Thai-Swedish Trilateral Fellowship Programme, 2017
Applications are being accepted for Thai-Swedish Trilateral Fellowship Programme. Under this programme, up to three (3) fellowships will be awarded each year to postgraduate students from Bangladesh, Nepal, and CLMV to pursue their PhD studies in Thailand and Sweden.
This joint Doctoral Fellowship Programme is a joint collaboration between Sweden and Thailand aiming at supporting interested students in the scientific fields of Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, and Biology.
Thai-Swedish Trilateral fellowship Programme is co–sponsored by the Thailand International Cooperation Agency (TICA), the Thailand Research Fund (TRF) (under the Royal Golden Jubilee PhD. Program), and the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) (managed by the International Science Programme (ISP), Uppsala University).
Applicant must be fluent in written and verbal English as courses are conducted in English.
Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue doctoral studies in Thailand and Sweden.
Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in the field of Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, and Biology.
- While studying in Thailand, each participant will receive a monthly allowance of 7,000 baht to cover meals, local transportation and other personal expenses. Accommodation and other expenses, such as health insurance, educational and research expenses, educational materials, field trips, and thesis preparation, will be provided for as per the regulations of the Royal Thai Government. It is suggested that each participant bring some pocket money to cover the initial expenses before the allowance is paid.
- While studying in Sweden, each participant will receive a health insurance, exemption of fee for the residence permit, and a monthly subsistence allowance covering personal expenses and accommodation.
Number of Scholarships: Up to three (3) fellowships may be awarded each year to postgraduate students from Bangladesh, Nepal, and CLMV to pursue their PhD studies in Thailand and Sweden.
Scholarship can be taken in Thailand and Sweden
Eligibility: This programme is open to the public and private personnel as well as university graduates from all academic disciplines in the field of Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, and Biology in particular regarding studies contributing to the development objectives of the applicant’s country. An applicant must:
- Be a citizen from one of 6 eligible countries, namely the Kingdom of Cambodia, the Lao People’s Democratic Republic, the Union of Myanmar, the Socialist Republic of Vietnam (CLMV); the People’s Republic of Bangladesh, or the Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal.
- Be under 40 years of age;
- Fulfil the qualifications required by TRF
- Be fluent in written and verbal English as courses are conducted in English;
- Be in good health, both physically and mentally, as they are required to stay throughout the course;
- Meet the required qualifications specified for the programme;
- Be prepared for at least three years for a study leave as required for a successful candidate
Nationality: Students from Bangladesh, Nepal, and CLMV countries (Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, and Vietnam) are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: The interested applicants should have the following qualifications:
- A master’s degree in a discipline related to the proposed doctoral study with a GPA of not less than 3.5 (from a total of 4.0) or equivalent from an institution of higher education recognised by TRF, and
- A bachelor’s degree with a GPA of not less than 3.0 (from a total of 4.0) or equivalent from an institution of higher education recognised by TRF;
- Research publication(s) or oral/poster presentation(s) at a scientific meeting with English abstract(s) will be given a priority;
- Appropriate background to undertake the proposal he/she has outlined.
English Language Requirement: Applicant must be fluent in written and verbal English as courses are conducted in English.
applicant should submit three (3) copies of completed application form together with proposed research plan and relevant documents listed in the attached checklist to the Royal Thai Embassy or Royal Thai Consulate in their respective countries. The detailed guidelines for application are as follows;
- For the government officer: must get approval from their organisations prior to submitting their application through the designated focal point agency for development cooperation in their respective countries;
- For the non-government officer: must get approval from their organisations prior to submitting their application directly to the Royal Thai Embassy or Royal Thai Consulate in their respective countries
- For the students who are currently studying in Thai Universities: must get permission from their organisations to continue study for the doctoral degree prior to submitting their applications directly to the Royal Thai Embassy or Royal Thai Consulate in their respective countries.
Application Deadline: Contact Employer