Sinclair Broadcast Diversity Scholarship
College students who are interested in broadcasting, journalism, and marketing, have an opportunity to receive “The Sinclair Broadcast Diversity Scholarship Fund” that is sponsored by Sinclair Broadcast Group. The scholarship is open to those students who are attending an accredited four-year undergraduate college or university, carrying a minimum 2.50 cumulative GPA (or its equivalent) at the time of application. The scholarship designed to provide financial support to college students interested in broadcasting, journalism, and marketing. Award up to 10 scholarships of up to $5,000 each will be given to the winning candidates.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is one of the largest and most diversified television broadcasting companies in the country. Sinclair owns and operates programs or provides sales services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all the major networks. In addition, Sinclair is the leading local news provider in the country, as well as a producer of sports content.
To be eligible for a Sinclair Broadcast Diversity Scholarship, an applicant must be:
- A U.S. citizen
- A college sophomore or junior (scholarships will be applied to applicant’s junior or senior year, respectively)
- A member of one of the ethnic groups listed in the application
- Attending an accredited four-year undergraduate college or university
- Studying in the areas of broadcasting, journalism, or marketing; and
- Carrying a minimum 2.50 cumulative GPA (or its equivalent) at the time of application.
How to Apply:
- To be applying for the scholarship applicants must write an essay on a specified topic (500 words or less)
- Sign Up by entering your email address and password. You will then be taken to the application form through the given link: https://webportalapp.com/appform/login/sinclairscholarship
To apply, students must be ready to submit the following
- Contact information
- Education information
- Qualification for financial aid
- Cover letter (must explain personal background, financial need, and career goals in 300 words or less)
- Essay on a specified topic (500 words or less)
- Two (2) work samples (such as articles, video/audio clips, photos, personal website, or other relevant project)
- Names and contact information for two References, including one teacher reference; • Unofficial College Transcript
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The Fund plans to award up to 10 scholarships of up to $5,000 each per year for the next ten years.
Applications will no longer be accepted after 11:59 p.m. on March 31st, 2017.
Link for More Information:
For information regarding scholarship program, please email your questions to: scholarshipquestions-at-sbgtv.com