CEU IAS Senior and Junior Core Fellowship Applications in Hungary are now available and interested persons are encouraged to apply ,and application submission will continue till 22 September 2017 .Fellowships are available in all research areas of the social sciences and humanities. All applicants are reminded to ensure they comply with the eligibility criteria as listed.
‣ Along with similar institutes in Europe and elsewhere, the CEU Institute for Advanced Study aims to provide a peaceful yet intellectually stimulating environment for outstanding post-doctoral scholars within the humanities and the social sciences to work on their own research projects.
‣ CEU IAS hosts around 20-25 international fellows annually. The Institute offers weekly seminars and discussions, invites guest speakers, and arranges other forms of intellectual exchange within the group of fellows and between the fellows and other researchers working in Hungary.
School(Institutions/ Country): | Hungary
Level: Fellowship is awarded to pursue research program
Field(s): Fellowships are available in all research areas of the social science and humanities, broadly defined
Deadline: 11:59 p.m. (CET) on September 22, 2017.
Funded By: The CEU Institute for Advanced Study (CEU IAS)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): CEU IAS Senior and Junior Core Fellowship is targeted forapplicants of all nationalities.
‣ Award No: Each year institute receives over 500 applications for the approximately 15 spots available.
|‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowship is awarded to researchers every year. Fellowships run for the full 9-month period (Oct-June), for the 3-month “short fall semester”, the 5-months “long fall semester” (Oct-February) or the 6-month spring semester (Jan-June).|
‣ Scholarship covers: CEU IAS Senior and Junior Core Fellowship Scholars at CEU IAS receive accommodation in the Raoul Wallenberg Guesthouse and a monthly stipend. Fellows are expected to reside in Budapest during their fellowship year, participate in the intellectual life of the Institute and pursue their research agenda. Senior fellows receive a net monthly stipend of 2,500 Euros and junior fellows receive a net monthly stipend of 1,400 Euros to help support their stay in Budapest.
Have what what it takes to avail CEU IAS Senior and Junior Core Fellowship ?
‣ Applicants must hold a PhD or equivalent in the social sciences or humanities at the time of their application.
‣ Only those with publications in internationally recognized scholarly outlets are encouraged to apply.
‣ Junior fellows must have a PhD degree issued in 2007 or later.
‣ Candidates who obtained their Ph.D. before 2007 are considered “senior” and must apply for a senior fellowship. Candidates with PhDs more recent than 2007 may opt to be considered for a senior fellowship instead of (but not in addition to) a junior fellowship.
‣ Full time CEU employees and students are not eligible to apply for 6 years after the ending of their studies/contract (degrees must be received and contracts must have ended by December 31, 2008 or earlier).
‣ Part time/temporary employees of CEU are not eligible for 3 years after their contract ended (their contract must have ended by December 31, 2011 or earlier).
‣ All nationalities are encouraged to apply for this type of fellowship.
‣ They have no thematic restrictions (other than expecting proposals in the social sciences and humanities only).
‣ Recent (past 5 years) fellows of CEU IAS or Collegium Budapest are eligible to apply but will only be considered in exceptional cases.
‣ Applicants are expected to be able to communicate fluently in English as this is the working language of the Institute and the CEU.
Selection Criteria for CEU IAS Senior and Junior Core Fellowship
‣ Fellows are chosen through a rigorous selection process, which includes pre-selection and peer reviews as well as a final decision made by an independent, interdisciplinary Selection Committee.
‣ The Selection Committee will primarily consider the quality of the research proposal as well as the applicant’s proven track record and promise of scholarly productivity.
‣ Applicants will be notified when their applications have been received, and will be notified of the result of the evaluation process by the end of March 2015.
Scholarship Application Method
You must use our online application system to apply for the Core Fellowships.
All applications must be submitted through our online application system.
Step 1: Create a single pdf file no larger than 12 MBs containing all your application package.
Your application package should contain the following documents:
A cover letter
- The abstract of your research project (max. 150 words)
- A description of your research project (min. 1,000 – max. 2,500 words; the reference list is not included in the word count)
- A CV including a list of up to 5 (in case of junior applicants) and up to 15 (in the case of senior applicants) of your most important publications. For junior applicants ONLY: the name and email address of two referees (for potential reference).
Step 2: Go to the Application Form for the Academic Year 2018/19 at the IAS CEU website at https://ias.ceu.edu/content/application-form-201819 , and fill in all your data as required. Do not forget to upload your application file in the specified section!
Please note that you cannot save your work and continue filling in the form at a later time, so you are asked to submit your application when you have all information and materials ready!Incomplete forms, or applications submitted in any other way than through the webform will not be considered.
Please also note that if you wish to apply for more than one fellowship types, you should fill in and upload a separate application for each (choosing the relevant category each time in “Fellowship type”)
All applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. (CET) on September 22, 2017.
Applicants will be notified when their applications have been received. Successful candidates will be informed between February and March 2018. All others will be notified of the result of the evaluation process by the end of March, 2018 the latest. We will not share reviews with the applicants. For further information regarding your application and for more info on IAS CEU, please visit: http://ias.ceu.edu. Questions and comments may be sent to IAS_applications@ceu.edu. CEU is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 11:59 p.m. (CET) on September 22, 2017.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.