The Tennessee Hope Scholarships have helped thousands of students afford a university education. These prizes are awarded by the state government and support students who live in TN. Different scholarship amounts may vary depending on whether the candidate wishes to apply for a two- or four-year program.
In order to qualify for this scholarship, students must meet various eligibility criteria.
- Initially, only candidates who have completed a gym in TN can be considered.
- In addition, the applicant must attend a university or college in the state of TN.
- Students may attend a public or private institution if it is a public school.
- All applicants must complete the FAFSA by September 1st. Students must have at least 21 points on their ACT exams and an average of at least 3.0.
- In addition, students must have spent at least one year in TN before being able to claim the prize.
About Tennessee HOPE Scholarship
The Tennessee HOPE Scholarship is a state program, administered through the Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation, established to provide merit-based aid to Tennessee residents who are enrolled in one of the Tennessee public colleges, universities, or private colleges. Home-schooled students, or those who have passed the GED examination, are eligible for consideration.
The HOPE Scholarship is established and funded from the net proceeds of the state lottery and awarded to entering freshmen who are enrolled at an eligible postsecondary institution within sixteen (16) months after graduating from a TN eligible high school.
Worth of Tennessee Hope Scholarships
The exact amount of the scholarship varies depending on the type of college that the student wishes to attend. For example, students enrolled in a two-year college for the first two years of their studies can earn up to $1,500 to cover tuition fees.
Students wishing to attend a four-year institution (or a two-year institution where they reside on campus) have a slightly different fee structure. For these students, a prize of up to $1,750 is available during the first two years of the program.
In the last two years of their program, the maximum price has been raised to $2,250. This amount only reflects the offer for students interested in full-time education.
The financing of the HOPE grant will be suspended under certain conditions. The first is when the applicant has reached the maximum five-year registration period.
Secondly, as soon as a student has a bachelor’s degree, he can no longer be supported by this procedure. In addition, students who have reached 120 hours can not receive additional funding.
Eligibility of HOPE Scholarship
There is also a HOPE scholarship for non-traditional students. Generally, students residing in TN who have not been registered for at least two years are eligible.
To meet non-traditional requirements, all applicants must be at least 25 years old.
In addition, the student must come from a home where income is less than $36,000 a year.
TN Hope Scholarships may be renewed provided that students retain eligibility. In order to extend these bonuses, students must have at least 2.75 on average after reaching milestones of 24 and 48 hours.
We have other great scholarship opportunities that might be of help to your search
- University of Kentucky Scholarships 2019-2020
- American Legion Scholarships 2019-2020
- Rutgers Scholarships 2019-2020
- Duke University Scholarships 2019-2020
- Howard University Scholarships 2019-2020 | APPLY
- University of Michigan Scholarships 2019-2020
- The Ben Carson Scholarships 2019-2020 | UPDATED
- Susan Buffett Scholarships 2019-2020
- University of Tennessee Scholarship 2019-2020
- Cornelius Vanderbilt Scholarships 2019-2020
- Washington State University Scholarships 2019-2020
We hope this writing provided your scholarship necessities. Please share with your friends and leave your question or response on the comment box for us to serve you better.