SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Snorri Sturluson Icelandic Fellowships for International Applicants
Applications are invited for Snorri Sturluson Icelandic fellowships available in the field of humanities. The Snorri Sturluson Fellowships are granted to writers, translators and scholars (not to university students) from outside Iceland to enable them to stay in Iceland for a period of at least three months. The amount of the Fellowship is based in principle on travel expenses to and from Iceland, plus living expenses while in the country. Full details
School(Institutions/ Country): | Iceland
Level: Fellowships( are granted to writers, translators and scholars to enable them to stay in Iceland.)
Deadline: no later than 31 October each year to:
Funded By: The Árni Magnússon Institute for Icelandic Studies
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Sturluson Icelandic Fellowships are targeted for Citizens from outside Iceland are eligible to apply. Preference will, as a rule, be given to a candidate from Eastern or Southern Europe, Asia, Africa, Latin America or Oceania.Austria ,Bulgaria , Canada ,China , Croatia ,Czech Republic , Denmark ,
|Estonia , Faeroe Islands ,Finland , France , Germany , Holland ,Hungary, Italy ,Japan ,|
Latvia ,Lithuania,Norway Poland , Russia ,Slovakia , Spain , Sweden , Switzerland , United Kingdom , United States of America
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: The Snorri Sturluson Fellowships are awarded for a period of at least three months.
‣ Scholarship covers: The amount of the fellowship is based in principle on travel expenses to and from Iceland, plus living expenses while in the country.
‣ Annually, the Árni Magnússon Institute for Icelandic Studies invites applications for the S Sturluson Icelandic Fellowships.
‣ The Snorri Sturluson Fellowships are granted to writers, translators and scholars (not to university students) in the field of humanities, from outside Iceland, to enable them to stay in Iceland for a period of at least three months, in order to improve their knowledge of the Icelandic language, culture and society.
Candidates wishing to take part in the Snorri Sturluson Icelandic Fellowships programme must meet the following requirements”
‣ Should two equally-qualified candidates be under consideration, preference will, as a rule, be given to a candidate from Eastern or Southern Europe, Asia, Africa, Latin America or Oceania.
Scholarship Application Method
Students from these countries, with exception of students from USA and Canada, can apply directly to the Árni Magnússon Institute for Icelandic Studies, Sigurður Nordal Office, Box 1220, 121 Reykjavík, Iceland. Application must be made on a special application form:
- Application form (word)
Application should include the following documents (in English, Icelandic or other Scandinavian languages):
- university transcripts / copies of diplomas with grades.
- two letters of recommendation from academic supervisors at your University
- language certificate (English and/or Icelandic)
Applications should be sent by ordinary mail (no e-mail application) no later than 31 October each year to:
Árni Magnússonar Institute for Icelandic Studies
Sigurður Nordals Office
P.O. Box 1220
A special committee in Iceland evaluates the applications and its decision will be announced to the candidates by January 2017.
If a scholarship recipient wishes to extend the scholarship for an additional year he/she has to apply to the Institute before 1 December. No one will be granted a scholarship for more than three times.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.