SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Starting with the academic year 2018, Science Foundation Ireland (SFI) initiates the SFI Industry Fellowship for Irish applicants. The fellowship is provided in the field of industry to explore the enhance industry-academia collaborations in Ireland.
The purpose of the Industry Fellowship Programme 2018 is to enhance industry-academia collaborations through the funding of collaborative industry-academia research projects and to stimulate excellence through knowledge exchange and training of engineers and scientists.
Science Foundation Ireland (SFI) funds oriented basic and applied research in the areas of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM), which promotes and assists the development and competitiveness of the industry, enterprise and employment in Ireland.
What You Need To Know About The SFI Industry Fellowship for Research in Ireland
Level / Field of Study:
The fellowship is available to pursue research in the field of industry-academia.
Scholarship is be taken in Ireland. If you are an international student and you wish to study in UK , this is for you Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
These fellowships are available for Irish applicants. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The fellowship will cover the following:
- Fellowships can have a duration between 1 and 12 months if full-time, and between 2 and 24 months if part-time. The maximum Industry Fellowship award amount is €100,000 direct costs.
SFI Industry Fellowship for Research in Ireland Eligibility:
Applicants must meet the following area for the fellowship:
- All Applicants must hold a PhD or equivalent. 10 Please consult the SFI Policy of PhD Equivalence11 for further information. Note that the PhD must have been fully awarded at the time of application. The official date is defined as the day, month and year that the degree was conferred, i.e. the month and year printed on the official PhD certificate. Verification of this official date by the awarding research body must be available upon request.
- For Academia to Industry fellowships, all Applicants must be:
- A permanent member of the academic staff (“Faculty) of an eligible Irish Research Body, or
- A past or current contract postdoctoral researcher in an eligible Irish Research Body, or
- The holder of a PhD degree awarded by an eligible Irish Research Body.
- The Academic Fellow is always the Applicant and, if successful, the grant holder of the Industry Fellowship award.
- The Academic Fellow remains an employee of the Research Body at all times, including during the Placement.
- Proposals are not accepted from Applicants who wish to be hosted in an organisation in which they have a financial interest or hold a decision-making role (see Section 13 – Disclosure of Conflict of Interest).
- Only one Fellowship application per Applicant is permitted.
- Academic Fellows who have been previously funded through the Industry Fellowship programme are not eligible to apply to be based at the same Industry Partner
College Admission Requirement: Entrance Requirement: Applicants should hold a PhD or equivalent degree.
How to Apply The SFI Industry Fellowship for Research in Ireland
- Applicants can apply via online mode.
- All proposals are to be submitted via SESAME, SFI’s online grants and awards management system.
Application Deadline: 23rd November 2018