SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
The Stanford University is delighted to invite applications for the Wallace Stegner Creative Writing Fellowships 2018-2020, eligible person are welcome to apply.
Stanford University is a private research university in Stanford, California, adjacent to Palo Alto and between San Jose and San Francisco. Stanford’s undergraduate program is the most selective in America.
Type: Essay Contest
Institution: Stamford University
To be a Stegner Fellow:
- Any degrees or tests for admission is not required;
- No school of writing is favored over any other;
- Chronological age is not a consideration.
- Fellowships include a living stipend of $26,000 per year;
- In addition, fellows’ tuition and health insurance are paid for by the Creative Writing Program.
- Anyone interested in a fellowship is welcome to apply, regardless of nationality;
- If accepted, for visa purposes you would be considered a non-matriculated graduate student at Stanford; they would work with you to obtain a J-1 visa;
- There is no age requirements for the program. They have accepted people as young as 22 and as old as 75.
Apply online for the Stegner Fellowship
- To complete the online application you will need the following:
- Your biographical information (including education and publications)
- Contact information for two recommenders (letters of recommendation not accepted)
- Statement of plans (.doc/.pdf)
- Manuscript (.doc/.pdf) fiction up to 9,000 words, poetry up to 15 pages
- Credit card for application fee
The application deadline is December 1, 2017 at 11:59 PST.
For more information, visit Wallace Stegner Creative Writing Fellowships.