SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
The Daniel B. Goldberg Scholarship in Accounting
The Daniel B. Goldberg Scholarship is available for award to a full-time graduate student who is pursuing an advanced degree and is preparing for a career in state and local government finance.
Closing dAte for AppliCAtions: February 10, 2017
AwArd AnnounCement: April 21, 2017
eligibility requirements: –
Currently a full-time student in a graduate program that prepares students for careers in state and local government finance and expecting to be enrolled in the spring 2017 semester (including spring 2017 graduates).
- – Baccalaureate degree or its equivalent.
- – Citizen or permanent resident of the United States or Canada.
- – Recommendation by your academic advisor or the dean of the graduate program.
- – Student has not been a past winner of a scholarship program administered by the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada
CriteriA for sCholArship AwArd:
- – Statement of proposed career plan in state and local government finance and proposed plan of graduate study.
- – Plans to pursue a career in state or local government finance.
- – Past academic record and work experience.
- – Strength of past coursework and present plan of study, as it relates to a career in the public sector. – Letters of recommendation from your academic advisor, the dean of the graduate program, and others.
- – Undergraduate and graduate grade point averages.
Applicants must submit the following documents for consideration by the scholarship selection committee:
- – Application form.
- – Statement of proposed career plan in state and local government finance and plan of graduate study.
- – Undergraduate and graduate grade transcripts.
- – Résumé.
- – Academic advisor’s or dean’s letter of recommendation.
- – Graduate program faculty and other letters of recommendation (optional).
All of the above items are to be submitted by the applicant’s academic advisor or dean in a single envelope, postmarked no later than February 10, 2017, to:
Government Finance Officers Association, Scholarship Committee, 203 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2700, Chicago, Illinois 60601-1210
The Government Finance Officers Association’s Scholarship Committee will review all applications and make an award if it determines that one of the candidates has met all of the criteria.
Applicants will be notified in writing on or before April 21, 2017, of the committee’s final decision. The winner, if one is selected, will be invited to attend the Government Finance Officers Association’s annual conference in Denver,Colorado May 21-24, 2017. where the award will be presented.
The winner will receive a complimentary annual conference registration, transportation costs to Denver, and hotel accommodations that will be arranged by Government Finance Officers Association. For additional information, e-mail Robert Kotchen at the Government Finance Officers Association, [email protected], or call 312/977-9700.