SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
Applications are ongoing for the Skoll scholarship which provides an MBA enrollment opportunities to the University of Oxford. The Scholarships is deigned for international students intending to pursue their MBA degree at University of Oxford.
The Skoll Scholarship is a competitive scholarship for incoming MBA students who pursue entrepreneurial solutions for urgent social and environmental challenges. The Scholarship provides funding and exclusive opportunities to meet with world-renowned entrepreneurs, thought-leaders and investors. Once selected, these students are known as Skoll Scholars.
The Skoll Scholarship provides tuition for entrepreneurs who have set up or have been working in entrepreneurial ventures with a social purpose, and who wish to improve their knowledge of market-oriented practices so they can be more effective in their subsequent social change pursuits.
The Scholarship is given in recognition that the MBA may represent a significant financial burden, particularly for those who have chosen to work in social ventures rather than the commercial or public sectors.
Why apply to be a Skoll Scholar?
- Receive exclusive opportunities to meet with world-renowned entrepreneurs, thought-leaders, and investors
- Take your social impact to the next level
- Gain professional leadership and business skills
- Become part of the Skoll Scholar community, a group of leaders who are positively impacting the world through innovation and systems change
Could you be The next Skoll Scholar?
LEVEL/ FIELD OF STUDY:
The scholarship is an MBA scholarship at SAïD Business School
The scholarship is to be taken in UK at the University of Oxford
International students can apply for this scholarship
The scholarship covers Full tuition fee and partial living expense. And besides this, you will get to involve with Skoll scholar community as well as exclusive opportunities to meet with world-renowned entrepreneurs, thought leaders and investors.
Who Is Eligible For The Skoll MBA Scholarship at University of Oxford:
- Master enrollment students
- Have at least spend three years in entrepreneurship, investing, social change, social venture…
- Candidates will have used entrepreneurial approaches to identify opportunities, taken action to positively shift the status quo, and produced proven impact that contributes to rectifying unjust systems and practices in their chosen area of work.
- Have strong leadership skill and personality
- Demonstrate business education
How to apply For The Skoll MBA Scholarship at University of Oxford:
To apply for the Skoll Scholarship you first need to apply and be accepted onto the Saïd Business School’s MBA program. Follow the step here to apply for the scholarship :
Applying for the Skoll Scholarship
To apply for the Skoll Scholarship you first need to apply and be accepted onto the Saïd Business School’s MBA programme.
Follow these steps:
1. Connect with us to register your interest in the Scholarship and make sure you’re kept up to date with announcements about upcoming deadlines.
2. Apply for the MBA programme directly to Saïd Business School. You’ll need to do this during stages 1 and 2 of the MBA admissions process for the 2018-19 academic year. All the information about the programme and relevant deadlines can be found here.
3. Tick the “Skoll Scholarship” box when you submit your MBA application! You’ll find this under the “Scholarships” section of the application.
4. The MBA admissions team will assess your application to ensure you meet the academic requirements sought by the Saïd Business School. Then, if you are accepted onto the MBA programme, you will be eligible to apply for the Skoll Scholarship.
5. Once you’ve received confirmation that you have been accepted onto the MBA programme, keep an eye on your emails as the Skoll Centre will send you a link to the Scholarship online application. See timelines below to know when to expect this.
6. Complete the Skoll Scholarship online application. This consists of a series of short essay questions asking about your experience as an entrepreneur, your social impact, and why you believe you are a strong candidate for the scholarship.
7. That’s it! The Skoll Centre will then consider your candidacy for the Scholarship and advise you accordingly. If your written application is successful, you’ll be invited to join a Skype interview with the Skoll Scholarship Selection Committee. If you are successful after your skype interview, you will be invited to interview in person in Oxford. (Please see below for the steps and timelines of each interview stage; and please be aware you may be invited to further interviews if necessary.)
We encourage you to apply to the MBA as early as possible. If you have applied during stage 2, but the decision on your MBA application has been pushed back by the School’s Admissions Team you will need to let us know if you still want to be eligible for the Skoll Scholarship. We will decide on a case by case basis if you are eligible to continue with the Scholarship application process.
Important things to note
- We cannot consider candidates who have not been accepted by the Saïd Business School for the MBA.
- We typically award up to five Scholarships per year.
- Please note, should your application be successful, a deposit is required in order to secure your place on the MBA programme. However, deposit deadlines will be extended to those who advance throughout the Skoll Scholarship selection process. This will be coordinated with the Admissions Team.
- Please do not request the Skoll Scholarship application from the Admissions Team – you will receive it from the Skoll Centre following your acceptance to the MBA programme.
- If you have further questions about the application process, please check our FAQs. If you still have questions, you can contact us at, email@example.com and we’ll do our best to help.
Candidates must apply to the Oxford MBA programme during specific stages of the School’s application rounds to be considered for the Skoll Scholarship.
Timelines for the 2018-19 academic year are as follows:
|Apply for the Oxford Saïd MBA during stages 1 or 2||Apply by 5 January 2018 (at the latest)|
|MBA final decision from Oxford Saïd||9 March 2018 (at the latest)|
|Skoll Scholarship online application sent to candidates||12 March 2018|
|Skoll Scholarship online application deadline||25 March 2018|
|Skoll Scholarship skype interview decision announced||9 April 2018|
|Skype interviews||Mid-April 2018 (to be confirmed)|
|In person interviews in Oxford||Mid-June 2018 (to be confirmed)|
|Skoll Scholarship final decision||20 June 2018|
Deadline: January annually
Official website: http://skollscholarship.org/about/