How to Apply for Admission And Tuition Fees For Various Universities
With a population of about 50 million people, South Africa is a nice country with various people from around the world with different background, origin, values, and beliefs. Africans make up about 75% of the total population. South Africa has different cultures, religious beliefs, and languages.
About Studying in South Africa
South Africa is one of the best African countries for schooling. Many opportunities to study in South Africa which are now available for both masters and undergraduate to aid the funding of study in South Africa.
South Africa is one of the best study destinations for the maximum number of international students who want to upgrade their education skills. Explore the links below and avail the latest information about how to applying for admission in a South African University.
NOTE: Our Scholarship Award Winning Ebook (worth $50) is up for grab, if you’re reading this article, you stand a chance to win one of our Scholarship Ebook. Read through for eligibility on how to get our scholarship ebook for free.
World Scholarship Forum popular searched Scholarships 2019
- 2019/2020 Fully Funded Scholarships
- ICCR Scholarships 2019-2020
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships 2019-2020
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries 2019-2020
- Scholarships For Developing Countries 2019-2020
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS 2019-2020
Don’t miss any of these Scholarship opportunities. You can open any of these opportunities on a new tab.
WHY STUDY IN SOUTH AFRICA
There are good universities in South Africa trying to meet up with the requirements for students worldwide who want to study in English. Besides, there are about 10 languages from which students can make their choice in order to school in South Africa.
Also, there are good teachers who are world standard as well as the enabling environment to learn.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS REQUIREMENTS
International students who intend to study in South Africa must have the following documents ready before applying for admission;
- Should have a residency permit and a study permit
- Medical aid cover
- Valid international passport
- Transcripts of their results
- A certificate showing fluency in English language
COST OF LIVING
Cost of living is not too high. With about $400 feeding, accommodation, travel, and others can be covered monthly
For an academic year, undergraduates will pay between $2500- $4500 while postgraduates will between $2700- $3000 for their programs
There are two semesters in an academic year. The first semester commences at the beginning of February while the second semester commences July ending.
In terms of applying, postgraduate students can apply throughout the year, although there are differences between departments
For undergraduate students, applications for the first semester are closed in the past year in September while enrollment for the second semester ends in February.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications can be done through admission agents or via the internet. If applying via the internet, the following steps should be done
- Go to the website of the University you have chosen and obtain an application form
- Properly fill the form and upload relevant documents
- When done send it to the University or admission department
- If you are successful you will be sent an offer letter by E-mail or courier
- Thereafter make a request for a visa pack from the University so you can start processing your visa
List top Universities in South Africa
- Durban University of Technology
- Rhodes University
- University Stellenbosch
- University of Cape Town
- University of Fort Hare
- University of Johannesburg
- University of Limpopo
- University of Pretoria
- University of South Africa
- University of Zululand
We have other great scholarship opportunities that might be of help to your search
- South African Tourism Internships Programme, 2019-2020 | UPDATED
- University of Otago Bamforth Postgraduate Scholarship In New Zealand, 2017
- Top 10 Best Universities in South Africa (Latest Ranking)
- $25,000 Buick Achievers Scholarship Program 2019 | UPDATED
- De Beers Bursary in South Africa 2019–2020 | UPDATED
- Study in South Africa : Top 10 Best Universities for Accounting in South Africa
- Study In Croatia: Cost of Living, Visa, Tuition Fees & Top 10 Universities
- Fully Funded Africa Science Leadership Programme in South Africa 2020
- Mazars Bursary in South Africa 2019–2020 | UPDATED
- Study Abroad In Bulgaria: Cost Of Living, Tuition Fees, and Top 10 Universities
- Fully Funded Adelaide Scholarships for International Students 2019
- 12 Steps On How to Apply for Scholarship in Any Country
- 25 Master’s Scholarship in Human Rights in South Africa, 2019
We hope this writing provided your scholarship necessities. Please share with your friends and leave your question or response on the comment box for us to serve you better.
Studying in South Africa can be a rewarding experience. Check the detailed guide on How to Apply for Admission And Tuition Fees For Various SA Universities