SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
World Scholarship forum is geared at bring to you the best Uni versities in the world to which you can Study in. We also furnish you with latest information about Admission Requirements, Courses Offered Tuition Fee, Ranking. Do you want to Study in Covenant University?
The article you are about to read is a well researched article on Covenant University in Nigeria. It also covers information on History, Admission Process, Scholarships, Courses Offered Tuition Fee, World Ranking etc.
This article takes an in depth look into the happenings in and about Covenant University.
Study in Covenant University.
Covenant University is a private Christian university affiliated with Living Faith Church Worldwide and a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities, Association of African Universities and National University Commission.
Covenant University which is located in Ota, Ogun State Nigiera was established on 21st October 2002.
For more than a decade now, Covenant University has grown to be one of the leading university in Nigeria and Africa as a whole based on annual rankings from various organizations, scholarly citations from reputable journals and from JAMB statistics.
Covenant University is abbreviated “CU” and it’s motto is “Raising a new generation of leaders“. On 21st October 2012 Covenant University celebrated it’s 10th year anniversary. The official colours of Covenant University is purple.
The World Mission Agency (WMA), a christian mission organization is the proprietor of Covenant University.
CU religious affiliation is Christian-Pentecostal. Covenant University is also one of the affiliated universities of the Nigeria Private University Games Association. In 2005, Covenant University had it’s first accreditation.
Other accreditations include:
Institutional accreditation/recognition by the National University Commission, Nigeria.
Specialized or Programmic Accreditations include:
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
- Advertising Practitioners Council of Nigeria (APCON)
- Nigeria Institute of Architects (NIA).
The Chancellor of Covenant University is Dr David Oyedepo who is also the presiding Bishop of Living Faith Church World Wide; the church that owns the University.
Dr David Oyedepo is also the life chancellor of the University and the chairman of the board of trustees of World Mission Agency.
It is the board of trustees of World Mission Agency that appoints members and also elects the chairman of the governing council of Covenant University .
Vice chancellor of Covenant University is Prof. AAA Atayero.
Notable Alumni of Covenant University:
- Dolapo ‘LowlaDee’ Adeleke, Nigerian filmmaker
- Ric Hassani, musician
- Ishaya Bako, Nigerian film director and screenwriter.
- Bez, Nigerian multi-instrumentalist and composer.
- Ini Dima-Okojie, actress and style icon
- Gbubemi Fregene, Nigerian chef
- Simi, lyricist and sound engineer
- Spellz, Nigerian music producer (dropped out in his penultimate year)
Covenant University runs its academic programmes through a collegiate system with each collages housin various departments. The 4 Colleges in CU are:
- College of Business and Social Sciences (CBSS)
- College of Engineering (COE)
- College of Leadership Development Studies (CLDS)
- College of Science and Technology (CST)
Covenant University also runs a School of Post graduate studies for post graduate programmes.
Covenant University Portal:
- 10 Idiroko Road, Canaan Land,
Ota, Ogun State,Nigeria.
Covenant University Rankings:
Covenant University for over 15years of its creation has grown steadily to become one of the leading universities in Nigeria, Africa and the World at large.
- Covenant University ranks 3rd position in Africa in the field of computer science according to SciVal.
- In January 2018, Covenant University ranked the best University in Nigeria according to webometrics.
- CU ranked 42nd in Africa according to webometrics.
- Covenant University ranks 7th in Nigeria and 2952 in the World according to UniRank.
- Covenant University ranks 2161st position in the 2018 World Ranking of Universities.
Covenant University Library:
Covenant University Center for learning resources also known as the University’s library is able to accommodate 3000 readers and 500 postgraduate and research staff.
The total floor area of the complex is 11,300m/2 which is designed as a glass structure. The University library is situated between the female Hall of Residence Dorcas Hall and Esther Hall areas of the campus, and directly opposite the University’s chapel.
Courses Offered In Covenant University:
There are 33 courses offered in CU. Below are the wide range of undergraduate courses offered;
- Banking and Finance
- Business Administration
- Industrial Relations and
- Human Resource Management
- Demography and Social Statistics
- Mass Communication
- International Relations
- Policy and Strategic Studies
- Political Science
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Information and Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Building Technology
- Estate Management
- Biology: (Applied Biology and Biotechnology)
- Industrial Chemistry :
- Computer Science
- Management Information System
- Industrial Physics:
(Electronics and IT Applications)
Covenant University Scholarships:
There are guideline and information that people who are applying 2018/2019 Covenant University/ Jim Ovia Foundation Leaders Scholarship (“JOFLSF”) should adhere to.
The guidelines are:
- The scholarship application is to be completed with parents or guardians and is to be submitted after the applicant has completed his/her Covenant University admission applications form.
