Studying in Mexico is one of the best opportunities for those who are affinity towards research and linguistics. Mexico offers many postgraduate courses to accommodate all and sundry.
If you decide to study in Mexico, getting first hand information on tuition, cost of living and top universities will be of great help.
To this end, this article compiles a list of universities in Mexico, how much it costs to study in Mexico, and the cost of living.
Glance through the table of content below to see highlights of what it takes to study in Mexico as compiled by the World Scholarship Forum.
More About Study In Mexico
Higher education in Mexico along with language studies is as famous as the cowboy culture. Beyond this, an individual can also explore the great historical places of the Spanish rule in Mexico. More than 5000 students every year flock to the country for further studies relating to the environment and scientific technologies.
However, the study abroad program in Cuernavaca maintains one of the highest standards of teaching in universities and institutes in the country. The combination of quality instruction and friendly teachers means you are sure to increase your Spanish level at a rate you wouldn’t have believed to be possible.
What do I need to study in Mexico?
To study in Mexico, students need the following documents:
- Passport (must be valid and legible, you only need to upload the page containing your information).
- Academic Transcript or Proof of studies (download and upload this document)
- Recommendation Letter
- Grades average of 80 (Mexican system) or equivalent to 2.9 GPA (American system)
What is the Cost of Living and Tuition in Mexico?
Going for a higher qualification in Mexico would cost an individual around the US $4500-7500. Also if a student wants to pursue study in undergraduate courses than the fees and charges would be around $4000-$6500. Apart from that accommodation charges in Mexico is around $500 after sharing a flat. Whereas it’s $1500 per month to rent an apartment, after which there are extra expenses such as food, traveling, entertainment, health, etc would cost an individual around $300-$600 extra.
READ ALSO: Study Abroad – Preparation and Requirements
Admission procedure for study in Mexico
No previous experience in the Spanish language is required to study abroad in Mexico. As there are very efficient training and teaching of the Spanish language is present in Mexico which will make the student fluent in Spanish reading, writing and speaking skills. Moreover, there is certain eligibility such as a student should be qualified from a recognized university of their respective countries.
Top universities in Mexico
- Some of the best and top universities in Mexico 2015-2016 are
- Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
- Universidad de Guadalajara
- Universidad Autónoma del Estado de México
- Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León
- Universidad de las Américas Puebla
- Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana.
Study in Mexico FAQs
Is Mexico a good place to study?
Mexico is considered to be one of the most affordable places for students to study abroad, thanks to the lower cost for a higher standard of living.
Do I need a visa to study in Mexico?
Yes, every foreigner going to Mexico must apply for a visa. Visitor Student Visa’s is for international students to study in Mexico for no longer than 180 days.
It is important to find out the type of visa you need to study in Mexico.
Is university free in Mexico?
Mexican citizens may attend public universities and technological institutes for free. International students should expect to pay as high as $US 150 per semester as tuition.
Attending a private university in Mexico may skyrocket the fee to about 20,000 or more per year. T
- Study In Mexico: List of Undergraduate and Graduate Scholarships for International Students 2020
- The Two Most Recognised Spanish Language Proficiency Tests: DELE & CELU
- List of all International Scholarships to Study in the US 2020
- Study in Australia: University Of Melbourne Human Rights Scholarship For International Students
- Study In Finland: the University of Helsinki Ranking, Tuition, and Admission Requirements
- Study in Asia: List Of All International Scholarships to Study in Asia
- Study in Italy: the University of Milan Ranking, Fees and Admission
- Study In Canada: University Of Alberta Doctoral Recruitment Scholarships
- TOP 10 LOW TUITION UNIVERSITIES IN MEXICO
- Comprehensive list of Low Tuition Universities in Venezuela for International Students