Shell Scholarship for Nigerian Students 2019-2020
A SEARCH FOR SHELL SCHOLARSHIP.COM
You would have landed here because you have searched for ShellScholarship.com,
This post contains the right information you have been looking for and how you can become a beneficiary of the Shell SPDC Undergraduate scholarship for Nigerians.
Just read through and you would be on your way to claiming your share of the 150k shell gives to outstanding students annually till graduation.
Education, as all parents and guardians admit, is a long-term investment with an equally long gestation period, but it is one of the best legacies to bequeath to individuals, groups and society.
That has been the belief of Shell Nigeria since 1952. In 2014, $14.8 million was invested in scholarships by the Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) and Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company (SNEPCo).
About SPDC Scholarship
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Operator of the NNPC/SPDC /TEPNG/AGIP Joint Venture) invites applications from suitably qualified full-time Nigerian students admitted in the 2019-2020 academic session to apply for the Shell Scholarship 2019.
Shell Undergraduate Scholarship for Students in Nigerian Universities is one of the current scholarships for Nigerian undergraduates. Thus it is classified into two categories: National Merit Award (NM) and Areas of Operation Merit Award (OM).
NOTE: Our Scholarship Award Winning Ebook (worth $50) is up for grab, if you’re reading this article, you stand a chance to win one of our Scholarship Ebook. Read through for eligibility on how to get our scholarship ebook for free.
World Scholarship Forum popular searched Scholarships 2019
- 2019/2020 Fully Funded Scholarships
- ICCR Scholarships 2019-2020
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships 2019-2020
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries 2019-2020
- Scholarships For Developing Countries 2019-2020
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS 2019-2020
- List of Top 10 Mechanical Engineering Colleges in the World 2019
Don’t miss any of these Scholarship opportunities. You can open any of these opportunities on a new tab.
What You Need to Know About Shell Scholarship 2019
Every year, more than 4,000 Nigerian undergraduates write aptitude tests to join the evergrowing list of students which Shell Nigeria supports in Nigerian Universities. The applicants are shortlisted on the basis of the national SSCE and JAMB examination results. This is followed by an aptitude test at the PortHarcourt, Warri, Enugu, Lagos and Abuja centres.
There are two categories of the Shell Scholarship Scheme, Only first-year students are eligible for the awards in both categories.
The merit-based Shell scholarships are in two categories:
- The National Merit Award (NM) and – open to Nigerian undergraduates
- The Areas of Operation Merit Award – open to indigenes of SPDC’s operational areas in Abia, Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers States.
An average of 16,000 applicants responds to advertisements by Shell Nigeria every year, inviting qualified candidates to apply for the scholarships which are tenable only in Nigerian Universities.
Level/Field of Study
The shell scholarship for undergraduate is intended for Undergraduate Students. The shell scholarship covers all the field offered at Nigerian Universities.
The Shell Nigeria Scholarship is taken and hosted in Nigerian Universities. There are plenty of scholarships you can acquire abroad if you wish to study in any country of your choice. Check out our Scholarship by country and Study Abroad scholarships.
The Shell Petroleum Scholarship is only available to Nigerians. A must read if you want to win this award: 15 Important Tips on Winning a Scholarship.
Aside from the Shell Nigeria Scholarship 2019, there are other scholarships available to international students to study abroad. You can check our scholarship by country(Link Above) to access all scholarships available.
The annual grant from the SPDC JV for the full duration of your course. The 4000 winners will receive N150,000 throughout the duration of their course.
Eligibilities for Shell Nigeria Scholarship 2019
Eligible Applicants must:
- Be citizens of Nigeria, currently enrolled in an accredited and approved university in Nigeria.
- Have gained admission during the 2019-2020 academic session, and pursuing a first-degree programme.
- Have a minimum of seven O/Levels credits, including Mathematics and English.
- Be enrolled full‐time, in a university in Nigeria at the undergraduate level with a minimum grade point average of 2.5 at the time of application (attach transcripts or official records).
How to Apply for Shell Scholarships for Nigerian Students |How to apply for shell scholarship 2019
The application is entirely FREE of charge.
- All applicants should have their personal valid email accounts (for consistent communication).
- Candidates who meet the above entry qualifications should apply online at www.shellnigeria.com and provide the required personal and educational details, and load scanned copies of the following:
- A recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant (i.e. jpeg format, not more than 200kilobytes);
- University or JAMB (UTME or D/E) Admission Letter;
- Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) Scores;
- ‘O’ Level Result(s); and ‘A’ Level /OND /NCE Result(s) as applicable; and
- Letter of Identification from State (showing Local Government) of Origin.
- Scanned copies of letters of identification, (which must be duly stamped and signed) by:
- The Paramount Ruler of the Community; and
- The Chairman of the Community Development or Executive Council (CDC or CEC) is also required of applicants for the Operational Area Awards (OM). The letters should be addressed to The Manager, Social Investment, Shell Petroleum Development Company, Prodeco 5, Room 10, Shell Industrial Area, Rumubiakani, Port Harcourt.
- For more details visit the Shell Development Official website or Download Pdf for more Details
Sponsors: Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Operator of the NNPC/SHELL /TEPN/AGIP Joint Venture)
Shell scholarship 2019 Application Deadline
- Application opens on October 2nd, 2019 and closes November 12th, 2019.
Offered annually? Yes
Shell Scholarship Application Portal
Click on the link below for the shell scholarship 2019 application form
Meanwhile, there are other Lists of undergraduate scholarships available for Nigerian Undergraduates like MTN Foundation Scholarship, Exxon-Mobil scholarship, TOTAL E&P Scholarship, NNPC / ADDAX Scholarships etc.
- Shell DOES NOT DEMAND PAYMENT FROM APPLICANTS. The application is entirely FREE of charge.
- Shell DOES NOT ASSIGN ‘ Representatives’ /’Agents’ to assist applicants’ process applications.
- Applications should be submitted online before November 12th 2019.
- There will be no selection test (selection is based on combined academic performance) and ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Eligibility for winning our scholarship EBook
Get our Scholarship Ebook for free now, indicate interest in the comment section and the Ebook will be sent to you. This offer is for the first 50 people.
- MSc Scholarships for Nigerian Students to Study at Oxford University 2019/2020
- Top 20 Best International scholarships for Nigerian Students 2019-2020
- Ongoing Scholarships in Nigeria 2019 [UPDATED]
- ONGOING: BEA Awards for Nigerians to Study Abroad, 2019-2020 -APPLY
- MTN Foundation Scholarships 2019-2020 for Nigerian Students
- List of Postgraduate Scholarships for Nigerians 2019-2020
- NNPC / ADDAX Scholarships for Nigerian Undergraduates 2019-2020
- 2019 Jim Ovia Scholars Program for Nigerian Students
- Shell Maintenance Technician Scholarship in Singapore, 2019/2020
- Seplat Petroleum Development Company Graduate Scheme 2019
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
World Scholarship Forum
Looking for Shell Scholarship, here is the full procedure for application of Shell Scholarship 2019 for Nigerian undergraduate students.