SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Spring Hill College Scholarships, Tuition and Cost of Living in 2019
We are glad to bring to you Spring Hill College Scholarships, Spring Hill College Tuition and Spring Hill College Cost of Living.
Spring Hill College, founded in 1830 by Michael Portier, Bishop of Mobile, is a private, liberal arts college in the Catholic, Jesuit tradition. It is located on the Gulf Coast in Mobile, Alabama, one of Mobile’s most picturesque neighbourhoods.
Spring Hill College is the oldest Catholic college in the Southeast and the third oldest Jesuit college in the U.S. The students are “Jesuit-educated”, meaning that they not only excel academically but also learn the value of the whole person and service for others.
The U.S. News & World Report in 2010 ranked Spring Hill College 14th among the top colleges in the South offering both bachelor’s and master’s level degrees. The College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
The Spring Hill academic calendar is divided into two semesters, a fall semester of 15 weeks beginning at the end of August and ending before Christmas, and a spring semester of 15 weeks beginning in early January and ending in early May. There are May and June mini-sessions, and summer school during June and July. SHC has a Student/faculty ratio of 14:1 with an average class size of 17, ensuring that students get the best education.
NOTE: Our Scholarship Award Winning Ebook (worth $50) is up for grab, if you’re reading this article, you stand a chance to win one of our Scholarship Ebook. Read through for eligibility on how to get our scholarship ebook for free.
World Scholarship Forum popular searched scholarships you can utilize in 2019
- 2019/2020 Fully Funded Scholarships
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships 2019-2020
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries 2019-2020
- Scholarships For Developing Countries 2019-2020
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS 2019-2020
Don’t miss any of these Scholarship opportunities. You can open any of these opportunities on a new tab.
SHC campus in Mobile, Alabama rests on a 381-acre site, which is naturally landscaped and features huge oaks, azalea-lined walkways and an 18-hole golf course. The school guarantees all full-time Undergraduates students on-campus housing for four years. SHC student body is made up of 1,496 students, who come from 36 states in the U.S and 11 countries. 60% of these students are women and 40% are men. With an average financial aid package for freshmen of $35,219, 98.3% of SHC students receive financial aid, including scholarships, grants, federal loans and work-study.
Spring Hill College has educated leaders, influenced careers, inspired life choices and ignited a life-long passion for the greater good. The school records close to 12,000 Alumni worldwide.
Spring Hill College Tuition and Fees 2019-2020
Spring Hill is committed to ensuring that a well-rounded, Jesuit education is within reach to all those who desire it. So, at SHC, the fees are made affordable to families in all income ranges through a variety of scholarships and financial aid programs. The chart below is the cost of attending SHC for undergraduates and graduates in 2019-2020.
Undergraduate tuition and Fees
|Yearly Tuition and Fees|
|Total Tuition and Fees||$39,464|
|Room and Board|
|Unlimited Meal Plan||$6,354|
|Total Room and Board||$13,462|
|Total Direct Cost||$52,926|
Some residence halls will be more expensive and books are an additional cost.
Graduate Tuition and Fees
|M.B.A. (per credit hour)||$540.00|
|M.A.T./M.S.ED. (per credit hour)||$390.00|
|M.L.A. (per credit hour)||$540.00|
Specialized Certificates (per credit hour)
|Summer Institute of Christian Spirituality (SICS) (per credit hour)||$345.00|
|Informal Spirituality Audit rate for SICS (per credit hour)||$125.00|
|R.N. to M.S.N. Bridge – Undergraduate Tuition (per credit hour)||$375.00|
|M.S.N. – Graduate Tuition: (per credit hour)||$515.00|
- Specific situations and courses require additional fees, which are indicated on the schedule of classes published by the Office of Continuing Studies for undergraduates or the Office of Graduate Studies for graduates.
- The College reserves the right to change fees, services, or programs at any time.
- Tuition for all graduate courses is determined by the degree the student is pursuing. The tuition rate for the program in which a student is enrolled determines the tuition rate for cross-listed or other special arrangement courses.
Spring Hill College Scholarships and Spring Hill College Financial Aid
To fulfil SHC commitment of making a well-rounded, Jesuit education affordable to families of all income levels, the school offer a variety of scholarships and financial aid programs. SHC average financial aid package for freshmen is $35,219 and 98.3% of SHC students receive some form of financial aid.
