The Robert A. and Sandra S. Borns Jewish Studies Program at Indiana University is pleased to announce the Study in Israel Overseas Study Presidential Match Scholarships for Fall 2017 and the 2017-18 academic year. These scholarships may be used to support Indiana University Bloomington undergraduate students who study through IU Overseas Study at the Rothberg International School at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem (deadline: Feb. 6) or at Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Tel Aviv University, or the University of Haifa (deadline: March 6).
Scholarship Amounts: Scholarships will range from $500 to $10,000. Students will automatically be considered for all scholarships.
• Any full-time Indiana University Bloomington undergraduate
• 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher
• Studying in Fall 2017 or the 2017-2018 academic year at the Rothberg International School at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem through IU Overseas Study, at Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, at Tel Aviv University, or at the University of Haifa.
• Students applying to external program (i.e., Nachshon) are eligible to apply.
Selection Criteria: Preference is given to students studying at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem through IU Overseas Study.
Awards will be competitive and based on academic achievement, financial need, and duration of study abroad.
• For students applying through IU Overseas Study to the Rothberg International School at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem: please apply by Feb. 6 through IU Overseas Study by selecting “yes” to being considered for the Presidential Match Scholarship.
• For students applying directly to Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Tel Aviv University, or the University of Haifa: Complete the application form and have two professors or AIs complete the recommendation forms by March 6. Applications may be e-mailed ([email protected]), FAXed (812 855-4314), mailed, or hand delivered to: Israel Scholarships, Borns Jewish Studies Program, Indiana University, Global & International Studies Building, 355 N. Jordan Avenue, GISB-4 East 4023, Bloomington, IN 47405-1105. Recommenders can also submit via e-mail, FAX, mail, or hand delivery.
• Questions: Email [email protected] or call (812) 855-0453.
Scholarships to be awarded may include:
Harry A. Alpert, J.D. and Jeanette Solotken Alpert Overseas Study Scholarship
Irving and Sylvia Borns Fund for Overseas Study Scholarship
David and Amy Cook Overseas Study Scholarship
Fredric M. and Esther G. Fogle Fund for Overseas Study in Israel
Karl and Rosey Krakovitz Overseas Study Scholarship
Andrew C. and Jane A. Mallor Overseas Study Scholarship
Louis L. and Sybil S. Mervis Overseas Study Scholarship
Jeffrey B. and Ilene S. New Overseas Study Scholarship
Marilyn R. Shevitz Overseas Study Scholarship
David and Sylvia Zabinsky Overseas Study Scholarship
These scholarships are made possible by generous donors:
Barbara and Joe Alpert, Sandra and Bob Borns, The David M. Cook Foundation, Esther Fogle, Rosey Krakovitz,
Jane and Andy Mallor, Sybil and Lou Mervis, Ilene and Jeff New, and Leona and Reuben Shevitz.