Entries are been accepted for the South African Democratic Alliance (DA) Young Leaders Programme 2018, this program is available to young South Africans and only eligible persons will be considered for the program.
The DA Young Leaders Programme is deeply grounded in the DA’s vision for South Africa. The Programme seeks to develop and grow our country’s future leaders responsible for upholding this vision of One Nation with One Future, and our core values of Freedom, Fairness and Opportunity in politics and government.
Institution: Democratic Alliance
Country: South Africa
- The YLP is open to all young South African citizens between the ages of 18 and 35, with a track-record of leadership excellence.
- These applicants must share the DA’s vision and must have proven themselves to be passionate leaders set on making a difference in South Africa.
- Participants must either be living in South Africa, or if they are temporarily abroad, be returning to South Africa in time for the start of the programme.
- The Young Leaders Programme does not cover international traveling costs.
Young Leaders typically demonstrate many of the following characteristics:
- A Personal ideological alignment to the DA’s vision of One Nation with One Future, rooted in our values of Freedom, Fairness and Opportunity;
- A high level of interest in, and knowledge about, South African politics and current affairs;
- An excellent understanding of the DA’s principles and policies;
- A demonstrable leadership track record;
- Examples and evidence of having taken initiative, stepping outside normal roles to start something new;
- The ability to argue and reason well;
- Passion, drive and confidence;
- An authentic motivation to be actively involved in politics in future;
- A high level of self-awareness, maturity and emotional intelligence;
- Involvement in the DA.
- The YLP is a part-time course, allowing participants to continue with their normal occupation while on the programme. It runs annually from February to November. That said, the Programme is rigorous and time consuming in terms of its requirements and assignments.
- During the course of the year, the entire Class of Young Leaders will meet for five weekend-long retreats. In between retreats, Young Leaders should be prepared to commit time out of normal work or study hours to complete programme assignments, meet with mentors and leadership coaches, and develop and manage a leadership project in their communities.
Application Deadline: September 11th 2017
The preferred method of communication is e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you can call the Federal Head Office at: 021 465 1431.
For More Information: