Taylor University scholarship is one of the best scholarships that will help you in your pursuit as an undergraduate student. The scholarship for intending Indiana University students who are pursuing their undergraduate study.
What to know about Taylor University scholarship
Taylor University Scholarship is a vibrant community scholarship offered by Taylor University to students. Taylor University is a four year private not for profit institution established in 1846. It is located at 236 W Reade Ave Upland, Indiana about 90 minutes north of Indianapolis in a rural campus size of 250 acres. Taylor University Tuition fee is not high.
The school is affiliated with the Interdenominational faith which makes it an evangelical Christian college. It utilizes a 4-1-4-based academic calendar. Taylor University’s ranking in the 2019 edition of Best Colleges is Regional Colleges Midwest, 1. Ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of the region’s top three colleges in the Midwest for over two decades, Taylor is recognized for its exceptional academics and high graduation rates. Students attending this school may pursue both undergraduate and graduate degrees.
Taylor University has a total undergraduate enrolment of 2,170 with 1,865 full-time enrolment and 305 part-timers. Taylor University also creates a vibrant community of scholarship and Christian faith characterized by the integration of faith and learning, discipleship community, and global engagement.
Taylor University majors in outstanding programs in engineering, computer science, biology, business, theater, and film.
The most popular majors at Taylor University are Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services; Parks, Recreation, Leisure, and Fitness Studies; Education; Psychology; and Visual and Performing Arts. At Taylor University, 89 percent of the students live in college-affiliated housing and 11 percent of students live off campus.
Taylor University majors also in scientific research, using state-of-the-art technology, and successfully compete on math, business, and ethics bowl teams and Taylor University Students can participate in them.
Taylor’s commitment to the arts is reflected in its award-winning music ensembles, theatre performances, and on-going art exhibits. taylor university students examine a broad range of ideas through an interdisciplinary liberal arts curriculum employing the lens of a Christian worldview.
Taylor’s academic programs lead to top-notch internships, outstanding job placement, and entrance to nationally-ranked graduate schools. Last year, over 510 Taylor students traveled to over 35 countries for study abroad experiences and mission trips.
Taylor University champions whole-person education through its distinctive student development programs, collegiate and intramural athletics, leadership development initiatives, and events integrating faith and culture.
Within the schools are about 25 different departments encompassing a range of academic subjects such as music, history and earth and environmental sciences.
Taylor University scholarship is provided by Taylor University.
Taylor University scholarship is specially designed for Indiana students who are interested their undergraduate programs.
Taylor university tuition is $32,640 plus additional school charges of $245 and other miscellaneous fees, bringing the total effective in-state tuition to $34,110. The 2019 graduate school tuition & fees are $11,951.
Cost Of Living
On-campus room and board are provided by the school at a cost of $9,614 per academic year. Taylor University students elected to live off campus elsewhere in Upland should budget at least this amount. If living on-campus, Taylor University students should budget $2,200 for additional living expenses.
While Off-campus students should budget about $2,200 in other miscellaneous living expenses. Depending on many factors including student and parent income and assets, the total cost of attendance [annual tuition and living expense] budget to attend Taylor University is estimated to be $45,330.
The cost is the same for all students regardless of Indiana residence status as there is no in-state discount.
Taylor university scholarship is more selective. When applying for Taylor University, the scholarship is within the acceptance rate of 87 percent.
Taylor University Scholarship worth up to $19,706 which is been received by 62 percent of full-time undergraduates as some kind of need-based financial aid. Taylor university scholarship is based on category: with different Taylor university tuition fees.
- The sum of $6,000-$15,000 for President, Dean, Faculty, and Trustee Scholarships
- The total sum of $15,000 for an Academic Merit Award
- The sum of $4,000 – $8,000 for Class Merit Awards
- $10,000 for the Transfer Scholarship category
Who are eligible to enroll in Taylor University Scholarships?
- The following scholarships are available to Taylor University students. For information about department-specific scholarships, contact your department head. Other requirements include;
- SAT score is calculated by combining the Reading and Math portions of the test and is based on the post-Fall 2015 test version (use a conversion tool to convert scores). The scholarship is renewable each year with a 3.0 Taylor GPA for president, Dean, Faculty and Trustee Scholarships.
- For an Academic Merit Award, the applicants must be a National Merit Finalist. This award replaces the President, Dean, Faculty, or Trustee Scholarship.
- Applicant must be a current Taylor student. Award is given to sophomores through seniors who are not President, Dean, Faculty, Trustee, or Director Scholarship recipients and have a 3.5+ cumulative GPA.
- For Transfer Students category, applicants must be a transfer student who has taken at least one year of college credit after high school and have a college GPA of 3.0. This academic scholarship is awarded in lieu of other academic scholarships.
Other scholarships include
Most students who apply to Taylor are actively committed to specific communities which could be academic or extra-curricular school or local organizations, church groups, or focused on an area of social justice.
We are looking for community scholars who are active now and will continue to add to our Taylor community by bringing their passion to campus and continuing in areas of service.
To apply for the Community Scholarship, applicants have to Identify a specific opportunity where they are involved, ways in which they participate, explaining their motivation and ways they hope to continue using their gifts, talents, and interest during their college career. In a Minimum of 400 and maximum of a 700-word essay.
Amount: Up to $3,000
Eligibility: Must apply to Taylor by December 1 their senior year of high school. Taylor must receive all supporting documents—SAT/ACT/CLT scores, high school transcript, Christian Character Reference—by December 10.
International Student Scholarship
Amount: Up to $10,000
Eligibility: Must be accepted to Taylor and demonstrate cultural diversity. Must be a non-U.S. citizen.
Alspaugh-Hodson Family Scholarship
Amount: Starting at $7,000
Eligibility: Must be an Indiana resident, full-time student majoring in Education, eligible for need-based aid, and have a personal relationship with Christ.
Application Deadline: February 15
Reynolds Memorial Scholarship
Amount: Up to $9,000
Eligibility: Must be an Indiana resident, full-time student pursuing a business degree, eligible for need-based aid, and have a personal relationship with Christ.
How can I apply for Taylor University Scholarship?
To apply for any of these scholarships, interested students should visit the school’s official website is at http://www.taylor.edu.
Application Deadline: Application Deadline: it’s important to note the application deadline is 1st June 2019.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND:
- Florida Polytechnic University Tuition: Scholarships and Costs of Living
- Kristianstad University Scholarship for International students
- Business Plan Writing Contest Program
- West Virginia (WV) Promise Scholarship
- CSSS 2015 1st Renewal Central Sector Scheme Scholarship: Central Board of Secondary Education
- Ned McWherter Scholarship for USA High School Graduates
- JIM OVIA Foundation Leaders Scholarships for African Undergraduates
- Top 10 Switzerland Scholarships for International Student (HOT)
- Vincennes University Tuition: Scholarships and Costs Of Living
Taylor University Scholarship is a vibrant community scholarship offered by Taylor University to students. Taylor University is a four year private not for profit institution established in 1846.