John Quincy Adams Society is delighted to announce the 2017 edition of an essay contest named as “Student Foreign Policy Essay Contest”. If your age is 18 years or older and you enrolled as of the fall of 2017 in an accredited postsecondary institution or program you can participate. First place winner will receive $1000.00 and runner-up (2) will get $250.00 and a one-year subscription to The National Interest.
The John Quincy Adams Society (JQA) is a national network of student groups focused on U.S. foreign policy, with a centering vision of restraint. Its aim to help college students advance, both intellectually and professionally, while promoting a broader and more strategic conversation about America’s approach to international affairs.
You are encouraged to apply if you are
- Contest entrants must be legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia.
- Applicants aged 18 years or older, except where prohibited.
- The contest is void outside the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia and where prohibited and restricted by any federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation (“Law”).
- You must be enrolled as of the fall of 2017 in an accredited postsecondary institution or program listed in the U.S. Department of Education’s most recent database, you can download the Accreditation data files through the given link: https://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/GetDownLoadFile.aspx
How to Apply:
- Applicants must write an essay between 1000 and 1500 words in your essay you shall answer the following question: What benefits could a more restrained, careful foreign policy strategy offer to the United States?
- To submit the essay applicants can go through the given link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScGfmUxavZcnPa_xDVnlUh_ME8FuWs2pfVrYZVxyglWhDnciw/viewform?entry.2005620554&entry.1045781291&entry.1728928983&entry.2048764237&entry.1065046570&entry.1166974658&entry.1503738110=Yes&entry.205113180=Yes
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- First Prize – $1000.00, two years’ subscription to The National Interest
- Runners Up (2) – $250.00, one-year subscription to The National Interest
- The winning essays will be published on The National Interest’s website.
Scholarship submission is due by 11:59 pm Eastern Time on Sunday, June 18, 2017.
Link for More Information: