SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
The Slovak republic is delighted to call on applicants to apply for the National Scholarship for Foreign Applicant 2018-2019,Eligible persons will be granted considerations for this program.
The National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic supports study/research/teaching/artistic mobility of foreign students, PhD students, university teachers, researchers and artists at higher education institutions and research organisations in Slovakia.
Level: Scholarship supports study/research/teaching/artistic mobility of foreign students, PhD students, university teachers, researchers and artists at universities and research organisations in Slovakia.
Field(s): all subjects offered by the universities and research organisations in Slovakia
Scholarship covers: The National Scholarship Programme shall cover scholarship holders’ living costs (accommodation, board, etc.) during their study/research/teaching/artistic stay at higher education institutions, research or non-governmental organisations in Slovakia. Regarding the accommodation and administrative duties related to the entry to the territory of the Slovak Republic, scholarship holders can contact their host institution or they can arrange these issues themselves. In case of applicants from abroad, the NSP does not cover travel costs related to arrival and departure from Slovakia. Changes of the monthly scholarship amount are in force since the call for applications with the application deadline!
a) university student (2nd level of higher education): 350 €
b) PhD student: 580 €
c) university teacher/researcher/artist without PhD degree (or its equivalent) and less than 4 years of experience as a university teacher/researcher/artist: 580 €
d) university teacher/researcher/artist: with PhD degree (or its equivalent) and less than 10 years of experience as a university teacher/researcher/artist: 850 €; with PhD degree (or its equivalent) and more than 10 years of experience as a university teacher/researcher/artist: 1 000 €
School(Institutions/ Country): | Slovak Republic
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): National Scholarship Programme is targeted for Citizens of the following countries are eligible to apply for a scholarship in the framework of the NSP: a) Member States of the European Union; b) other signatories to the Bologna Process (listed are only countries outside the EU) – Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Island, Kazakhstan, Liechtenstein, Republic of Macedonia, Moldova, Monte Negro, Norway, Russian Federation, Serbia (including Kosovo), Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, Vatican City; c) Belarus, Uzbekistan; d) Canada, Mexico, USA, countries of Latin and Central America; d) Australia, China (including Taiwan), Egypt, India, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Republic of Korea, New Zealand, Republic of South Africa, Thailand and Vietnam.
The following individuals are eligible applicants for National Scholarship Programme in the framework of the NSP:
A) Students, who are university students abroad and will be participating on a study stay in Slovakia within their 2nd level of higher education (or will be participating on a study stay in Slovakia at least during the 7th semester of their higher education, i.e. in case that they are students of a joined study programme – joined 1st and 2nd level of higher education) and who are accepted by a public, private or state university in the Slovak Republic to an academic mobility to study in the Slovak Republic;
B) PhD students, whose higher education or research preparation takes place abroad, and who are accepted by a public, private or state university or research organisation eligible to carry out a PhD study programme2 (e.g. Slovak Academy of Sciences) in the Slovak Republic to an academic mobility1 to study/conduct research in the Slovak Republic;
- Foreign university teachers, researchers or artists, who are invited by an organisation with a valid certificate of competence to carry out research and development seated in the Slovak Republic and which is not a business organisation to a teaching/research/artistic stay in the Slovak Republic.
Selection Criteria for National Scholarship Programme
‣ Selection Committee decides who will be awarded a scholarship in the framework of the NSP. The Committee is appointed by the Minister of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic. Decisions of the Committee are based on the documents attached to applicants’ on-line application.
It focuses on:
- reasons why the applicant decided to spend a part of his/her studies or his/her research/teaching/artistic stay at the respective host institution;
- detailed programme of applicant’s study/research/teaching/artistic stay and use of the acquired results in his/her future studies or research/teaching/artistic activities;
- applicant’s professional and personal qualities;
- study or research achievements;
- attitude of the host institution towards the applicant in Admission/Invitation Letter;
- overall quality of the submitted application.
‣ SAIA is obliged to announce the results within 8 weeks after the application deadline. Every scholarship holder will receive by post from SAIA a Letter of Award (confirmation on being awarded a scholarship in the framework of the NSP) and other documents with
information on and requirements for the settlement of scholarship payment.
Scholarship Application Method
- Application for university teachers, researchers and artists: 1 – 10 months – incoming to Slovakia
Students are allowed to submit (fill in) applications and the required attachments in Slovak or English language only (documents written in other languages must be officially translated into Slovak or English language – translation can be certified by the same institution that issued the respective document).PhD students, university teachers, researchers and artists are allowed to submit (fill in) applications in the following languages:Slovak language – in this case, all attached documents must be in Slovak or English language only;English language – in this case, all attached documents must be in Slovak or English language only;Russian language – in this case, all attached documents must be in Slovak, English or Russian language only.If the documents are issued in other than aforementioned languages, these documents must be officially translated into one of the aforementioned languages (translation can be certified by the same institution that issued the respective document).
Note: Please, try not to submit your application at the last moment. You must take into consideration that too many operations during the last minutes before the application deadline could have an influence on the reaction time of the on-line application system and you could miss the application deadline.
‣ Scholarship applications are submitted online.
‣ Original hard copy of the Admission/Invitation Letter from a Slovak higher education institution or research organisation can be sent by scholarship applicant’s host institution in Slovakia directly to SAIA in Bratislava (please, note that in this case, the scholarship applicant must have at least a scan of the document, so he/she is able to attach it into the on-line application; otherwise he/she will not be able to submit the application).
‣ For the submission of the document the same requirements apply as for other documents submitted as original hard copies.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: 31 October by 16:00 CET – scholarship stays during the summer semester of the running academic year; 30 April by 16:00 CET – scholarship stays during the following academic year.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.