By applying for admissions alone, freshmen are considered for up to $28,000 in scholarships and transfer students are considered for up to $19,500 in scholarships based on academic achievements. However, students can also use the Free Application for Federal Student Aid to find applicable loans and grants.
The Student Financial Services works closely with students and their family to find the best ways to fund their college education initially and manage these funds each year.
Here are the types of Spring Hill College scholarships offered at SHC
- Academic and Service
- Merit-Based Awards: All students admitted to Spring Hill College will be automatically considered for academic scholarships based on GPA and test scores. Awards range up to $28,000 each year for incoming freshmen and are renewable for eight semesters with satisfactory academic progress.
- Alumni and Family
- Zoghby-Delaney Memorial Scholarship: Available to a student from Mobile or Baldwin County, AL. The student must have a grandparent, parent or sibling that is an alumnus or an older sibling currently attending Spring Hill. Awards range from $1,000 – $5,000 per year and are renewable for all four years. Money is raised for a scholarship through a golf tournament.
- National Alumni Association Scholarship: Available to qualified students who have a parent or grandparent that is an alumnus of Spring Hill College. Awards range from $1,000 – $5,000 per year and are renewable for all four years.
- Family Discount: Awarded to the youngest of multiple siblings attending Spring Hill College at the same time. The award is 10% of tuition and worked into need-based aid if the student demonstrates need. If twins are enrolling each twin receives 5% of tuition. If 3 or more students are attending, every sibling but the oldest gets 10% off tuition.
- Alumni Chapter Scholarships: These scholarships are administered by the Office of Alumni Programs in conjunction with the Office of Admissions for students in the Atlanta, Chicago, New Orleans and Saint Louis areas. Awards range from $1,000 to $5,000 and are renewable all four years.
- Art, Incentive, and Regional
- The DeWine Family Scholarship: Was established in 2014 by Mike and Fran DeWine. It benefits students who otherwise would not be able to attend Spring Hill College. First priority will be given to students from Ohio or within a 50-mile radius of Spring Hill’s campus. Students who have been part of the foster care system will receive preferential consideration. Students must be Pell Grant eligible. Those who apply will be asked to provide additional information for this application.
- Goizueta Foundation Scholarship: Available to a Hispanic/Latino student who demonstrates leadership skills and a passion for service. The student will be asked to submit an additional essay in order to complete the application for this scholarship. Must be a U.S Citizen. Valued at $28,000 annually.
- Transfer Students
- Merit-Based Awards: All transfer students admitted to Spring Hill College will be automatically considered for academic, tuition-only scholarships ranging from $16,000 – $23,000 annually. A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher is expected, as well as evidence of leadership or college/community service.
- Phi Theta Kappa: Awarded to incoming transfer students that are in a chapter of Phi Theta Kappa at their previous institution. To be given up to $2,500 at the transfer recruiter’s discretion.
APPLYING FOR AID
Incoming freshman or transfer student looking to apply for aid should follow these steps:
- Complete the application for admission to Spring Hill College and send your test scores and transcripts to receive an official scholarship offer. Visit – http://www.shc.edu/undergraduate/admissions/how-apply/
- Fill out the FAFSA using SHC code (001041). Visit – http://www.fafsa.gov/
- Once you’ve been admitted and received your official financial aid award letter, finalize your award in BadgerWeb. Visit – https://badgerweb.shc.edu/ics
- Meet your remaining costs by paying in full or setting up a payment plan. Visit – https://shc.afford.com/
Eligibility for winning our scholarship ebook
Get our Scholarship Ebook for free now, indicate interest in the comment section and the Ebook will be sent to you. This offer is for the first 50 people.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- First-Class Scholarships for College Students
- 301 Scholarships for African Undergraduates & Postgraduates 2019
- Top 6 Universities In London and Their Tuition fees
- Top 20 Mass Communication Scholarships 2019 for Undergraduate students
- 25 Undergraduate Scholarships For Computer Science Students
- Fully Funded TSiBA Scholarships for South African Students, 2019
- 15 PhD Scholarships for Business Administration Students
- 15 Undergraduate Scholarships for Anthropology Students 2019 – 2020
- 19 Undergraduate Scholarships for Civil Engineering Students
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
World Scholarship Forum