Studying in Germany can be very exciting for so many reasons. Well, you already have your reasons for wanting to study here, so, let us go with your convictions. Are you an international student who wants to study in Germany? Do you want to run a PhD Program In Biological Sciences? There is a PhD program in biological sciences for international applicants available in Germany. Read the post for more information.
Generally speaking, biologists study humans, animals, and bacteria to gain a better understanding of how the body works and how external factors influence each organism. A biologist is a scientist who studies life, specific organisms and their relationship to their environment.
The study of living things has undergone tremendous expansion in recent years, and topics such as cell biology, neuroscience, evolutionary biology, and ecology are advancing rapidly.
Eberhard Karls University, Tübingen (University of Tübingen) is a public research university located in the city of Tübingen, Baden-Württemberg. It is one of Germany’s most famous and oldest universities, noted in medicine, natural sciences, and the humanities.
Under the support of the University of Tübingen, more than 80 students from all over the world are working on their PhDs at the Max Planck Institute for Developmental Biology (MPI-DB) and the Friedrich Miescher Laboratory (FML).
The selection of a Ph.D. program is a major step towards a scientific career. A Ph.D. student commits several years of his or her life to research and the acquisition of scientific communication and leadership skills. At the end of his Ph.D. training period, the student should come away with not only an advanced academic degree but a firm understanding of the workings of cutting-edge research and a solid foundation for his or her career.
The International Ph.D. Program at MPI-DB and FML offers cutting edge training in the Biological Sciences. Ph.D. students receive personal training complemented by selected courses and seminars. All positions are fully funded, and degrees are awarded through the University of Tuebingen.
Enough of the talks, let us begin properly.
- Level/ Field of Study
- Host Nationality
- Eligible Nationality
- Program Worth
- Number of Awards
- Eligibility for This Ph.D. Program In Biological Sciences
- How to Apply for PhD Program In Biological Sciences 2020
- Ph.D. Program In Biological Sciences 2020 Application Deadline
- Editor’s Recommendations
Level/ Field of Study
The International Ph.D. Program in the Biological Sciences offers:
- Research First: The main focus of the International Ph.D. program lies in hands-on experience in research. Students start their Ph.D. projects immediately and generally produce one or more research publications before they obtain their degree. You will find details about the research in laboratories participating in the MCSB track, the EDGE track, or the CBBI track on the respective webpages.
- Program Structure: In addition to carrying out scientific research, Ph.D. students are required to attend a minimal number of courses, participate in research seminars, and present their research findings at an internal symposium. In addition, a wide variety of optional courses and activities are also available.
Ph.D. Program In Biological Sciences is hosted be MPI-DB; FML and the scholarship can be taken in Germany
If you are an international student and you desire to study in the UK, Check out the best scholarships obtainable for study in the UK
This program in biological sciences is for Citizens of ALL countries
University of Tuebingen, Tübingen, Baden-Württemberg, Germany; WITH
MPI-DB, Germany; AND FML, Germany
Aside from the Ph.D. Program In Biological Sciences 2020, there are other scholarships available to international students to study abroad. You can check our scholarship by country to access all scholarships available.
All Ph.D. positions are fully funded for the whole duration of stay, usually through support contracts from the Max Planck Society. The contracts include complete coverage by the German social security system, as well as health insurance. On average, Ph.D. students can expect to have a disposable income of approximately 1200€ per month.
The international PhD program does not charge tuition fees. Students wishing to enroll at the University of Tübingen are charged minimal fees (approximately €130/semester).
At MPI-DB and FML, the students profit from an interdisciplinary environment and first-rate scientific resources. Dedicated support and a plethora of courses and workshops foster the growth of these doctoral students.
Number of Awards
Approximately 20 new Ph.D. students join the International Ph.D. Program each year and it’s For up to 4 years
Eligibility for This Ph.D. Program In Biological Sciences
This program in biological sciences is open to highly qualified students from Germany and any other country.
Generally, applicants must have completed all of the requirements for their MSc or Diploma degree in a relevant subject by the time they begin their Ph.D. They are welcome to apply while finishing their studies.
B. Sc. students graduating within the top 10% of their class from a German university with independent research experience may also be eligible.
In exceptional cases, graduates from international 4-year B.Sc. or B.Tech. programs with independent research experience may also be admitted. However, in these cases, additional requirements (courses, seminars, exams, or a research report) must be fulfilled.
Comparative Evaluation of Academic Performance
Applicants who do not hold a degree from a university within the European Higher Education Area must submit a GRE or GATE score. Applicants from India may provide a GATE score of a relevant specialization.
This International Ph.D. Program language is English. Applicants must demonstrate English is written and oral communication skills during the application process. Test scores from the TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge English test or similar are not required but are looked upon favorably.
How to Apply for PhD Program In Biological Sciences 2020
The International PhD program application procedure consists of three steps:
- Screening of completed application packages;
- Telephone or video-conference interviews; and
- Personal interviews at our institutes in Tuebingen.
The Ph.D. Program In biological sciences for international applicants application package consists of three components which must all be provided through the online application system:
- Online application form
- Certificates submitted as one pdf-file, and
- References from two referees
Most students are selected through the annual application process, while some are admitted after directly contacting a faculty member. You can register on the online application system once the application round has been opened.
It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete information on this Ph.D. scholarship.
Ph.D. Program In Biological Sciences 2020 Application Deadline
The next central application round is expected to open soon. Until then, qualified applicants are invited to contact potential Ph.D. advisors directly.
If you have any questions, please contact the Ph.D. Program Office by email.
- Germany Scholarships for International Students
- Study in Germany: Timeline for September Intake
- Cost of Studying and Living in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Poland
- SHARE THIS: Top 9 Reasons to Study Abroad in Germany
- Free Tuition: Scholarship to study law in Germany (UPDATED)
- Tuition-Free Universities to Study in English in Germany
- BEST 10 Universities to study Medicine in Germany
- Cologne Graduate School Ph.D. Scholarships for International Students in Germany
- Study Free in Germany: Admission Requirement| Cost of Living | How to Apply for Visa
- What are the Fully-funded Scholarships to Study in Germany? (Study for Free)