Stephen Phillips Memorial Scholarship Fund 2019
The Stephen Phillips Memorial Scholarship Fund is a scholarship for New England permanent residents who have financial need, demonstrate academic achievement, commit to others, possess a strong work ethic, and possess leadership qualities. Read the specific criteria for qualified candidates of Phillips scholars program here.
The Stephen Phillips Memorial Scholarship Fund offers renewable, 4-year scholarships to students with financial need who display academic achievement, a commitment to serving others (in school, in the community or at home), a strong work ethic, and leadership qualities.
The intent of this award is to enable students to attend college without accumulating burdensome debt. Awards from the Phillips scholars program range from $3,000 to as high as $15,000 in a few cases. In general, the average award each year is in the $6,000 to $7,000 range.
About the Sponsor: Stephen Phillips
Stephen Phillips was a member of a prominent Salem, Massachusetts family that for many years had been actively involved in the merchant sailing era of Salem that followed the American Revolution.
Phillips scholars program is a renewable award open to full-time undergraduate students with financial need who display academic achievement, a commitment to serving others (in school, in the community or at home) a strong work ethic, and leadership qualities.
A U.S. citizen or noncitizen who has a current lawful presence in the United States and has a work permit, and is a permanent resident of a New England state. Qualifying students may attend college anywhere in the U.S. and must be pursuing a bachelor’s degree for the first time.
Level/ Field of Study
The Stephen Phillips Memorial Scholarship 2019 is for an undergraduate student.
The Stephen Phillips Memorial Scholarship 2019 is to be hosted by Stephen Phillips in the United States. If you are an international student and you desire to study in the United States, Check out the best scholarships obtainable for study in the Unit
The Stephen Phillips Memorial Scholarship 2019 is available to New England state citizens. Read also if you wish to study outside your country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
What is the Stephen Phillips Memorial Scholarship fund?
phillips scholars program worth between $ 3,000 and $ 15,000 in some cases. In general, the average grant varies between $ 6,000 and $ 7,000 per year.
The number of premiums for this Phillips scholars program may vary from year to year depending on the financial situation of the beneficiaries. When the beneficiaries move to another college, the premiums are recalculated to reflect the different costs and benefits of the new colleges.
Who is eligible to apply for the Stephen Phillips Memorial Scholarship 2019?
Applicants for Stephen Phillips Memorial Scholarship Fund must be:
- Entering or returning student at an accredited undergraduate institution in the United States and must be enrolled full-time (at least 12 hours).
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree (BA, BS, BFA, BSN for example) for the first time. Students in a one-year or two-year certificate or associate’s degree programs do not qualify. Students in five-plus year programs ending in a master’s degree or beyond may apply for the first four (undergraduate) years of their programs.
- A United States citizen or a noncitizen who has a current lawful presence in the United States and a work permit.
- A permanent resident of a New England state: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island or Vermont.
Applicants of the Stephen Phillips Memorial Scholarship Fund should:
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Be enrolled in a demanding course of study
- Demonstrate skilled writing
How do you apply for the Stephen Phillips Memorial Scholarship 2019?
Visit www.phillips-scholarship.org for more information about applying for the scholarship and to access the Stephen Phillips Memorial Scholarship Fund application. ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED USING THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM. Mailed applications will not be considered.
Begin your online application early enough to be thorough in your responses and to give recommenders time to respond to your recommendation requests. The majority of applicants report spending between 4 and 10 hours to complete the Stephen Phillips Memorial Scholarship Fund application.
To complete the Stephen Phillips Memorial Scholarship Fund application, you will need to upload
- One formal essay, a few short responses, and a resume
- Financial Aid Award information from the college or university that you plan to attend
- Your FAFSA Student Aid Report
- The names and contact details of at least two recommenders
What is the deadline to apply for a Stephen Phillips Memorial Scholarship?
Note that there is an option for students who wish to apply early. *
Usual deadline – 12:00 pm, May 1st, 2019. Decisions will be communicated to candidates at the end of June.
* Early Warning Deadline – April 15th, April 3rd, 3:00 pm. Reserved for secondary school students who have information on the financial assistance of the college they wish to attend. The first 300 students who apply by April 3rd will receive a decision by the College’s general response date of May 1st.
- 25 Undergraduate Scholarships for Journalism Students 2019-2020
- 19 Best Arizona scholarships in the USA [UPDATED]
- 22 Undergraduate Scholarships For Economics Students 2019
- Nicholas A. Pennipede Memorial Scholarship Program
- Harold Carroll Memorial Scholarship at Federation University Australia, 2019
- A.C.A. Foundation Scholarship 2017
- Joseph M. Mitchell Memorial Scholarship, 2017
- TED ROGERS SCHOLARSHIP FUND IN CANADA 2018
- APPLY: Canadian Centennial Scholarship Fund for Studying in the UK
- The University of St. Gallen Scholarships for Foreign Students in Switzerland, 2018