- The applicant should attach bank statements for the last 3 months and a typed letter detailing why they scholarship is needed.
- All information provided must be true as falsification of documents may result to the withdrawal of the applicants admission into the university.
- Applications are considered based on documented financial need and thorough assessment gathered by the Covenant scholarship committee of all information gathered during the admissions process for each candidate.
- The scholarship award is an all expense paid education. The scholarship award is full to cover all specific tems including tuition, accommodation, transportation, books, laptops and feeding
- The Covenant/JOFLSF Scholarship is limited and only for 10 students (7 Nigerians and 3 from other African Countries) who cannot afford to pay as much as 10-40% of their school fees at Covenant.
- In your Covenant University admission application form, you must indicate your interest in this scholarship
- Application deadline for the 2018/2019 Covenant/JOFLSF Scholarship Sign is July 15, 2018. Submissions after this date may not be considered.
Process of Scholarship Application:
- Stage1: Indicate your interest in Covenant University Admission application form
- Stage2: Complete this Application –Answer all applicable questions. You do not need to complete the application in one sitting; save your application and return to complete it at any time.
- Stage3: Submit this Application – The date and time you submit your completed application will be recorded based on West African Time and your reports and supporting documents will be sent to the Covenant Scholarship Committee.
- Stage4: Shortlisted candidates go through a final academic screening test
- Stage5: Announcement of successful candidates.
Admission Into Covenant University:
To be admitted into Covenant University, a prospective student is required to meet the admission requirements before starting the application online.
Prospective students wishing to apply into CU are to buy a JAMB(Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board) form, choose Covenant University and sit for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) of the Board as prescribed in the relevant advertisement for the 2018/2019 admission exercise.
Prospective students must have also completed the Covenant University application form online. Prospective students can also visit the admission office on campus to learn more about undergraduate programmes ran by the school.
The minimum entry requirements for admission into Covenant University are credit level passes in five (5) subjects at the SSCE/GCE O’Level/NECO/NABTEB or its equivalent, obtained at not more than two (2) sittings.
The subjects passed must include English Language and Mathematics. Candidates are also to note that there are other requirements that may be specific to a College and/or a department.
Covenant University Application Requirements:
The prospective student must submit all documents (electronic, original or photocopied) to the school in support of an application which becomes a part of Covenant University application record and cannot be released to the student or a third party.
If submitted documents are falsified, forged or altered, the admission office would notify the relevant authorities. Submission of such materials will disqualify an applicant for admission.
Application fee is non refundable.
For the 2018/2019 academic session, application fee is N5000( Five Thousand Naira).
Post-UTME Screening fee is N2,000 (Two thousand Naira only).
Transaction charges apply, N900 (Nine Hundred Naira Only) via card payment and N600 (Six Hundred Naira Only) for bank / over the counter transaction.
A statement of purpose (not less than 500 words) should be prepared and submitted online along with the application. Statement of purpose should address your intellectual interests, academic and professional objectives, visions, and goals for life.
The application would only be considered completed if you upload the following credentials:
- Birth Certificate
- Scanned 2018 JAMB result with your clearly visible passport photograph
- WAEC or NECO Result (if available)
- Letter of Sponsorship by Parents
- Please note that all the documents must be in PDF and not more than 100kb.
In addition to the application fee, prospective students are to present two official recommendation letters for the application process to be completed.
The recommendation letter should be from persons in positions to appraise your potential for undergraduate study at Covenant University.
These persons should include the following: Spiritual Leader, Principal or any teacher from your school.
After the application process online has been completed, there would be a computer based Post-UTME screening which would take place at the University campus in Canaan Land, Km. 10 Idiroko Road, Ota, Ogun State.
The screening schedule would be accessible via the Screening Booking. Candidates will be notified via text messages.
All candidates are required to pay the sum of Seven Thousand Naira Only (N7,000.00) which entails Five Thousand Naira (N5,000.00) for the form and Two Thousand Naira (N2,000.00) for post-UTME screening. The fee can be paid with CUSanwo.
Undergraduate Application(International Students).
For international students who wish to be admitted into Covenant University would have to pay a sum of $100 processing fee.
This sum of money is payable to banks listed below:
- Zenith Bank
Account Name: Covenant University
Account Number: 5070002387
Beneficiary Address: Canaanland, Km 10, Idiroko Road, Ota, Ogun State
Bank Name: Zenith Bank Plc
Bank Address: G.R.A Ikeja, Lagos
Zenith Bank Swift Code: ZEIBNGLA
Intermediary: CITIBANK N.A
Canada square, canary wharf, London E14 5LB
IBAN Number: GB80CITI18500810407941
Account No: 10407941(USD)
Swift Address: CITIGB2L
Sort Code: 18-50-08
Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
Account Name: Covenant University
Account Number: 0132012749
Beneficiary Address: Canaanland, Km 10, Idiroko Road, Ota, Ogun State
Bank Name: Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
Bank Address: 63, Abeokuta Express Road, Sango Ota, Ogun State, Nigeria
Swift Code: GTBINGLA
Requirements for Prospective International Students.
