SN Bose Scholarships for Indian Students, 2019-2020
Science & Engineering Board (SERB), Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. from India, the Indo-USA. Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) and WINStep Forward have made available and are asking interested applicants pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s program to register for the SN Bose Scholarship program 2019
SN Bose Scholarship 2019 is intended to give Indian students the opportunity to experience world-class research facilities in top American institutions. This exhibition is working on building long-term cooperation between India and the US in the R&D sector. The selected candidates receive a stipend, health insurance, and airfare as scholarship.
What is the SN Bose Scholarship all about?
SN Bose Scholarship, also known as SN Bose Scholars Program, is a student exchange program between the top institutions of India and the United States, initiated by the Science & Engineering Board (SERB), Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India , the Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) and WINStep Forward.
The program is intended to give deserving and deserving students a chance to study abroad and to do innovative work in the field of science and research.
The goal is to help students experience world-class research facilities and to collaborate with other dynamic students in others to nurture and encourage the next generation of innovators and thinkers.
The Science & Engineering Board (SERB), Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. from India, the Indo-USA. The Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) and WINSTep Forward have entered into a partnership to develop a dynamic and transformative student exchange program between leading institutions in India and the United States.
The program is named in honor of Satyendra Nath Bose (1894 – 1974), a visionary Indian physicist who became best known for his work on quantum mechanics in the early 1920s.
Level/Field of Study
SN Bose Scholarships is available for students to pursue Undergraduate and Masters degree program in an exchange program between institutions in US and India. If you are an Indian student, Check out the scholarships available for Indian students
SN Bose Scholarships is hosted by the government of India in partnership with institutions in the United States. You can access other amazing opportunities to study in US on scholarship by clicking on the link.
Every Indian student who is doing or desire to pursue an undergraduate or masters program in the United States. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
Through this exchange program, the SN Bose Scholars program offers an opportunity for selected students to interact with students from the best institutions in the United States and exchange views and ideas through science and technology. Students selected under this scholarship are eligible to receive the following rewards:
- Stipend for the duration of the stay of the student in the USA to complete the internship
- Health insurance
- Airfares to cover travel expenses from the country to the host country and vice versa.
SN Bose Scholars program have no specific number of offers.
Eligibility for SN Bose Scholarships
This SN Bose Scholars program is working on long-term cooperation between India and the US through R&D links. And to be eligible for this program, students must meet certain conditions. Find the conditions below to be eligible for this grant.
- Applicants must be Indian citizens following a bachelor’s or master’s degree at a recognized educational institution in India.
- Applicants must study Atmospheric and Earth Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Mathematical and Computational Sciences, and Physical Sciences.
- Candidates must remember that only those applicants are eligible who have at least one year left to complete their course in India.
- The candidates for this internship program are also only accepted by nominations/notes. The institutes can nominate 2 of their best students from each discipline per department.
- Ph.D. candidates are not eligible to apply for the SN Bose Scholars program.
Scholarship Application Procedures
With IUSSTF, applicants can register online for the SN Bose Scholars program through their online application portal for Visitation programs. Follow the step-by-step guide below to complete your application form for this grant.
- Firstly, candidates must visit the IUSSTF home page and move the cursor to the “Program Portfolio” tab, then the “Visitation and Fellowships” tab below, and click “SN Bose Scholars Program.”
- Now the applicants must scroll down and click on ‘For Indian students’ which takes them to the scholarship page for Indian students.
- The candidates must scroll down and click on ‘Online Application Portal for Visitation Programs’ marked with a yellow color, which opens a new page where applicants can find the ‘Apply now’ button.
- The applicants must now click on the ‘Apply now’ button and read all the information.
- The candidates must click on ‘Start application’ and fill in all the necessary details to register as the new user. A link is sent to the registered e-mail ID, which the candidates must click to verify their account.
- Now applicants must log in to the online application portal for Visitation programs with the registered e-mail ID and click on ‘Apply – Start application’.
- Enter all required information in the application form for the SN Bose Scholarship.
- Candidates must remember that they can save the entered information using the ‘Save’ button at the bottom of the form and retrieve the saved information with their login details.
- Finally, candidates must upload the scanned copies of the required documents and submit the application form.
In case of any query regarding SN Bose Scholars Program, the applicants can contact Dr. Chaitali Bhattacharya of Indo-US Science and Technology Forum at the address and email ID mentioned below:
Address: Fulbright House, 12, Hailey Road, New Delhi- 110001
Email: [email protected]
You can check for more details and apply to the scholarship once it is up in the link below:
Application Deadline of SN Bose Scholarships
With the goal of motivating Indian students to include research as a career, the SN Bose scholarship is a 10-12 week internship program. It is usually announced every year in the last week of September. As for the deadline, it falls at the end of October.
We have other great scholarship opportunities that might be of help to your search
Opportunities are now available for Indian Students seeking to study abroad tuition-free. Check out and explore our SN Bose Scholarships for Indian Students