Shoprite Bursary Applications
Applications are currently going for the Shoprite Bursary for south African students for the 2019 academic session.
The Shoprite Group are on the lookout for students who would like to work for one of the biggest retail companies in South Africa. If you are trying to find a lifetime opportunity and also a company in that you may grow and understand a wide selection of inspirational brands, then this bursary might just be for you personally. Shoprite presents brilliant chances for the employees and has a passion for its staff and customers!
This Bursary Scheme is geared toward attracting and financing future Sophisticated Developers (programmers) that possess a passion and a vision to ensuring dynamic outputs in an area known for ongoing change.
Back in 1979, the Shoprite Group was founded in a little town in South Africa by the purchase of 8 Cape Town-based supermarkets. Now, Shop-Rite operates over 270 stores across 16 countries in Africa and the Indian Ocean Islands.
The Business also possesses nearly 2, 000 corporate shops for example Checkers, Checkers Hyper, Checkers Liquor, Checkers MediRite, Ok Furniture, Ok Express, House & Home, Hungry Lion, Shop-Rite Liquor, Shop-Rite MediRite, and Usave.
Besides the corporate shops, The Shoprite Group additionally have 367 franchise brands shops around South Africa and Namibia, such as Friendly Stores, Friendly Liquor, Megasave, Ok Foods, Ok Minimark, Ok Grocer, Ok value, Sentra and Enjoy.
What You Need To Know About Shoprite Bursaries South Africa
LEVEL/ FIELD OF STUDY
Bursaries are available within the following fields of study:
- Accounting (CA Stream)
- Information Technology
- Retail Management/ Hospitality Management
This Scholarship is to be taken in SOUTH AFRICA. If you are an international student and you wish to study in the UK, this is for you Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
The Bursary is open to all South African students to study in any of the country university. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The bursary ranges from R30 000 to R60 000, depending on the course of study and institution. They aim to cover tuition fees, prescribed books and an allowance for accommodation.
Please note that there is a mandatory work-back requirement – for every year that you are covered by the bursary programme, you will work at Shoprite for the equal amount of time.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – should you not receive feedback within 30 days, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Shoprite Bursaries For South African Students ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Currently, in Matric AND have obtained a minimum average of 70% for first semester OR
- Currently studying within one of the aforementioned fields of study AND have obtained a minimum average of 60% for the first semester
- Accounting students: studying towards a BCompt/ Bachelors of Accounting, leading to CTA and qualifying for a registered articles program (1st year/ 2nd year/ 3rd year/ Honours)
- Information Technology students: studying towards a BSc in Computer Science/ Statistics/ Mathematical Science/ Data Science (1st year/ 2nd year/ 3rd year)
- Logistics students: studying towards a BComm in Logistics (Quantitative Management)/ BSc in Operational Research or related qualification (1st year/ 2nd year/ 3rd year)
- Retail/ Hospitality Management students: National Diploma:Retail Business or equivalent (1st year/ 2nd year/ 3rd year/ B-Tech)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY|shoprite bursary application form
Applications must be done online at https://shoprite-bursary.erecruit.co/candidateapp/Jobs/Browse/
You will first be required to Register an account on the Shoprite Careers portal here: https://shoprite-bursary.erecruit.co/candidateapp/Register
Once you have created an account, you may log in here: https://shoprite-bursary.erecruit.co/candidateapp/Login
You may be required to submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation when applying online (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy of)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric
- Latest tertiary academic record, if at tertiary level
Shoprite Bursary for South Africans Deadline
31 January 2019.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Shoprite Holdings directly:
Tel: 021 980 4000
*Read the FAQ’s before contacting Shoprite: https://shoprite-bursary.erecruit.co/candidateapp/Content/FAQ-s_-_Applying_for_a_Bursary
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- 20 High School Scholarships in Canada 2019
- Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (DAFF) Bursary Awards 2019 For South Africans
- GRAL Labex Master Scholarship Program in France, 2019-2020
- University of Witwatersrand PhD Scholarship at, Johannesburg in South Africa, 2019
- TATA AFRICAN SCHOLARSHIPS IN SCIENCE,ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY 2019
- MIB Enrolment Award at Monash South Africa, 2019
- Kader Asmal Fellowship South Africa 2019
- 15 Cheapest Universities in Johannesburg: Tuition fees, Courses, and Ranking
- List of South African Scholarships 2019-2020- APPLY
- MSc & PhD Scholarship at University of South Africa, 2019