A foreign student is a prospective student who had been educated abroad, a citizen of another country, a Nigerian who had been educated abroad and is a citizen of another country by brother naturalization.
Prospective international students must possess a duly authorized and current admissions letter by the Covenant University Registrar.
Before entry into Nigeria, a prospective student must posses a visa to validate his stay in the country.
Admitted foreign nationals are to apply for the Subject To Regularization (STR) Visa/Entry Permit.
Combined Expatriate Residence Permit and Aliens Card guidelines:
Admitted foreign Nationals must also procure the CERPAC (This is the acronym for Combined Expatriate Residence Permit and Aliens Card).
In doing that you must purchase a CR (Concessionary) form for $200. It is meant for Missionaries, Students, Non ECOWAS African Nationals and Cameroonians. Other CERPAC guidelines are found on the school website.
Procedure for Regularization of Foreign/International Students:
- Formal letter of application for regularization from student
- Letter of recommendation from the Institution and acceptance of Immigration responsibility
iii. A copy of Admission letter
- A copy of letter of acceptance
- Evidence of payment of School fees
- Photocopy of relevant pages of the applicant’s passport including the page of relevant visa
- All other details can be secured from the Nigerian Embassy in your country of origin.
School Of Post Graduate Studies:
At the Covenant University School of Post Graduate Studies one can go on to obtain a Masters or Doctorate degree in any of its thirty one programmes run by the School.
To be considered into M.A., M.Sc., M.Eng. M.B.A. and MPA degree programmes of Covenant University, an applicant must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline and at least a second class lower division from Covenant University or any other university approved by the school senate.
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) with a minimum CGPA of 3.5 in addition to a Bachelor’s degree (minimum of third class Division) or HND (minimum of Lower Credit) in a relevant discipline may be considered.
- Applicants with relevant professional qualifications such as ACA, ICAN, ACIB, etc. who do not have either B.Sc degree or HND, would need to obtain the relevant PGD before applying for the professional Master’s programme of the University, such as MBA/MPA/MIT, etc.
To qualify for admission into the PhD degree programme of Covenant University, an applicant shall possess:
Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees [M.A/M.Sc/M.Eng/M.Tech] in the relevant discipline obtained from Covenant University or any other university recognised by the Senate.
A minimum CGPA of 4.0 on a 5.0 point scale or equivalent in the Master’s programme to qualify for a direct entry into the PhD degree programme.
Applicants with CGPA of 3.50 – 3.99 on a 5.0 point scale or equivalent in the Master’s programme may be considered for M.Phil/PhD programme.
Applicants with professional Master’s Degrees shall not be eligible for PhD programmes except they obtained M.Sc degrees in the relevant fields.
Covenant University School Fees 2018/2019 For 100level students:
Below is the fees paid by newly admitted students in Covenant University. Fees may vary according to programme. Fees are in Naira.
- Accounting 857,500
- Banking & Finance 817,500
- Business Administration 817,500
- Demography & Social Statistics 817,500
- Economics 817,500
- Industrial Relations & Human Resource Management 817,500
- International Relations. 857,500
- Marketing 817,500
- Policy & Strategic Studies 857,500
- Political Science 857,500
- English Language 857,500
- Psychology/Counselling 857,500
- Sociology 817,500
- Mass Comm./Publ. Rel. & Advert. 857,500
- Architecture 857,500
- Engineering Courses 882,500
- Computer Science 857,500
- Biochemistry 865,000
- Microbiology 865,000
- Ind. / Physics/Mathematics 865,000
- Ind. Chemistry 857,500
- Building Technology 857,500
- MIS 857,500
- Estate Management 857,500
Covenant University Admission List:
The admission list for newly admitted students into Covenant University have been released on the schools website.
To view the admission list, newly admitted students have to download the list which is in PDF file. Please note that the admission list is subject to JAMB rectification.
Covenant University Stadium:
The Covenant University Stadium which was recently completed is a 6,500 capacity and the cost for building the stadium is around the figure of a billion naira when converted is thereabout 3 million US dollars.
The stadium which is located in Ota, Ogun State Nigeria is set to rival many stadia in third division clubs in the English Premier league.
The stadium is FIFA certified. The surface of the stadia is astroturf (a brand of artificial turf playing surface) with seats and backrest which means it can serve as a training center for world cup matches like other university stadia in developed nations.
According to reports, the stadium was funded by Living Faith Worldwide as an endowment for Covenant University.