SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Opportunities are available at Alexander von Humboldt foundation for Sofja Kovalevskaja Research Award which is funded by Federal Ministry of Education and Research in Germany for the year 2017. The award is available for the research from all over the world to conduct research in all disciplines.
The aim of the award is to enable researchers to embark on academic careers in Germany by establishing their own junior research groups at research institutions in Germany.
The Alexander von Humboldt is a foundation established by the government of the Federal Republic of Germany. It promotes international academic cooperation between excellent scientists and scholars from Germany and from abroad.
Course Level: The award is available for researchers.
Study Subject: The award is available in all disciplines.
Scholarship Award: The award will cover the following:
- The award winner is entitled to the award funds of up to 1.65 million EUR. The award funds are placed at the award winner’s disposal for a period of five years to carry out the approved research project of his or her own choice in Germany. The award winners and their host institutions agree jointly on the commencement of the planned research work in Germany in the course of 2017.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for the scholarship:
- Doctorate or comparable academic degree (Ph.D., C.Sc. or equivalent), completed with distinction less than six years prior to the application submission deadline.
- Career level: the award would enable the successful applicant to take on a leadership position (e.g. head of a junior research group) in Germany for the first time. Moreover, the applicant must not have held or accepted an offer of permanent employment in Germany. The relevant date is the date of the selection.
- Cutting-edge academic achievements documented by a comprehensive list of independent academic publications reviewed according to international standards and printed in journals and / or by publishing houses.
- Support of the German host institution, evidenced by a detailed expert’s report from the academic host as well as the host’s agreement and the confirmation from the administration at the host institution.
- Two supporting expert reviews from academics (at the applicant’s own institute or other institutes, where possible including some outside the applicant’s country of origin).
Nationality: The award is available for applicants from all countries.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be doctorate.
English Language Requirement: scholars in the humanities or social sciences and physicians must have a good knowledge of German if it is necessary to carry out the project successfully; otherwise a good knowledge of English; scientists and engineers must have a good knowledge of German or English.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply through the online processor.
- The Humboldt Foundation will confirm receipt of the online application by email. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that he or she has submitted all the necessary documents.
- After providing all the documents and receipt of the host’s statement and expert reviews, the application documents will usually be forwarded to three independent reviewers for written review. On the basis of these independent peer reviews, a selection committee composed of about 25 academics from all disciplines reaches a decision on approving Sofja Kovalevskaja Awards. If there is any delay in submitting the host’s statement and the expert reviews it may not be possible to process and assess the application in the time available.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is July 31, 2017.