The Space Foundation International Student Art Contest 2019-2020
Each year, the Space Art Contest invites students from around the world aged 3 to 18 to submit original works of art to a space-based theme.
The competition is designed to engage students in art and space. You award a total of twenty-five(25) prizes to the winners and each prize is $50.00.
Applications for the tenth edition of the Space Foundation Art Contest are yet to be invited as the ninth edition of the Space Foundation International Art Contest has just been concluded and the winners announced.
You can stay connected on this page or visit their official website provided in the application link section to stay updated.
Level/Field of Study
The Space Art Contest 2019 is open to international students between the ages of 3 to 18 years of age.
The Space Foundation is the leading advocate for all areas of space. The Foundation’s mission is to promote space-based efforts to inspire, empower, and drive humanity.
The Space Foundation Art Contest 2019 is an international contest, therefore, open to students from all over the world.
How to Apply
To enter the Space Foundation Art Contest, you must register via the link provided: https://art.spacefoundation.org/user/login and proceed as follows:
• If a teacher of a qualifying participant:
- Request the necessary approvals from the authorities and administrators of your school. In no case can the sponsor be held responsible for the fact that the professor has not consulted the authorities and administrators of his school or has not received the required permits.
- Obtain the permission of the authorized participant’s supervisor. In no event will the Sponsor be liable for errors, omissions or negligence committed by a Teacher in the administration of Guardian’s authority.
- Visit the competition’s website on art.spacefoundation.org.
- Enter the contest by providing your name and contact information, including your email address and name, age and location of the participant. After registration, the teacher may use his registration information and password to enter the offer of the participating participant in the form of a picture (collectively “registration” or “registration information”).
• If a guardian of a qualifying participant:
- Go to the website of the competition.
- Fill in and send out the electronic permission form for parents.
- Enter the contest by providing your name and contact information, including your email address and name, age and location of the participant. After registration, the Guardian can use the registration information and password to enter the entry information.
Entries for the Space Foundation International Art Contest should:
- Describe the interpretation of the authorized participant on the theme.
- Be an original work of art in any of the following media/formats: drawing, painting, mixed media or digital.
- Ideally, the original size of the artwork should be 18 “x 24”, but should not be smaller than 11 “x 17” or larger than 18 “x 24”.
- They can be uploaded to the website in a high resolution (300 dpi) digital format with one of the following file types: .jpg or .png
- Have a minimum resolution of at least 2400 pixels x 2400 pixels.
- Have a maximum size of 10 MB.
- Not contain protected material.
- Not contain any threatening, offensive or abusive material.
To participate in the Space Art Contest, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be under 18 years old.
- Have a teacher or guardian who is above the age of eighteen(18) who grants parental consent to participate in the Contest and grants the rights set forth herein.
- Employees of the Sponsor or its affiliates, promotion or advertising agencies, persons involved in the production, development, conduction of this Contest, representatives of an entity acting on behalf of the aforementioned companies. their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, service providers, price providers, any other person or entity associated with the contest and / or their immediate family members and / or persons living in the same household as those persons, whether they are related or not, are not eligible for the competition.
A total of twenty-five (25) prizes (one “prize” each) will be awarded to successful participants which consist of:
- Space Achievement Award: Up to fifty dollars ($50 USD)
- First place prize: Eight(8) first place prizes will receive up to fifty dollars ($50 USD)
- Second Place Award: Eight(8) Second Place Prizes will receive up to fifty dollars ($50 USD)
- Third Place Award: Eight(8) Third Place Prizes will receive up to fifty dollars ($50 USD)
The Space Art Contest normally begins in August each year and ends on November.
However, the exact dates for the 10th edition are yet to be announced. You can visit the link provided in the application link section to be updated.
For more information on the Space Foundation Art Contest, interested applicants can click on the link below: