Last updated on February 13th, 2018 at 02:22 pm
Sheffield Hallam University applications for fully funded PhD scholarships is ongoing across a range of subject areas. These scholarships are open to UK/EU and international students commencing studies.
About the Award: Sheffield Hallam University is offering a range of PhD scholarships starting in March 2018:
- Fully-funded scholarships – covering your tuition fees (at UK/EU levels) and maintenance at Research Council UK levels, for three years of full-time study commencing in 1st October 2018.
- Fully-funded collaborative scholarships – for projects which are funded by external partners such as the CRESR fully funded ESRC and NCOV PhD studentship as part of the ESRC White Rose Doctoral Training Partnership. It will cover your tuition fees (at UK/EU levels) and maintenance at Research Council UK levels for three years of full-time study, commencing in 1st October 2018.
- Part-time, fees only scholarships – covering your tuition fees (at UK/EU levels) for five years of part-time study commencing in 1st October 2018.
Graduate Teaching Assistantship (GTA)
- These programmes are designed to develop the future generation of academics through teaching assistance. They included teacher training experience and up to six hours’ contact time with undergraduate students each week. These scholarships cover your tuition fees (at UK/EU levels) and maintenance at Research Council UK levels, for three years of full-time study commencing in 1st October 2018.
Offered annually? Yes. Sheffield Hallam University applications for fully funded PhD scholarships is announced and presnted annually within the month of March and studentship commences in October of the same year.
Eligible Countries: UK/EU/International
To be taken at (country): UK
Fields of Study: Sheffield Hallam University applications for fully funded PhD scholarships is offered to PhD students on the following field
- Art and Design
- Biomolecular sciences
- Centre for Health and Social Care Research (CHSCR)
- Centre for Regional Economic and Social Research (CRESR)
- Engineering Graduate Teaching Assistantships
- Media and Communications
- Sheffield Business School
- Sport and Physical Activity
- All applicants should hold a strong undergraduate degree (2.1 or above) and/or a relevant masters qualification (or expectation of the same).
- University scholarships in most disciplines are open to home/EU and international applicants. However, the shortfall between international and Home/EU fees will not be covered by the scholarship and another funding source will have to be identified by international applicants to cover this.
- Part-time scholarships are open to home/EU applicants only.
- GTA scholarships are open to home/EU applicants only.
- While teaching experience is desirable for GTA applicants, successful candidates will have the opportunity to develop their higher education teaching skills through training, practice and mentoring.
- Candidates who already hold a PhD offer from Sheffield Hallam University (to start in September 2018) are eligible to apply for a scholarship.
- Currently enrolled PhD students are not eligible.
- International students must provide evidence that they meet the minimum IELTS requirements appropriate for their field of study. These are detailed in the subject specific scholarship opportunities.
Number of Awardees: 30
Value of Scholarship: Fully funded as well as partially-funded scholarships are available
Application Deadline: 8th March 2018
Award Provider: Sheffield Hallam University