Funded TEG Training Fellowship 2019-2020
Launched in 2005, the TEG Training Fellowship Scheme is a key element of TEG’s investment in the capacity development strategy.
The scheme will allow promising research students from sub-Saharan Africa to complete a Master’s degree in Medical Statistics at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine(LSHTM), followed by one year as a statistician at one of their partner centers in Africa. In addition, fellows continue to benefit from mentoring, supervision, and support throughout their internship with their group members.
In addition, there are three fellowships funded by the Uk Medical Research Council (MRC), GSK and LSHTM to support a two-year course in medical statistics.
Also, successful students will complete a master’s degree in medical statistics for the first-year at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM). This is followed by a one-year internship in one of the African Centers of the Research Program of the Tropical Epidemiology Group (TEG) of the MRC at the LSHTM. During professional attachment, the Fellows will develop their statistical and research skills by working on studies with the help of TEG scientists.
Level/Field of Study
The TEG FEllowship 2019 is open to students who are pursuing a Master’s degree in Medical Statistics.
The TEG Training Fellowship is organized by the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM), UK.
Application for the TEG Training Fellowship 2019 is open to students who are residents of sub-Saharan Africa.
The following are the benefits earned from the TEG Training Fellowship program:
- The aim of this initiative is to promote excellence in medical statistics and epidemiology in sub-Saharan Africa.
- The scholarship also includes tuition, stipend (£16,400 per year) and return flight.
In order to participate in the TEG Training Fellowship 2019, the candidate must:
- Be a resident and national of a country in sub-Saharan Africa.
- In addition, have an excellent degree in mathematics, statistics or a related field.
- Have at least one year of work experience in the field of medical statistics or epidemiology
How to Apply
- Applicants must complete their application through the online portal, which you can access below:
- Please note that a CV, a transcript and a personal statement must be uploaded with the application. Applicants can get the form for the personal statement below:
All applications for the TEG Fellowship should be submitted on or before 26 April 2019.
For more information on the TEG Fellowship 2019, interested applicants can visit the official website through the link provided below:
Contact the Organizers:
Applicants can also contact the organizers by sending an email to [email protected]