TechGirls program helps to connect and also supports the next generation of women leaders in science, engineering, technology and mathematics by providing them the right platform to pursue their dreams.
Since 2012, TechGirls program has trained and mentored over 183 teenage girls (ages 15-17) from Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestinian Territories, Tunisia, and Yemen.
About the Program
TechGirls participate in an interactive technology and computer camp (with US Girls), join a tech company for a day of job shadowing, and participate in community service initiatives.
There is a TechGirls multiplier effect – inspiring others in their local community to pursue Stem.
TechGirls program is packed with skill-development workshops and interactions with America’s most innovative tech professionals as well as 45 hours of study at a Tech Camp with our partner the Center for Enhancement in Engineering Diversity at Virginia Tech.
The TechGirls program offers a rich cultural immersion experience, improves the participants’ ability to enter tech fields and encourages them to pursue higher education in fields where women are largely under-represented.
TechGirls is an initiative of the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs.
The Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs’ (ECA) mission is to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries by means of educational and cultural exchange that assist in the development of peaceful relations.
NOTE: Our Scholarship Award Winning Ebook (worth $50) is up for grab, if you’re reading this article, you stand a chance to win one of our Scholarship Ebook. Read through for eligibility on how to get our scholarship ebook for free.
World Scholarship Forum popular searched Scholarships 2019
- 2019/2020 Fully Funded Scholarships
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships 2019-2020
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries 2019-2020
- Scholarships For Developing Countries 2019-2020
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS 2019-2020
- List of Top 10 Mechanical Engineering Colleges in the World 2019
Don’t miss any of these Scholarship opportunities. You can open any of these opportunities on a new tab.
Eligibility and Requirements
All female students are invited to apply for this year’s TechGirls program. Exchange activities include a technology camp with American peers, site visits in Washington, D.C. and Blacksburg, VA, leadership workshops, community service opportunities, a day of job shadowing, and a weekend homestay with American families.
Participants will create action plans for community-based projects to implement upon their return to their home communities.
Through interactive activities, participants will work towards the development of a tangible product(s) that they may design together in small teams or individually, depending on participant interests and preferences.
he camp will be complemented by additional activities in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area and Southwest Virginia, such as mentoring experiences, job shadowing, site visits to technology companies, community service activities, cultural and recreational activities, and a weekend homestay.
The program will conclude with a visit to the State Department to allow participants to debrief State representatives on their exchange experiences and individual or team projects.
The program is administered by Legacy International.
To apply for this program you must:
- Be Female, between the ages of 15 and 17;
- Have advanced skills and a serious interest in technology, engineering, and/or math in your academic studies;
- Intend to pursue higher education and/or careers in technology;
- Have strong English language skills;
- Exhibit maturity, flexibility, and open-mindedness;
- Have at least one additional semester of secondary school upon your return to Lebanon; and
- Be willing to complete a follow-on project upon their return home.
Please fill out the Word document application form (145 KB) or PDF document application form (413 KB) as completely as possible – Application form and references should be typed. The information you feed in this application will provide the basis for selecting semi-finalists for this program. Answer the questions carefully and completely.
E-mail the application to [email protected] with the subject line “2019 TechGirls Program” by March 4, 2019.
WE DULY RECOMMEND
- 25 Undergraduate Scholarships for Social Science Students
- 2018 Abuja Global Shapers/Selfless4Africa Emerging Leaders Program
- Chief Minister FEF Scholarship in China 2019 | Fully Funded
- UNITED STATES-SOUTH PACIFIC (USSP) SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM 2018
- $5,000 Frame My Future Scholarship 2019-2020 | Apply Now
- Edufrica Scholarships for African Students in Africa and Overseas, 2019
- Top 37 World Universities with the best infrastructure in 2018
- 20+ Masters Scholarship for Central African Republic Students to Study Abroad 2019
- 2018 Wolson Center Ion Ratiu Democracy Fellowship
- 15 Best Colleges for Computer Science in India.