Established in 1853, St. Francis Xavier University is a primarily undergraduate university located in Antigonish, Nova Scotia, Canada. It is a member of the Maple League, a group of primarily undergraduate universities in Eastern Canada.
Kindly read through the contents of this article to know more about the StFX Scholarship.
The Faculty of Science offers the following programs; Aquatic Resources, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Earth Sciences, Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Human Kinetics, Human Nutrition, Mathematics and Statistics, Nursing, and Physics.
The Gerald Schwartz School of Business offers degrees in Business Administration, with majors in Accounting, Enterprise Development, Finance, Information Systems, Leadership in Management, and Marketing.
The Faculty of Education offers degrees in Adult Education and Education.
The Music Department hosts one of North America’s leading undergraduate jazz studies program.
StFX Tuition Fees
Below are current fees and rates for tuition for students at StFX. International rates are also included below. Rates for residence and meal plans can be found using the links within the menu on the right.
CANADIAN STUDENTS Tuition $8,570
CANADIAN NURSING STUDENTS Tuition $8,900
International Students Tuition $8,570
StFX Admission Requirements
For high school graduates, the minimum requirements include an overall average of 70% in Grade 12, with no marks below 65% in each of the required subjects.
Admissions to limited enrolment programs are competitive, so the minimum grade requirements are subject to change. The high school requirements include the following:
Students who have a Grade 11 average of 80% or higher may be considered for Early Fall Admissions prior to their first set of Grade 12 marks being available.
A completed application, Grade 11 transcripts, and a Grade 12-course list must be received by February 1 to be considered for Early Fall Admission.
Due to the competitive nature of the program, Early Fall Admission is not available for Nursing. StFX requires the CASper test for all nursing programs.
Students who are interested in Nursing must complete a mandatory CASper Test to maintain admission eligibility.
Mail: StFX Admissions Office
2330 Notre Dame Ave. Lane Hall B233
Antigonish, Nova Scotia
Canada B2G 2W5
St. Francis Xavier University offers over $7 Million in merit-based scholarships and financial aid to its new and current undergraduate students.
Students with an admissions average of 85% are eligible for an entrance scholarship worth at least $5,000 over four years of study.
Consideration for scholarships at StFX begins with your application to the university. All scholarship applications are completed online.
Once accepted to StFX, students will be provided with login information to their Scholarship Application Site.
Students will complete scholarship profiles and will be matched to various awards based on Grade 12 averages.
Login Support: Email email@example.com
Admissions and scholarship averages are obtained from the required courses for the program to which you have applied.
Conditions of maintaining a renewable Entrance Scholarship are that you are enrolled in 24 credit hours from September to April, and maintain a minimum overall average of 80%.
In-course scholarships are awarded to students who have completed at least one academic year of 24 credits in the fall and winter terms combined towards a first degree.
They are awarded on the basis of academic performance at StFX University; a minimum average of 80% is required. Students eligible for more than one university-funded scholarship (in course or renewable) will receive the largest to which the student is entitled.
Students with an average of 80% or higher will qualify for $1,000, ranked in the top 5% of their group will qualify for $2,000 and ranked first in their group will qualify for $5,000.
The Entrance Scholarship is valued at $5,000 and guaranteed to all applicants with an average of 85% or higher, based on Grade 12 December exams or first semester Grade 12 marks. It is renewable for four years at $1,250 per year.
Entrance Scholarship is valued at $7,000 and guaranteed to all applicants with an average of 90% or higher, based on Grade 12 December exams or first semester Grade 12 marks. It is renewable for four years at $1,750 per year.
Merit Scholarship is valued at $12,000 for outstanding students across all programs in Arts, Science, and the Gerald Schwartz School of Business and Information Systems. It is awarded based on academic achievement and is renewable for four years at $3,000 per year.
MARCH 1: DEADLINE FOR STFX SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Applicants need to have completed the academic application to StFX and submitted your grade 12 first semester transcript
MARCH 12: DEADLINE TO COMPLETE YOUR SCHOLARSHIP PROFILE
Once accepted, applicants need to Log into www.awards.stfx.ca. Complete your scholarship questionnaire and disclaimer, then ensure all scholarship application documents are uploaded
To be eligible for the StFX scholarships listed below, students must apply to StFX and submit a first term/semester grade 12 transcript before the March 1st deadline.
Only students who have completed the scholarship profile on the StFX University Scholarship Site with an average of 96% or higher (unless otherwise stated) will be considered.
- President’s Scholarship offers $32,000 to students who have achieved outstanding academic success; all students enrolling directly from high school who demonstrate the qualities and values honored by StFX are eligible. It is renewable for four years at $8,000 per year
- International Baccalaureate Scholarship offers $28,000 to students who have achieved outstanding academic success within the IB program. It is renewable for four years at $7,000 per year.
- Canadian Scholarship awards $24,000 based on academic achievement and the student’s province of origin. It is renewable for four years at $6,000 per year.
- Phillip W. Oland and J.P. McCarthy Scholarship awards $24,000 based on a nomination from the applicant’s high school and the results of an interview process. It is renewable for four years at $6,000 per year. Applicants must have a demonstrated history of leadership ability.
- Daniel and Frances Anzelc Cordeau – Cape Breton Scholarship offers $28,000 to students from Cape Breton entering a full-time undergraduate Bachelor of Arts program. It is renewable for four years at $7,000 per year if the student maintains a minimum average. Preference is given to students active in their Catholic parish, and financial need may be taken into consideration. (Offered every 4 years, next deadline March 1, 2020)
For More Information:
St. Francis Xavier University
5005 Chapel Square
Antigonish, Nova Scotia
Canada B2G 2W5
Phone: 1.902.867.5384 or 1-902-863-3300
- Becker College Tuition: Scholarships and Cost of Living
- Computek College of Business, Healthcare & Technology: Tuition, Admission, Courses
- Fencing Scholarships
- Canadian all Care College for international students [Apply Now]
- Brewster Technical College Scholarships, Admissions Tuition Fees and Cost of Living
- Because of College Expensive Scholarship For Students in the US
- 11 Outstanding Universities in South Australia
- Finding Scholarships | Confusion Cleared
- 10 Cheapest Universities in Egypt
- Top 13 Universities in the Netherlands: Programme Offer, Tuition Fees, and Scholarships
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. However, if no, leave a comment on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question and we will get back to you as soon as possible