Southern Cross University is pleased to announce SCU’s International Women in STEM Scholarship. This scholarship is available to new international students.
This Scholarship is intended to attract new international students who wish to earn a full Undergraduate and Postgraduate degree from the School of Environment, Science, and Engineering or the School of Health and Human Sciences.
About Southern Cross University
Southern Cross University is an Australian public university, with campuses at Lismore and Coffs Harbour in northern New South Wales, and at the southern end of the Gold Coast in Queensland. It offers a range of academic programs for undergraduate and postgraduate students and is organized in six schools and two colleges along leading research centers.
Lismore is a regional city located in the Northern Rivers region of NSW. The Lismore campus is set on more than 75 hectares, and houses specialist training teaching facilities including a science and engineering precinct, environmental laboratories, contemporary music, and visual arts studios and the SCU Health Clinic. The Learning Centre, at the center of the campus, features individual and collaborative learning spaces.
The Gold Coast campus is the only Australian university campus located at an airport. The campus is at Coolangatta, in Queensland, close to North Kirra Beach and adjacent to the Gold Coast Airport. The campus includes general teaching facilities, as well as specialist teaching facilities for nursing and midwifery, and allied health disciplines such as occupational therapy, podiatry, pedorthics and speech pathology. Tourism, business, law, education, arts, and social welfare are also taught at the Gold Coast.
The Coffs Harbour campus is located on the mid-north coast of New South Wales and consists of general teaching facilities, and specialist nursing laboratories, teaching spaces for education students, a biosciences laboratory, and psychology research facilities. The campus is shared with a senior high school and a technical college.
National Marine Science Centre
Southern Cross University operates the National Marine Science Centre (NMSC) in Coffs Harbour on the northern side of the city. The NMSC is an international leader in a range of marine research fields, conducting research projects around the world. Research at the National Marine Science Centre (NMSC) addresses critical challenges to the future of the marine environment across four broad areas: Biodiversity, Ecological Interactions, Aquaculture, and Sustainable Fisheries. Facilities at the NMSC include a flow-through seawater system that supplies labs, tank farm, aquarium room, and hatchery. The Centre also operates the Solitary Islands Aquarium which is open to the public.
Sydney and Melbourne
Southern Cross University operates The Hotel School Sydney and The Hotel School Melbourne in partnership with Mulpha Australia. Both The Hotel School Sydney and The Hotel School Melbourne are located in the central business districts of their respective cities and have executive offices and teaching facilities. Southern Cross University also operates branch campuses in Sydney and Melbourne, delivering business and accounting degrees to undergraduate and postgraduate international students.
NOTE: Our Scholarship Award Winning Ebook (worth $50) is up for grab, if you’re reading this article, you stand a chance to win one of our Scholarship Ebook. Read through for eligibility on how to get our scholarship ebook for free.
World Scholarship Forum popular searched Scholarships 2019
- 2019/2020 Fully Funded Scholarships
- ICCR Scholarships 2019-2020
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships 2019-2020
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries 2019-2020
- Scholarships For Developing Countries 2019-2020
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS 2019-2020
- List of Top 10 Mechanical Engineering Colleges in the World 2019
The Scholarship is meant for international female students who are pursuing full research coursework in the field of Environment, Science, and Engineering or the School of Health and Human Sciences Southern Cross University. If you wish to explore more information on fellowship opportunities, click on the link
The STEM International Scholarships is hosted and taken in Southern Cross University, Australia. If you are an international student and you desire to study in Australia. Check out the best scholarships obtainable for study in Australia
The Scholarship provides funding for that accrues up to $5,000
The STEM International Women Scholarships at Southern Cross University is made available for international students. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The number of offers is not specified.
Eligibility for Scholarship
In order to be eligible, the candidate must
- The applicant must be a current or prospective female student of Southern Cross University
- The candidate is an international on-shore student wishing to earn a full degree from the Faculty of Environmental Sciences and Engineering or the Campus of Health and Human Sciences of Gold Coast Campus, Lismore or Coffs Harbor.
- The student is not a citizen or permanent resident of Australia or New Zealand.
- The student must have high academic achievement in mathematics and science and meet the university’s minimum entrance requirements, including English language proficiency.
- Students must successfully complete all units of the first session and receive at least one pass for all units in order to remain eligible for the scholarship.
For this scholarship, Apply to study a full postgraduate coursework degree from the School of Environment Science and Engineering or School of Health and Human Sciences at either the Gold Coast, Lismore or Coffs Harbour campus.
Follow the instructions on the SCU International Women in STEM Scholarship Application which you can find on SCU International’s downloads page.
We have other great scholarship opportunities that might be of help to your search
- Queensland University of Technology International Merit Scholarship in Australia, 2019
- Duke of Grafton Scholarship at the University of Westminster in UK 2019
- 20+ Masters Scholarship for Central African Republic Students to Study Abroad 2019
- Southern Cross University International STEM Scholarships in Australia
- Adelaide Sarawak Alumni Scholarship at University of Adelaide in Australia, 2019
- Merit Based Scholarships at Syracuse University in USA 2019-2020
- Top Universities accepting Low OR No GRE scores in USA
- Harvard GSD Wheelwright Prize 2019-2020 [Updated]