Take Stock in Children Scholarship Program 2020 offer students college scholarships, caring volunteer mentors and hope for a better life. Their comprehensive services start in middle school, continue through high school and include their transition into college.
Take Stock in Children Scholarship Program 2020
TSIC of Florida was established in 1995 as a non-profit organization in Florida that provides a unique opportunity for deserving low-income youth/students, many from minority families, to escape the cycle of poverty through education.
Students who meet these requirements may apply online during open application periods. After preliminary application screenings, the highest scoring students will be selected for an interview with Foundation staff, community volunteers, and HEF Board Members. Students who are deemed promising candidates for the program will be invited to become a Take Stock in Children Scholar.
Each child selected for the TSIC app receives four-year college tuition or vocational Scholarship purchased from the Florida Prepaid Tuition Program. This scholarship is in the shape of a 2+2 student, which entitles the student to two years of tuition in a community college and 2 years at a university.
The student will get his/her scholarship when he’s fulfilled the stipulations of the contract she or he signed when registering in the Scholarship and also if he’s graduated out of senior high school.
Level/Field of Study
Take Stock in Children Scholarship Program 2020 Covers High School and college courses.
Take Stock in Children/doorway Scholarship is hosted by the Take Stock in Children-Duval County and is to be taken in Florida.
If you are an international student seeking scholarships to study in the United State of America, you can find such on Study in the USA category. You can also check out other Study Abroad scholarships available for you irrespective of where you are coming from
Take Stock in Children Scholarship Program 2020 is opened to students who live in Florida.
Take Stock in Children Scholarship Program 2020 is worth $5000
TSIC scholarship covers tuition only and does not include room, board, books, fees, travel, and other expenses. The scholar is required to apply for additional aid to help pay for costs not covered by the TSiC FPP scholarship.
Approximately 100 awards given yearly. This range of awards offered fluctuates yearly depending on the range of applicants in each county.
Eligibility for Take Stock in Children Scholarship
These Scholarships are only available to students who meet standard criteria set by Florida’s Take Stock in Children Program.
- Currently in 8th-9th grades
- Currently enrolled in a Hillsborough County Public School
- Qualify for free or reduced school lunch
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5
The Take Stock in Children/doorway Scholarship is bound by these rules and obligations. Failure to comply may result in a forfeiture of scholarship credits.
- The scholar must begin using your scholarship credits within 1 year of high school graduation.
- Scholar has five years to complete using scholarship credits.
- The scholar must complete the FPP annual survey each year here: https://www.floridaprepaidcollegefoundation.com/survey/
- The scholar must complete the Take Stock in Children Annual Student Survey each year.
- The scholar must turn in a copy of unofficial transcript each year.
Each year, after completing the FPP annual survey, the scholar will receive an updated scholarship card and must contact his or her Student Advocate to receive the most current card.
Take Stock in Children/doorway scholarship is an extensive program which aids low-income kids to succeed by providing college and vocational scholarships, volunteer teachers, student advocates/case managers, schooling, early intervention and long-term aid, high standards, civic participation, and community service.
How To Apply
Applicants who are interested in TSIC Scholarship 2020 should kindly visit the Application Link for application procedures
Take Stock in Children Scholarships 2020 Application Deadline
TSIC Scholarship 2020 Application Opens December 1st 2019
Program information can be found in the Take Stock in Children (TSIC) websites. To be qualified for participation at the TSIC program, students must be in the sixth through ninth grades, demonstrate
We recommend other scholarship opportunities.
- Yazd University Scholarship [Updated]
- Koch scholarship for Undergraduate Students
- Fully Funded: TEX Fellowship in Vancouver, Canada
- 75+ Scholarships in Sweden for International Students
- Ledcor Undergraduate Scholarships in Construction Engineering and Management in University of Alberta
- List of Fully Funded PhD Programs – APPLY NOW
- ANU Jean Monnet Geographical Visiting Fellowship in Australia
- iTransplant AOC: What You Need to Know
- National Geographic/Buffett Grant Awards for Leadership in Conservation in Washington
- Fully Funded Irish Aid Fellowship Training for Tanzanian Students
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, Leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. if no, leave an on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Take Stock in Children Scholarship Program 2019 offer students college scholarships, caring volunteer mentors and hope for a better life.