SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
The Facebook Fellowship Program and Emerging Scholar Awards are designed to encourage and support promising doctoral students who are engaged in innovative and relevant research in areas related to computer science and engineering.
Winners of the Fellowship are entitled to receive two years of tuition and fees paid, a stipend of $37,000 each year, and up to $5,000 in conference travel support.
Applications will be evaluated based on the strength of the student’s research statement, publication record, and recommendation letters.
While open to students in any year of PhD study, a heavy emphasis on research and publication record for Facebook Fellowships favor students who are further along in their course of study. Applicants who are earlier in their career and fit the criteria of a minority group that is traditionally under-represented* in the technology sector have the option of being evaluated for an Emerging Scholar Award.
What You Need To Know About The Facebook Fellowship Program 2019
LEVEL / FIELD OF STUDY:
The Fellowships are available for PhD students in the areas listed below.
Applications will be accepted from students with research related to one of the following areas:
- Applied Statistics
- AR/VR Photonics and Optics
- Computational Social Science
- Computer Vision
- Compute Storage and Efficiency
- Distributed Systems
- Economics and Computation
- Hardware and Software Infrastructure for Machine Learning
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Networking and Connectivity
- Programming Languages
- Spoken Language Processing and Audio Classification
- UX/Instagram Well-being
- Research outside the above: relevant work in areas that may not align with the research priorities highlighted
The fellowship can be taken in UNITED STATE. If you are an international student and you wish to study in UK , this is for you Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
These fellowships are available for international students.. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
- Tuition and fees will be paid for the academic year (up to two years/four semesters)
- $37K grant (one-time payment during each academic year)
- Up to $5,000 in conference travel support
- Paid visit to Facebook headquarters to for the annual Fellowship Summit
The Facebook Fellowship Program 2019 Eligibility:
Eligible Countries: These fellowships are available for international students.
- Full-time PhD students who are currently involved in on-going research who are enrolled in an accredited university in any country
- Students work must be related to one or more relevant disciplines (see research areas below)
- Students must be enrolled during the academic year(s) the Fellowship is awarded
- First or second year PhD students who fit the criteria of a minority group that is under-represented* in the technology sector have the option of being evaluated for an Emerging Scholar Award.
English Language Requirements: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
How To Apply For The Facebook Fellowship Program 2019
- 250-word research summary which clearly identifies the area of focus, importance to the field, and applicability to Facebook of the anticipated research during the award (reference the research areas below)
- Resume or CV, with email, phone and mailing address, and applicable coursework noted
- 2 letters of recommendation to be uploaded with your application. Please provide reference email addresses, and one reference must be from an academic advisor
Scholarship Applications Deadline:
The Facebook Fellowship application will open September 4th, 2018 at 12:00 am PST and closes on October 12, 2018 at 12:00 am PST.