Facebook Fellowship Program & Emerging Scholar Awards
The world’s largest social networking site Facebook is pleased to announce its Fully Funded Facebook Fellowship Program and Emerging Scholars Awards for first or second year Ph.D. students, who are members of a minority group.
The award is designed to specifically support talented students from underrepresented minority groups and encourage them to continue their Ph.D. studies, pursue innovative research, and engage with the broader research community.
The winners of the scholarship will get tuition and fees for two academic years, up to $5,000 towards conference travel funds and $37,000 annual stipend.
The Facebook Fellowship Program and Emerging Scholar Awards are designed to encourage and support promising doctoral students who are engaged in innovative and relevant research in areas related to Computer science and Engineering.
Winners of the Fellowship are entitled to receive two years of tuition and fees paid, a stipend of $37,000 each year, and up to $5,000 in conference travel support.
Applications will be evaluated based on the strength of the student’s research statement, publication record, and recommendation letters.
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share and make the world more open and connected. People use Facebook to stay connected with friends and family, to discover what’s going on in the world, and to share and express what matters to them.
While open to students in any year of Ph.D. study, a heavy emphasis on research and publication record for Facebook Fellowships favor students who are further along in their course of study.
Applicants who are earlier in their career and fit the criteria of a minority group that is traditionally under-represented* in the technology sector have the option of being evaluated for an Emerging Scholar Award.
What You Need To Know About The Facebook Fellowship Program 2020
Level/Field of Study
The Facebook Fellowship Program and Emerging Scholars Awards are provided for first and second year Ph.D. students who are underrepresented minorities in the technology industry. The Fellowships are available for Ph.D. students in the areas listed below.
Applications will be accepted from students with research related to one of the following areas:
- Applied Statistics
- AR/VR Photonics and Optics
- Computer Graphics
- Computational Social Science
- Computer Vision
- Compute Storage and Efficiency
- Distributed Systems
- Economics and Computation
- Hardware and Software Infrastructure for Machine Learning
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Networking and Connectivity
- Programming Languages
- Spoken Language Processing and Audio Classification
- UX/Instagram Well-being
- Research outside the above: relevant work in areas that may not align with the research priorities highlighted
The Facebook Fellowship Program can be taken in the UNITED STATE OF AMERICA.
If you are an international student and you wish to study in the UK, this is for you Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
The Facebook Fellowship Program and Emerging Scholars Awards are open to students at all universities both in the United States and in other countries. This scholarship is open to International Students.
Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
Facebook Fellowship Program and Emerging Scholars Awards scholarship worth includes:
- Payment of tuition and fees for two academic years.
- $37,000 annual stipend.
- Up to $5,000 towards conference travel funds.
- Paid visit to Facebook headquarters to for the annual Fellowship Summit
The Facebook Fellowship Program 2020 Eligibility:
Eligible Countries: These fellowships are available for international students.
- Full-time Ph.D. students who are currently involved in on-going research who are enrolled in an accredited university in any country
- Students work must be related to one or more relevant disciplines (see research areas below)
- Students must be enrolled during the academic year(s) the Fellowship is awarded
- First or second year Ph.D. students who fit the criteria of a minority group that is under-represented* in the technology sector have the option of being evaluated for an Emerging Scholar Award.
English Language Requirements: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
How To Apply For The Facebook Fellowship Program 2020
All applicants will need to use their Facebook account to apply for the scholarship. Applying candidates must log in through the given link:
- A research summary of 250 words that clearly identifies the area of interest, the importance for the domain and the applicability to Facebook of the planned search during the assignment (see the research areas below)
- Resume or CV, with email, phone and postal address and the applicable coursework noted
- Two letters of recommendation. Please provide reference email addresses. One reference should come from an educational consultant.
The Facebook Fellowship Program 2020 application will open on August 12, 2020, and closes on October 4, 2020, 11:59 pm PST.
If you have any questions or inquiries please email at scholars-at-fb.com or contact us at [email protected]
- Fully funded Wenner-Gren Foundation PhD Fellowships for African Students
- Simple Procedures to get an Indian Student Visa Fast
- Tel Aviv University Postdoctoral, Doctoral and Visiting Fellowships in Israel
- Next Generation Social Sciences Doctoral Fellowships for African Countries
- LEAP Africa Graduate Internship Programme
- EACVI Training Grants for International Students in Europe
- Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership Vacancy
- Banting Postdoctoral Annual Fellowships For Canadian and International Students.
- Swedish Institute Creative Force Grants Program
- Thorlabs Engineering Scholarship Programme in UK
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, Leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
World Scholarship Forum
- APPLICATION LINK
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- SCHOLARSHIP WORTH
The world’s largest social networking site Facebook is pleased to announce its Fully Funded Facebook Fellowship Program and Emerging Scholars Awards for first or second year Ph.D. students, who are members of a minority group. The award is designed to specifically support talented students from underrepresented minority groups and encourage them to continue their Ph.D. studies