Middlesex University is one of London’s Public University in Hendon UK. The Middlesex University is amongst the university that was created in 1992 by the British Government. The name was drawn from the Boundary Location of the Country called Middlesex.
The major history of the Middlesex University can be long traced to St. Katherine’s College back in 1878. This college was established in Tottenham as one of the Teachers Training Colleges in UK for Women alone. The College has undergone so many Mergers with institutions to what we can call today, The Middlesex University in 1992.
The University can boast of more than statistics from other Middlesex University campuses around the world. These Campuses are located in Dubai, Malta, Mauritius as well as liaison offices across the world.
In 2012, the university re-structured its academic schools to faculties to align them more closely with the needs of the industry. Courses are delivered by the Faculty of Science and Technology, Faculty of Professional and Social Sciences, and the Faculty of the Arts and Creative Industries.
Official school website: www.mdx.ac.uk
Study in Middlesex Address
Middlesex University Hendon Campus The Burroughs London NW 4 4 BT
London, United Kingdom
Study in Middlesex Contact
Tel: +44 (20) 8411 5555
Fax: +44 (20) 8411 5649
Study in Middlesex Admission:
Entry requirements for undergraduates: applicants must possess a high school diploma with a minimum Grade Point Average of 3.2 and SAT scores of 550 on each part or ACT composite score of 23.
OR applicants must possess a high school diploma with a minimum Grade Point Average of 3.2 and scores of 3+ on at least two advanced placement exams. OR international Baccalaureate diploma and SAT scores of 550 on each part or ACT composite score of 23.
OR one year of college or university level study with minimum Grade Point Average of 2.8 OR professional diploma from a technical school (two years of post secondary in a specialized field of study.) The applicant must provide proof of English language proficiency.
Entry requirements for post-graduate students: applicants must have completed a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study from an accredited university or college with a Grade Point Average of 3.0 or higher.
However, specific courses may have their individual entry requirements. The applicant must provide proof of English language proficiency. The applicant must also make it in the interview, portfolio and auditions.
For more information about applications for international applicants, please visit the school website or follow the direct link to be automatically redirected: www.mdx.ac.uk/study-with-us/international/entry-requirements-for-international-students
Study in Middlesex Tuition
Full time Undergraduate courses: 9 250 euros per year and 27 750 for the three years of study
Part time undergraduate courses: 77 euros per taught credit for all programmes. Full undergraduate programmes consists of about 360 credits.
For enquiries, please call: +44 (0) 8411 6400
Full time postgraduate courses: the fees depend on the course and can be accessed at www.mdx.ac.uk/courses/postgraduate
Part time postgraduate courses: the fees depend on the course and can be accessed at www.mdx.ac.uk/study-with-us/fees-and-funding/postgraduate-finance
Study in Middlesex Acceptance Rate
Middlesex University has an acceptance rate of 57% of applications per year. The University is Quite Unique with this figure. 57% shows that almost 6 out of every 10 Applicants get Admissions into Middlesex University.
Study in Middlesex Courses
- Art and design courses:
- Fine art
- Graphic design
- Product design
- Business courses:
- Accounting and finance
- Business and management
- Human resource management
- Tourism and hospitality
- Computer sciences, engineering and Maths courses:
- Computer and communications engineering
- Computer science and informatics
- Design engineering
- Engineering project management
- Construction and architecture courses:
- Architecture and construction
- Construction professional practice
- Creative writing and media courses
- English and creative writing
- Creative media and journalism
- Interpreting and translation
- Education studies courses:
- Early childhood studies
- Education studies
- Teacher training
- Cinematic and games courses:
- Film and television
- Games and visual effects
- Healthcare and social work courses:
- Healthcare science
- Mental health
- Social work
- Veterinary nursing
- Natural sciences courses:
- Environmental, occupational and public health
- Medical science and technology
- Law courses:
- Performing and arts courses:
- Professional practice and work based learning courses
- Professional practice and work based learning
- Construction professional practice
- Psychology courses:
- Social science courses:
- Criminology and policing
- Politics and international relations
- Sport and exercise science and rehabilitation courses
- Sport and exercise science and rehabilitation.
Study in Middlesex Ranking:
Ranked the 68th according to UniRank ranking
Ranked the according to 105th according to Complete rankings
Ranked the 112nd according to the Guardian ranking
Ranked the 91st according to Times / Sunday Times ranking
Ranked the 876th according to UniRank ranking
Ranked among the 901st – 1000th according to ARWU ranking
Ranked among the 751st – 800th according to QS ranking
Ranked among the 401st – 500th according to THE ranking
Study in Middlesex Scholarships
In a bid to keep students going at Middlesex University, the school offers a variety of scholarship and grants for students.
These awards are given for different reasons based on the personal circumstances of the student, for instance the student’s academic achievement.
These awards come in the form of waiver for tuition or stipend to cover certain costs during the course of stay.
Each student can apply for more than one scholarship, however, one student can only be awarded one scholarship. In a situation where a student is offered more than one scholarship, the one with the highest value is retained and the rest are withdrawn.
For more information on undergraduate finance and a list of these scholarships available for undergraduate students, please visit the school website or follow the link to be automatically redirected: www.mdx.ac.uk/study-with-us/fees-and-funding/undergraduate-finance
For more information on postgraduate finance and a list of these scholarships available for postgraduate students, please visit the school website or follow the link to be automatically redirected: www.mdx.ac.uk/study-with-us/fees-and-funding/postgraduate-finance
Study in Middlesex Notable Alumni
- Louise Lear: BBC weather presenter
- Gladys Asmah: minister of fisheries
- Ray Lewis: former Deputy Mayor of London
- Michael Lyons: former Labour Party councilor and the Chairman of the BBC Trust
- Steve Sinnot: General Secretary, national Union of Teachers
- Abdi Yusuf Hassan: Somali politician and diplomat
- Gareth Bennett: UKIP Member of the National Assemble for Wales
- Awame Addo-Kufour: Ghanaian politician and physician
- Kevin Kerrigan: music producer and composer
- Paul Carr: guitarist and former member of the James Taylor Quarlet
- John Diamond: British Broadcaster and journalist
- Richard Dinnick: screenwriter and author
- Ruth England: British television presenter and actress
- David Hepworth: journalist, broadcaster and magazine publisher
- Dermot O’Leary: TV presenter
- Charlotte Bellamy: British actress
- Mike Figgis: film director, writer and composer
- BodyMap: designers Mike Holah and Stevie Steward
- Freem Agyeman: actress (played Martha Jones in Doctor Who)
Study in Middlesex Accommodation
There are accommodations in the forms of university of halls and halls shared by other universities for students of Middlesex University.
These accommodation opportunities provide students with strong student community network, 24-hour safety, and security.
The accommodation unit also guarantees accommodation placements for first-year students. The school assists students with this accommodation. The accommodation unit of the school also assists students who would rather a privately rented place in London.
For more information and to apply for accommodation at Middlesex University, please visit the school website or follow the direct link to be automatically redirected: www.mdx.ac.uk/student-life/accomodation
Tel: +44 (0) 20 8411 6121