The Department of Social Anthropology, University of Oslo is happy to call for applications from eligible persons for four PhD Positions in the field of Social Anthropology. The purpose of this PhD studentship is to promote research training leading to the successful completion of a PhD degree.
The University of Oslo is Norway’s oldest and highest ranked educational and research institution, with 28 000 students and 7000 employees.
Course Level: This position is available for pursuing PhD programme.
Study Subject: The position is awarded in the project of Social Anthropology.
Scholarship Award: The position will cover the followings:
- Salary NOK 436 900 – 490 900 per annum depending on qualifications.
- Academically stimulating working environment as part of a cohort of anthropology PhDs.
- Opportunities to work interdisciplinary with colleagues in the natural sciences and STS.
- Funds for research, travel, conference participation and dissemination, books and equipment.
- Attractive welfare benefits and a generous pension agreement, in addition to Oslo’s family-friendly environment with its rich opportunities for culture and outdoor activities.
Number of Awards: Four positions are available.
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the studentships:
- Applicants should hold a 2-year Master’s degree or equivalent, in social anthropology; other degrees in related disciplines can be considered.
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English.
Nationality: Studentships are open to International students.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants should hold a Master’s degree or equivalent, in social anthropology.
English Language Requirements: Applicants should have good command (written and spoken) on the English language.
How to Apply: The application must include:
- Cover letter (statement of motivation and research interests)
- CV (including a complete list of education with grades, positions, pedagogical and administrative experience, publications and other qualifying activities)
- Preliminary project description including the theme of the project, issues to be examined, theoretical and methodological approach and a progress plan (max. 4 pages, excluding references)
- Writing sample of 10-20 pages (publication, masters chapter, seminar paper)
- Copies of educational certificates (academic transcripts only)
- List of publications and academic work (if applicable)
- Names and contact details of 3 academic referees
The application with attachments must be delivered in our electronic recruiting system, please follow the link “applies for this job”. Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University’s grading system. Please note that all documents should be in English (or a Scandinavian language).
Application Deadline: The Studentships application deadline is August 30, 2017.