SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Symbiosis International University (SIU) and Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) are offering a joint scholarship program to foreign students from developing nations. Scholarships are awarded to an undergraduate and a postgraduate student in a full-time program conducted by any of the constituent institutes of Symbiosis International University.
Symbiosis International University is a private coeducational, multi-institutional university located in Pune, Maharashtra, India. It has been given official recognition by the UGC and the AICTE.
English Proficiency Test is mandatory for all the foreign nationals/ OCI/ PIO applicants of Symbiosis International University where English is used as the medium of communication and instruction.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing full-time undergraduate and a postgraduate programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship covers full tuition/ academic fee waiver and accommodation and food stipend as per SIU-ICCR norms. The average value of the scholarship depends on the program undertaken by the student at the Institute.
Number of Scholarships:
Undergraduate Program – 01
Postgraduate Program – 01
Scholarship can be taken in India
Eligibility: SIU–ICCR Joint Scholarship is only for ‘Foreign Nationals’ of developing countries (Person of Indian Origin (PIO) and Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) card holders are not eligible to apply for this scholarship). The student must
- Hold a valid foreign passport
- Have obtained more than 75% as a qualifying grade in 12th Std. (in case of Undergraduate programs) and 60% of a qualifying grade in Graduation (in the case of Postgraduate programs).
Nationality: Deserving foreign national students from developing countries are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous degree.
Test Requirement: Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET Exam 2017) is a common written test for admission to undergraduate and postgraduate courses at institutes of Symbiosis International University.
English Language Requirement:
- The student can also opt for IELTS (International English Language Testing System (IELTS) which is organized by the British Council. The student should appear for the Academic version of the IELTS test. The minimum score required is 6 out of 9.
- International English Language Assessment (IELA) Test is conducted by English Language Teaching Institute of Symbiosis (ELTIS) which measures students’ ability to communicate in English across the language skills of vocabulary, grammar, reading and writing. The minimum score required is band 4 out of 6. The test is based on general English. It is not necessary for the candidates to study any particular textbooks or reference books. You can register for IELA while applying online through the SCIE website.
How to Apply: For admission & scholarship for programs, please write to Prof. Anita Patankar, Deputy Director, Symbiosis Centre for International Education (SCIE), Symbiosis International University. The following criteria will be applicable for evaluating the application:
- Academic Transcripts to support the record of sustained academic excellence.
- Statement of Purpose: A description of yourself, highlighting personal qualities, assets and liabilities that you feel will influence your education. Describe what you feel is your most important professional/academic achievement till date. Your goals & objectives of studying at Symbiosis International University (SIU). How will the University benefit have you as a student? (Word Limit 1000 words)
- Two Letters of Recommendation: The letter must be written by a teacher/ Principal who knows the student for a period of at least two years. The letter must mention the capacity and the duration in which he/she has known the student. The letter should attest the student’s character, capabilities and the track record of achievements and excellence through leadership roles. The recommendation has to be on the School / College/ Institute letterhead and duly signed along with the official stamp and seal of the School/ College/ Institute.
- Specific Eligibility Criteria: Students must verify the specific eligibility for a program for which he/she is applying including English language requirement.
Application Deadline: Contact Employer