Applications are now been accepted for the Scuola Normale Superiore International Ph.D. Scholarships 2020 – Italy, eligible persons are by this notice charged to hurry and apply for this program
Field of Study:
PhD Program in the following fields: Cultures and societies of contemporary Europe, Literature, Art and History in Medieval and Modern Europe, Philosophy, Classics, Physics, Mathematics, Financial Mathematics, Methods and Models for Molecular Sciences, Nanosciences, Neurosciences, and Political Science and Sociology.
Value of Scholarship:
All students admitted to the PhD program receive full financial support. This includes tuition, fees, free meal, and a cost-of living scholarship. All students will be assigned further funding for their research activity and travel.
International and Italian citizens
To be taken at (country):
Applications are invited from candidates who, irrespective of their citizenship, have an Italian Laurea Magistrale (MA/MS degree) or an equivalent degree awarded abroad, or who expect to have obtained the degree required for admission by 31 October 2020 – failure to obtain the degree by this date will disqualify the candidate for admission.
Admission to the selection process is restricted to candidates who:
- were born after 31 October 1988;
- have no past criminal charges resulting in a prison term of more than three years;
- have not been subject to the disciplinary measure of “expulsion” as specified in the didactic regulations of the SNS;
- are not in possession of a research doctorate issued by an Italian university, and in any case have never benefitted from a scholarship for attending a research doctorate course in Italy.
To apply for the scholarship in collaboration with the Istituto di Nanoscienze del Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche (CNR-NANO), candidates:
- shall, at the time of the application deadline, be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and not yet awarded a doctoral degree;
- should not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Italy for more than twelve months in the three years immediately prior to the time of the application deadline.
Admission interviews can be conducted in Italian or English; the admission interview for the PhD course in “Political Science and Sociology” and “Methods and Models for Molecular Sciences” must be conducted in English. The candidate’s level of competence in the Italian and English language must be stated in the application, with reference to the EUROPASS language grid
How to Apply:
- The online procedure will be activated within the section dedicated to the call on the SNS web site, at the address http://phd.sns.it/
- It is important to go through the Application details on the Program webpage (see Link below) before applying.
Application Deadline: February 27, 2020 / August 27