SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
SM Foundation through its College Scholarship Program is now accepting applications for school year 2018-2019. All qualified graduating Senior high school students are invited to take advantage of the opportunity. The student must be a graduate of Public High Schools with 150,000 or less household income per year, supported by a BIR Income Tax Return and fourth year weighted average grade of at least 88% in the second or third grading period.
What do i need to know about SM Foundation
Established in 1983 by Henry Sy, Sr. and Felicidad T. Sy, we continue to pursue our mission which is anchored on our founding principle of PEOPLE HELPING PEOPLE. We are committed to serve by supporting and empowering our host communities through education, healthcare, shelter, disaster response, farmers’ training, environmental programs and care for persons with special needs.
What SM Foundation really do
SM Foundation Vision is to create a Philippines where everyone has the opportunity for self-improvement and the environment is sustained for future generations and intends to achieve that by making targeted social investments in education, health care, livelihood and shelter to help under-served Filipinos improve their lives; and we will promote initiatives to protect and enhance the Philippines’ unique and diverse ecological heritage.
We will do this by working directly with communities to give them the assistance they require, by leveraging our corporate assets to secure resources and build awareness and by engaging with strong partners to create programs that promote a cycle of positive change.
Aside from free tuition, SM scholars are also entitled to free school miscellaneous fees and a monthly allowance and a chance to work at the SM Stores and Supermarkets during their Christmas and summer breaks. Even if there are no strings attached when they graduate, the scholars still receive job offers from the SM Group of Companies and affiliates. these are the different programs included in the SM Foundation program;
SM College Scholarship
Our experience with the scholarship program for over two decades strongly affirm our belief that when one family member graduates from college, the scholar can help another sibling go to school and serve as the key to lift their family out of poverty. Through the SM College Scholarship, we help the youth reach their full potential and achieve their dreams. College Scholars enjoy;
- Choice of specialization in accounting, information technology, engineering and education
SM Technical-Vocational Scholarship
We broaden our reach by providing today’s youth the option of a quicker two-year technical-vocational course in areas with great demand in the market. Through our partner schools, we help out-of-school youth harness their skills to have better opportunities in life. Our Tech-Voc Scholar enjoys:
- Choice of specialization in the areas of Food and Beverage, Automobile Mechanic, Fitter Machinist, Electro-Mechanical Technician, Refrigeration and Air-conditioning, Small Arc Welding and Electromechanics
SM School Building Program
We help provide underprivileged children with better quality public education by donating school buildings and classrooms in partnership with the Department of Education (DepEd). DepEd identifies areas in need to help address the backlog of classrooms in accordance with national requirements. With the new and conducive environment for learning, children perform better in school and are more inspired to learn, while teachers also become more effective.
The SM Foundation scholarships are awarded to those who wish to pursue a college degree program in the field of accountancy, computer science, engineering and education or a tech-vocational program in any of the partner Institution
The scholarship is hosted by the SM Foundation, Philippines
Scholarship is open to indigenous Filipino students who are from underprivileged homes.
These opportunities has value that includes full tuition waiver, accommodation, travel fares and other expenses paid.
- Full tuition
- Monthly allowance
- Part-time job opportunities during semestral and Christmas breaks
- Exclusive job offers with the SM group upon graduation
- Other fun-filled activities and enrichment programs
- Full tuition subsidy in any of its partner schools
For Tech-Voc Scholar
- On the job internship
- Referral to industry partners after graduation
- Other fun-filled activities
The number of offers differs according to the different scholarships.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship: the applicant must be
- Public high school graduates
- Private high school graduates with DepEd voucher after completing Grade 10 from public schools
- P150,000 or less household income per year, supported by a BIR Income Tax Return
- Grade 12 weighted average grade of at least 88% in the second or third grading period
- Must be a high school graduate(Tech-Voc Scholar)
- Must pass the requirements presented by partner Technical-Vocational Schools
SM Scholarship Requirements
- Submit photocopy of Grade 12 or 4th year report card.
- Submit photocopy of BIR Income Tax Return or Certificate of Non-filing of Income Tax or Certificate of Indigency.
- Bring ballpen since you will take an exam.
- You must wear complete uniform with ID during the screening.
Currently, this scholarship is unavailable but we shall keep you posted on the new date
Know about Education in Philippines
There are almost 2,300 higher education institutions in the Philippines, the majority of which are private. Many universities are affiliated with Roman Catholicism, which reflects the country’s colonial past. Of the public institutions funded by the government, the national university, University of the Philippines, receives the most funding.
Four top universities in the Philippines are ranked among the world’s best in the QS World University Rankings 2018, with a further two featured in the QS Asia University Rankings 2018. The top four are:
- University of the Philippines: Ranked joint 367th in the World University Rankings 2018 and 75th in Asia
- Manila University: The Ateneo de Manila University is a private research university which ranks 551-600 in the world rankings and joint 95th in Asia.
- De La Salle University: Next among the top universities in the Philippines, De La Salle University (DLSU) is ranked 701-750 in the world and 134th in the latest edition of the QS Asia University Rankings.
- University of Santo Tomas:The University of Santo Tomas (UST, also known as Pontifical and Royal University of Santo Tomas, or the Catholic University of the Philippines) is ranked 701+ in the world rankings and 157th in Asia.
Not only is the Philippines a beautiful country, it also has one of the best higher education systems in Asia, ranked 46th in the first edition of the QS Higher Education System Strength Rankings. Offering the opportunity to study in English at an affordable cost, the Philippines attracts over five thousand international students a year from across the globe, with most coming from other countries in East Asia.
We recommend other scholarship opportunities.
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.