Starting with the academic year 2019, Science Foundation Ireland (SFI) initiates the SFI Industry Fellowship for Irish applicants. The fellowship is provided in the field of industry to explore the enhance industry-academia collaborations in Ireland.
The purpose of the SFI Industry Fellowship Programme 2019 is to enhance industry-academia collaborations through the funding of collaborative industry-academia research projects and to stimulate excellence through knowledge exchange and training of engineers and scientists.
Science Foundation Ireland (SFI) funds oriented basic and applied research in the areas of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM), which promotes and assists the development and competitiveness of the industry, enterprise and employment in Ireland.
What You Need To Know About The SFI Industry Fellowship for Research in Ireland
NOTE: Our Scholarship Award Winning Ebook (worth $50) is up for grab, if you’re reading this article, you stand a chance to win one of our Scholarship Ebook. Read through for eligibility on how to get our scholarship ebook for free.
World Scholarship Forum popular searched Scholarships 2019
- 2019/2020 Fully Funded Scholarships
- ICCR Scholarships 2019-2020
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships 2019-2020
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries 2019-2020
- Scholarships For Developing Countries 2019-2020
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS 2019-2020
- List of Top 10 Mechanical Engineering Colleges in the World 2019
Don’t miss any of these Scholarship opportunities. You can open any of these opportunities on a new tab.
Level / Field of Study
The fellowship is available to pursue research in the field of industry-academia. There are other scholarship opportunities one can utilize in 2019, browse through our Undergraduate scholarship category, Masters Scholarship category and PhD scholarship category to get more detailed information.
The scholarship is being taken in Ireland. There are other Ireland Scholarships available for International students in 2019. You can utilize these scholarship opportunities to solve most of your academics problems. Check out other scholarships you can apply for in 2019 to study in Europe, Africa, Asia, America, etc.
These fellowships are available for Irish applicants. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
Aside from this SFI Industry Fellowship Programme, there are other scholarships available to international students to study abroad. You can check our scholarship by country to access all scholarships available.
The fellowship will cover the following
- Fellowships can have a duration between 1 and 12 months if full-time, and between 2 and 24 months if part-time. The maximum Industry Fellowship award amount is €100,000 direct costs.
SFI Industry Fellowship for Research in Ireland Eligibility
Applicants must meet the following area for the fellowship:
- All Applicants must hold a PhD or equivalent. 10 Please consult the SFI Policy of PhD Equivalence11 for further information. Note that the PhD must have been fully awarded at the time of application. The official date is defined as the day, month and year that the degree was conferred, i.e. the month and year printed on the official PhD certificate. Verification of this official date by the awarding research body must be available upon request.
- For Academia to Industry fellowships, all Applicants must be:
- A permanent member of the academic staff (“Faculty) of an eligible Irish Research Body, or
- A past or current contract postdoctoral researcher in an eligible Irish Research Body, or
- The holder of a PhD degree awarded by an eligible Irish Research Body.
- The Academic Fellow is always the Applicant and, if successful, the grant holder of the Industry Fellowship award.
- The Academic Fellow remains an employee of the Research Body at all times, including during the Placement.
- Proposals are not accepted from Applicants who wish to be hosted in an organisation in which they have a financial interest or hold a decision-making role (see Section 13 – Disclosure of Conflict of Interest).
- Only one Fellowship application per Applicant is permitted.
- Academic Fellows who have been previously funded through the Industry Fellowship programme are not eligible to apply to be based at the same Industry Partner
College Admission Requirement: Entrance Requirement: Applicants should hold a PhD or equivalent degree.
How to Apply for Ireland Entrepreneurship Fellowship Program
- Applicants can apply via online mode.
- All proposals are to be submitted via SESAME, SFI’s online grants and awards management system.
SFI Industry Fellowship 2019 Application Deadline
The SFI Industry Fellowship application deadline closes annually on 23rd November
SFI Industry Fellowship 2019 Application Link
Interested applicants can fill the Online application form
Get more information about the scholarship from the Scholarship Link
Eligibility for winning our scholarship EBook
Get our Scholarship Ebook for free now, indicate interest in the comment section and the Ebook will be sent to you. This offer is for the first 50 people.
- 2019 Archbishop Tutu Fellowship for Young African Leaders
- Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program for Ghana Students 2019-2020
- Cardiff University: Center of Law and Society Research Visitor Fellowship 2019
- Fully-funded Kader Asmal MSc Fellowships in Ireland 2019-2020
- United Nations University Fellowship for Developing Countries 2019
- Post-Doc Fellowship at the Technical University of Munich in Germany, 2019-2020
- Stanford University Scholarships Opportunities for International Students, 2019-2020(SHARE)
- Cifar Azrieli Global Scholars Research Program for International Students in Canada, 2019
- UNESCO-IHE’s Netherlands Fellowship Programmes 2019
- University of Oxford-THIS Institute Postdoctoral Fellowships for Students in UK, 2019