SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Applicants are currently been invited to apply for the Shuttleworth Fellowship Program for International Fellows, and Applications for the March fellowship intake closes 15 October & for 1 September fellowship intake closes 1 May. Interested applicants must ensure that they comply with the eligibility criteria as listed and also complete submission before the stated deadline.
‣ The Foundation offers Shuttleworth Fellowship to individuals to implement their innovative idea for social change.
‣ We are most interested in exceptional ideas at the intersection between openness, technology, knowledge and learning. Ideas that would really move the dial on access to global knowledge, social and economic development.
‣ The fellowship is not an academic fellowship aimed at research or academic study. Applicants should be social change agents who push boundaries and challenge accepted norms.
‣ They need not have all the answers, but should ask the right questions in a practical context. Fellows are expected to commit 100% of their time and attention to the focus area selected for their fellowship.
‣ The fellowship aims to free up the time of the Fellow to pursue their ideas in this area.
‣ The Fellow must submit any outside work, volunteer or otherwise, that they may want to conduct whilst on a Foundation Fellowship, to the Foundation for approval.
‣ Fellows are required to attend the bi-annual Fellows gatherings.
School(Institutions/ Country): | Fellows work from where they are, with an open door to visit the Foundation’s head office in Cape Town, South Africa.
Level: Fellowships ( This is one year fellowship programme available for individuals to implement their innovative idea for social change)
Field(s): The Foundation offers fellowships to individuals to implement their innovative idea for social change. Foundation is most interested in exceptional ideas at the intersection between openness, technology, knowledge and learning. Ideas that would really move the dial on access to global knowledge, social and economic development.
Deadline: Deadline: Applications for the March fellowship intake closes15 October & for 1 September fellowship intake closes 1 May.
|Funded By: Shuttleworth Foundation Trust|
Beneficiaries(Target Groups):Shuttleworth Fellowship is targeted for International applicants.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration:This Shuttleworth Fellowship is awarded for one year with the possibility of renewal based on reapplication.
‣ Scholarship covers: The equivalent of a year’s salary, a contribution towards expenses plus access to a travel allowance. In addition, the Fellow will have access to potential project funding from the Foundation, who will match the Fellow’s personal investment in projects by at least ten fold. The total grant amount will be based on the Fellow’s qualifications, experience and comparable cost of time for their skill level.
‣ Anyone who has an innovative idea for social change through fresh thinking that adds value in the areas of knowledge, learning and technology.
‣ Anyone who has a clear vision of how the world can be a better place and the contribution they can make to bringing about the change.
‣ The Shuttleworth Fellowship is not limited to any specific geographic location. However, applicants must be fluent in English.
‣ Fellowship applicants must have attained the age of majority by the date of application.
‣ Fellowship applications are reviewed by the Shuttleworth Foundation management team and advisers. Shortlisted candidates are invited for interviews.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applicants are required to apply via online.
Get StartedWe invite individuals with a fresh approach to solving a social challenge, using openness, to apply to our Fellowship Program.
Applicants may choose to make their application public at any time. You are most welcome to do so.
For those who choose not to, your application will remain private in its entirety within the Foundation and its immediate support network until such time as you may be offered a Fellowship. At that point, we will have a conversation on how best to share information about you as a Fellow in the interest of openness.
Applicants who choose to make their application public do not have a specific advantage over those who choose not to do so during the selection process.In order to keep your application private, you may choose to protect your video submission with a password.
Please submit the password along with the video link via our secure application form.No partial applications will be considered.
A full application comprises of
- this online application form
- your application video – not longer than 5 minutes
- your resume
- Please use no more that 1500 characters per essay question
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: Applications for the March fellowship intake closes15 October & for 1 September fellowship intake closes 1 May.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.