Do you have ambition, leadership experience, and a strong professional background? You could study for a master’s degree in Sweden on a fully-funded Swedish Institute scholarship. Find out if you can apply.
Scholars from developing countries are invited to apply for the Swedish Institute Study Scholarships for Developing Countries 2020. Through SISS, they will grant about 180 scholarships for higher education in Sweden. The scholarships will be available for full-time master’s studies in Sweden starting in the autumn semester 2018. Usually, 1-2 % of the applicants can be awarded an SISS scholarship.
In the application, all applicants must ensure that they have complied with the eligibility criteria to the later to avoid disqualification.
The scholarships are available for Full-time Master’s level studies to study the subjects offered by the universities. If you wish to explore more information on Masters Scholarships, click on the link.
The scholarship is hosted by Sweden. If you are an international student and you wish to access a Swedish scholarship, check out the list of Swedish Scholarships.
Scholarship is open to international students especially from developing and transition countries. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
- The scholarship covers both tuition fees (paid directly to the Swedish university/university college by the Swedish Institute) and living expenses to the amount of SEK 9,000 per month.
- There are no additional grants for family members. The scholarship period cannot be altered or extended beyond the study programme period, nor can the scholarship be transferred to a study programme other than the awarded one.
- Scholarship holders from countries on the DAC list of ODA recipients receive a travel grant in connection with their scholarship. The travel grant is a one-time payment of SEK 15,000.
- Scholarship holders are insured by the Swedish State Group Insurance and Personal Insurance against illness and accident during the scholarship period.
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders (NFGL)
– a platform to grow your network and experience, while in Sweden
- Membership of the SI Alumni Network after your scholarship period – a platform for further professional development and to stay in touch
The scholarship does not cover:
- Additional grants for family members.
- Application fee to University Admissions.
The programme is open to three different categories of countries. Approximately 100 scholarships within each category will be available.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- The Swedish Institute Study Scholarships for Developing Countries (SISS) aims at diversity. Institute welcomes applicants regardless of age, gender or religious beliefs.
- Applicants must come from an SISS-eligible country and show proof of work and leadership experience.
- Scholarships will only be granted to candidates who have followed the steps of the university admission and been admitted to one of the eligible master programmes in Sweden.
- Citizens of Albania, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Georgia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Russia, Serbia, Turkey, and Ukraine cannot apply within this programme but are instead eligible within other SI scholarship programmes.
- To begin with, apply for up to four master’s programmes at universityadmissions.se, between 16 October 2020 – 15 January 2020. About 550 master’s programmes taught in English will be eligible for SISS. They will publish a list of eligible master’s programmes for the academic year 2020/2021 here by 1 December 2020
- Apply for an SI scholarship after you have completed your application to master’s programme(s). See more information about the required documents and templates below.
- During the application period, submit the required documents digitally through our online application portal.
- The online application portal is open from 2 February 2020. Link to the online application portal will be available on this page during the application period.
Regarding the university application, you must also:
- be required to pay the tuition fee according to the information at University Admissions. Kindly contact University Admissions directly regarding questions related to application and tuition fee.
- have paid the application fee for master’s programmes at University Admissions on time before 1 February 2020.
- be admitted (including conditionally admitted) to one of the eligible master’s programmes by 6 April 2020. If you are listed as a reserve, you will not be considered for an SI scholarship. There are no scholarships available for late admissions. We will publish a list of eligible master’s programmes for the academic year 2020/2021 here by 1 December 2020.
Due to the high volume of applications, the online application portal may be under heavy pressure at the end of the application period. We strongly urge all applicants not to wait until the last minute to apply.
Citizens of South Africa should apply within the Swedish Institute Study Scholarships for South Africa.
Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
It is important to read the application procedure and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Currently, this scholarship is unavailable but we shall keep you posted on the new date
We have other great scholarship opportunities that might be of help to your search
- World Bank Scholarships for Developing Countries 2020
- Benjamin A.Gilman International Scholarship For US Students 2020
- Yenching Social innovation Forum 2020
- Paradigm Challenge Scholarship Contest 2020
- Commonwealth Professional Fellowships 2020 [UPDATED]
- GREAT International PhD Scholarships for Chinese Students
- $5,000 Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) Engineering Fellowship 2020
- KidGuard for Education Essay Scholarship 2020
- Boston College Scholarships 2020 | International & State
We hope this writing provided your scholarship necessities. Please share with your friends and leave your question or response on the comment box for us to serve you better.