Applications are invited for the Swansea University Science Scholarships for Indian Students for September 2017 entry. Each scholarship is to be offset against international tuition fees. Scholarships are available to pursue the undergraduate programme.
Swansea University is a public research university located in Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom. It was chartered as University College of Swansea in 1920, as the fourth college of the University of Wales and in 1948 became the first campus university in the UK. In 1996, it changed its name to the University of Wales Swansea following structural changes within the University of Wales.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue the undergraduate programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the following fields:
The following programmes are eligible:
- BSc Biology with Integrated Foundation Year
- BSc Biology
- BSc Biology with Deferred Specialisation
- BSc Marine Biology
- BSc Zoology
- BSc Biology with a Year in Industry
- BSc Marine Biology with a Year in Industry
- BSc Zoology with a Year in Industry
- BSc Chemistry
- BSc Chemistry with a Year in Industry
- MChem Chemistry
- BSc Computer Science with Integrated Foundation Year
- BSc Computer Science
- BSc Software Engineering
- BSc Software Engineering with a Year in Industry
- BSc Computer Science with a Year in Industry
- MEng Computing
- MSci Computer Science
- MEng Computing with a Year in Industry
- MSci Computer Science with a Year in Industry
- BSc Geography with Integrated Foundation Year
- BA Geography
- BSc Geography
- BA Human Geography
- BSc Physical Geography
- BSc Physical Earth Science
- BSc Geography with Geo-Informatics
- BSc Geography with a Year in Industry
- BA Geography with a Year in Industry
- BA Human Geography with a Year in Industry
- BSc Physical Earth Science with a Year in Industry
- BSc Physical Geography with a Year in Industry
- BSc Mathematics with Integrated Foundation Year
- BSc Mathematics
- BSc Applied Mathematics
- BSc Pure Mathematics
- BSc Mathematics for Finance
- BSc Mathematics with a Year in Industry
- BSc Mathematics for Finance with a Year in Industry
- MMath Mathematics
- BSc Physics with Integrated Foundation Year
- BSc Physics
- BSc Physics with a Year Abroad
- BSc Physics with Nanotechnology
- BSc Physics with Particle Physics and Cosmology
- BSc Theoretical Physics
- BSc Theoretical Physics with a Year in Industry
- MPhys Physics
- MPhys Physics with a Year Abroad
- MPhys Theoretical Physics
- MPhys Theoretical Physics with a Year in Industry
- MPhys Physics with a Year in Industry
Scholarship Award: Each scholarship is to be offset against international tuition fees. The value of the scholarships is as follows: £1,000 for undergraduate study. For information about fees, payment instructions, refunds and other policies, please view the Finance pages relating to international students.
Number of Scholarships: Number of scholarships is available.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Scholarships are open to Indian nationals only
- Scholarships will be used to offset tuition fees
- Applicants should hold a minimum of an ABB in A-Levels (or equivalent)
- Applicants should have already applied formally to the University for a place on one of College’s undergraduate programmes. Information regarding the application procedure can be found on the Admissions Office website
- Please note that applicants progressing from ICWS are not eligible to apply for a College of Science International Scholarship
- Applicants must enrol on a course in the College for the first time in September 2017
- Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application by the end of July 2017; successful applicants must confirm acceptance of their scholarship, accept an offer of a place on a course and pay their £2000 deposit
- Scholarship holders are expected to cooperate with the College’s recruitment activities
- If it is deemed necessary for a scholarship holder to suspend their studies, the scholarship will be held and carried forward to the year of resumption of studies and the candidate will be expected to pay their personal contribution on a pro-rata basis
- If in view of the Head of College a scholarship holder’s progress is deemed to be unsatisfactory, the scholarship may be withdrawn. A scholarship may also be withdrawn on grounds of failure to comply with any of the conditions attached to the award. The candidate may be required to repay to the College any award which has been made, either in whole or in part, as determined by the College. If the scholar feels that such a withdrawal is unjustified, s/he may appeal in writing to the Head of College within 15 working days of the date of notification.
- The College of Science reserves the right to make, amend, withdraw, suspend or cancel without notice these and such other Regulations as may be in force from time to time and such decisions shall be final.
Nationality: Indian students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants should hold a minimum of an ABB in A-Levels (or equivalent).
English language Requirements: SWELT is the official English language test for international students wishing to study at Swansea University. The test is designed, administered and marked by English Language Training Services staff and is accepted by Swansea University as an alternative to IELTS as part of applicant’s application for a CAS.
How to Apply: Please return the application for to science-scholarships-at-swansea.ac.uk.
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is July 2, 2017.