or if any information/response on your application is not clear.
You may be asked for additional information if corrections are needed or if any information/response on your application is not clear.
For enquiries call the Students Financial Aid Office on 020-518-6904/0302- 945-312 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Students Financial Aid Office is located at No. 11 East Legon – Main Campus behind the College of Agriculture and Consumer Sciences and opposite CEGENSA.
The following are Examples of documents that can be used to support this application:
• Official pay slip or payroll record of parents/guardians or the applicant.
• Recent school receipts/ bills of siblings of school going age.
• Tax return receipts– IRS, VAT, tabletop hawking receipts, etc.
• Birth Certificates (of siblings).
• Death Certificate or Burial permit (in case of death of a parent).
• Pension letter for retired parents/guardians.
• Bank Statements / Ghana Cocoa Board Farmers Association Passbook.
• SSNIT contribution statements.
• Money transfer receipts.
• National Health Insurance receipts (showing premium paid).
• Evidence of other dependents of parents/guardians.
• Any other supporting documents that you believe will assist in the processing, of your application.
• High School Transcripts (Terminal Reports)
• West African Senior School Certificate Exam Results (WASSCE)
• University Acceptance Letter
• Records regarding achievement tests, academic awards, honours, and substantive assessments by teachers, including letters of recommendation.
• Confirm That you are not currently receiving support through any other scholarship program
It is important that your eligibility for student financial aid be based on accurate information. In doing so, together, we can ensure that the right students get financial support and that the integrity of the University of Ghana Students Financial Aid programme is preserved
The General Electric Scholarship 2020 Application Deadline:
The GE Scholarship 2020 application deadline is on February 1, 2020
Applying for Student Visas
Students will need to obtain a visa to study here. The student visa requires students to already have an active passport and acceptance into a school. An application for office student visas must be sent along with an invitation letter to the embassy for the student to receive a visa. There are fees associated with obtaining the visa, but for most students, the process is simple and straightforward.
The GE Scholarship 2020 Application Link
You can begin the application and get more details by clicking the Scholarship Link
Eligibility for winning our scholarship EBook
Get our Scholarship Ebook for free now, indicate interest in the comment section and the Ebook will be sent to you. This offer is for the first 50 people.
- Archbishop Tutu Fellowship for Young African Leaders
- Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program for Ghana Students
- Cardiff University: Center of Law and Society Research Visitor Fellowship
- Fully-funded Kader Asmal MSc Fellowships in Ireland
- United Nations University Fellowship for Developing Countries
- Post-Doc Fellowship at the Technical University of Munich in Germany
- Stanford University Scholarships Opportunities for International Students
- Cifar Azrieli Global Scholars Research Program for International Students in Canada
- UNESCO-IHE’s Netherlands Fellowship Programmes
- University of Oxford-THIS Institute Postdoctoral Fellowships for Students in UK
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Kindly review our post below