Soroptimist Live Your Dream Award is an educational training Award aimed at assisting women who provide the primary financial support for their families, by giving them the needed resources to improve their education, skills, and employment prospects.
Each year, Soroptimist distributes over $2 million in education grants to about 1,500 women all around the world, and more than half of the Soroptimist scholars are survivors of domestic violence, trafficking, or sexual assault.
Most of the women and families whom the Soroptimist serve have overcome enormous obstacles including poverty, teen pregnancy, and drug or alcohol addiction.
Recipients of the Live Your Dream Awards may use the cash award to offset any costs associated with their efforts to attain higher education, such as books and tuition, child care, and transportation.
This scholarship is a global volunteer organization working to improve the quality of living for women and girls through initiative programs leading to social and economic empowerment.
The Soroptimist scholarship 2022 offers three levels of cash awards. Eligible applicants can submit their applications between July 1 – November 15.
The selected recipient will receive up to $16,000 to help offset tuition costs, pay student loans, or find reliable childcare so she can worry less about paying bills and focus on reaching her dreams.
More About the Soroptimist Live Your Dream Award
Since its inception in 1921, the Soroptimist has provided more than $30 million scholarships in the form of grants to 30,000 women making a better life for themselves and their families in order to transform their communities.
Below are some ratings and reviews from respective organizations and bulletins;
86% of the Soroptimist scholarship recipients have earned and continued to pursue an educational degree or certificate
72% of the Soroptimist scholarship recipients who completed their educational degree or certification were able to secure higher-paying employment.
‘‘Education is the pathway to economically empowering women and girls. When Women Learn families live healthier lives.
When Girls Go to School they are more likely to get paying jobs and their financial contributions to their families—and their nations—increase.
Also, when Girls Have Educated Moms they are more likely to be enrolled in school and to reach higher levels of education.’’ [Population Reference Bureau].
‘‘When women are educated, their countries are more likely to have greater economic growth.’’ (World Bank).
Level/FIeld of Study
The Soroptimist Scholarship 2022 is not allocated to any Level or Field of Study. Rather, it is aimed at helping Woman who has been survivors of domestic violence, trafficking, or sexual assault. These women have faced life obstacles including poverty, teen pregnancy, and drug or alcohol addiction.
The Scholarship is aimed at putting them back to school, giving them that sense of belonging, and getting them to fit into the trends of the Society they find themselves.
The Scholarship is hosted by the Soroptimist Live Your Dream in the United States of America. That means the Scholarship is USA-based.
The Scholarship is designed for Women who have gone through life’s difficulties and need help in the USA. So are you in the United States of America and you need this help or have you met up to the requirements? Apply Now while the opportunity is still on.
Soroptimist Scholarship Worth
Recipients have the potential to receive $1,000-$16,000 to further their education
Award amounts vary, but club-level recipients receive an average of $1,000 from a local Soroptimist club.
Local recipients then become eligible for a $3,000 or $5,000 region-level award.
Region-level award recipients then become eligible for one of three international awards which are valued at $10,000
Soroptimist Scholarship Eligibility
You are eligible to apply for the Soroptimist Live Your Dream Award Scholarship if you are a woman who:
- Provides the primary financial support for yourself and your dependents, who may include children, spouse, partner, siblings, and/or parents.
- Is enrolled in or has been accepted to a vocational/skills training program or an undergraduate degree program.
- Resides in one of Soroptimist International of the Americas’ member countries/territories (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guam, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Taiwan, United States of America, Venezuela).
- Is not a Soroptimist member, an employee of Soroptimist International of the Americas or immediate family of either.
- Has a Social Security number or Tax ID number. (This is only necessary for residents of the United States, and will be required from selected applicants)
- Has not previously been the recipient of a Soroptimist Women’s Opportunity or Live Your Dream Award.
- Is motivated to achieve your education and career goals.
- Has sincere financial need.
- Does not have a graduate degree.
How To Apply for Soroptimist Scholarship 2022
Here are a few things applicants should be aware of while preparing for this scholarship:
Plan who your two references will be, either your mentors, teachers, counselors, supervisors, colleagues, or case managers. There would be no need to collect letters; Soroptimist will provide an online reference form.
Draft a personal statement about yourself in 750 words or less, on how you think the Soroptimist scholarship could help you live your dream.
Follow these steps to apply:
- Enter your zip code and select where to send your application for local judging
- Create an account for your application portal here
- Activate your account via a confirmation link sent by email
- Complete our Eligibility Checklist
- Enter your contact information and application responses
- Request two references from people who aren’t related to you (we recommend people you know from an education or work setting)
- Submit your completed application!
The Application Portal is open August 1 – November 15 each year, so ensure to submit your application before November 15.
You could also visit the Soroptimist Scholarship official website for more information at LiveYourDream.org.
For More Information:
To make inquiries on the Soroptimist scholarship write to
1709 Spruce Street Philadelphia,
or send an email to email@example.com.